What's the worst thing you've ever done in your life?

When I was 16 I joined (with my mother's consent) the armed forces, and served for one year.

I was part of a unit composed by soldiers/marines of the same age I was. Our job was to hunt (track and capture) underage criminals; but we didn't just arrested them, we usually tortured them, and sometimes killed them.

That's the worst thing I've ever done in my life.

(Pics are for illustrative purpose only.)

Thank you for sharing your opinions. This question is now closed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm alright with everything I've done.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was doing everything that my "family" wanted me to do and not what I wanted to do.
    I let them controlling my life and that is one of my biggest regrets.

What Guys Said 18

• I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1984.

• there's nothing more uncool than the gipper.

• And the alternative was better?

• @Regulatus I didn't think so in 1984. I didn't vote for Reagan as much as I voted against sacrificial lamb Fritz Mondale. However, after seeing what Lee Atwater and the neocons have done since, that shit should have been aborted before becoming the heinous odiousness that has led to Ted Cruz and Trump.

• i marched with occupy wallstreet.

• Maybe not the right timing for this, but wow I didn't know such thing existed. What kind of unit is that called? o-O

• Stop lying to make yourself sound "cool" and badass. For one, torture is illegal in Poland, so it would make no sense that military would torture people. For two, Poland doesn't allow 16 year old girls to join the military. Even for men, the minimum age required is 18.

You know, if you're gonna lie, next time do some more research to make it sound more plausible.

• I'll let you know when the statute of limitations has expired on it.

• I wasted my teen years. Now they're almost over and I regret it.

• come on, thats not true

• Shit happens in Mexico, almost everyday, and people don't know about it

• the teens we hunted were members of the different organised crime groups, they weren't the average teen criminals, some of them had a high body count.

• hmm.. i get it then. i guess they had to go. dont feel too bad. ultimately you did good.
      i was just saying coz i did a little bit of dumb shit as a teen but i would be pissing my pants if i was gonna be tortured or killed.
      and i just tought it was unfair, if that was the case. anyway.. pasts in the past

• that must be very difficult to live with.

• Did you actually torture people?

• How the fuck do you sleep after that

• I had to go through lots of therapies.

• @goodmood in Mexico the military can do almost whatever they want, as long as they do not interfere in politics.

• I have heard illegal shit done by police and the military on a very minor scale, but certainly not like torturing and murdering subjects without any consent. If they were doing that kind of illegal shit, it would come to the country's attention. Since there are no news about such behaviors, you have to prove yourself that what you're saying is true. What proof do you have?

• Oh, jeez,

• showing memes to people

• Smeared doodoo in someone's face, but he had it coming.

• I've done nothing wrong.

• Joining the armed forces is the worst thing anyone could do.

• Wow nothing like that, getting married was worse thing I did

• Made some kid kill himself when I was serving in the military. Didn't intentionally bring him to that. it caught me off guard but he ended up snapping. I did what I did because he was fucking over my life. I broke him down to nothing and hazed him.

• waste it.

What Girls Said 9

• I believe you. Hard to believe but even in America we tortured people. I hope you are at peace with yourself.
    After some thought, I'm going with when I was suicidal in middle school due to being bullied daily and all the school really did was dish out slaps on the wrists. I just couldn't imagine putting my family through that pain. I didn't go through with it because I was scared and because a part of was saying people will miss me.

• I stole a Sailor Moon sticker book from the store when I was 9.

• That makes me a saint in comparing to that. The worst things I've ever done:

- Cheating on the FCAT exam in order to graduate from HS
    - Lying to my parents
    - Flashing once on cam when I was 19

• i broke my sister's finger by slamming the door in a fit of anger. i didn't see her reach for the door, and it almost took her finger off. i know that doesn't compare to what you wen through though. that must be hard.

• I haven't done anything worst so far

• Why did you want to join that?

• I didn't go to college because my teacher tell me I'm just a piece of trash. I shouldn't listen to her and just go.

• I'd rather not say what I did, it's not something I'm proud of.

• I sent nudes to a 30 year old man when i was 16