Would you use a kid leash?

I definitely will be. I'm scared of strangers snatching up your kid, my kid messing up someone's stuff in a store, or my kid causing the death of an innocent animal.

People, I am talking about the adorable backpacks with leashes attached to them! Not collars and leashes. Holy crao, is that what y'all were thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. The masses will yell child abuse and how it will destroy their fragile little feelings and how cruel it is. But I say horse nuggets to them all. Not being super protective in this stinking sick world to me is a lot more cruel and heartless than keeping them close and safe

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. If my kid is a dasher they can be gone in an instant. Of course you try to teach them to stay near you or hold your hand but some kids need it. I'd only use it if I really needed it

What Guys Said 12

• Jesus H. Christ. I'd rather cut off my hand. I refuse to treat my child as some kind of pet. That's incredibly humiliating and degrading. It's also a completely paranoid behavior on behalf of the parents. I'm assuming you're American, since no other "civilized" country would possibly come up with something so insane as putting a leash on your child.

• When your kid falls in a gorilla cage or is almost kidnapped when they're standing right next to you let me know.

• I did have an attempt to kidnap me when I was 8 . My dad just so happen to be right behind the guy when he gabbed me. My dad stomped a mud hole in his arse while the police was called. It turned out that later we found out he was a wanted child molester so paranoia applies to those who have never been given reason to feel a fear of what ever the case is calling for. Now I don't personally know anyone else that has experienced it

• Definitely not. Kids need to learn for themselves. A leash won't accomplish anything.

• "Bye kiddo! Sorry you got kidnapped, should have stayed close to the cart! Darn, bob, looks like we gotta make another kid.'

• Then it stems from bad parenting. Kids need to be taught not to run away.

• When you have yourself a coulee running around in the store , get back to me. And if it's anywhere near the toy isle Lord help you

• Yes even if I only use it on occasion.

• If I leave my honest opinion then u'll shit on it in the comments just cuz it's different from urs

• Disrespecting someone's opinion because you don't agree shows immaturity. People should be able to state what they think w/o others getting mad.

• Alright

I don't believe in child leashes.

• Oh okay

• Your kid is going to develop anxiety issues if you don't realize you can't protect them from everything and try to do so

• I would not. It's completely unnecessary and degrading.

• That's extremely degrading.

• Yeah probably. I've thought of that. But I'm a paranoid person.

• Yeah, you're definitely paranoid. You may love your child, and your heart is there, but you're doing it wrong. I don't want to tell you how to raise your child, but what you're doing is wrong no doubt. You are psychologically scarring your child. Why would you do that to your own kid?

• Because I'm scared of my kids being like my sister and going off with strangers. Because I'm scared of someone snatching them when they're right there. I want to be able to do what I can to prevent that. If the world changed I would reconsider.

• thats horrible,, i hope your ovaries fail you before you can have any poor children

• Be a parent and watch your kid.

• If it's a chest harness and not a neck collar yes.

Those who say "Kids need to learn for themselves" will be the first screaming with regretful tears when their kid is hit by a speeding car.

Sometimes new ideas are worth checking out, try it, it won't kill you or your kid.

• I saw a kid running around today at work. He was wrecking havoc. His dad strapped the book bag on him and he couldn't go anywhere. If I could woop my kid without people saying abuse I definitely would. But I will most certainly use a backpack.

• humans aren't animals

• No but children don't immediately understand they can't go off alone.

• No kids neef to learn to be safe on tgere own you can't protect them 24/7 and they need to learn to be take responsibility for there own actions

• That's true. "Bye kiddo, sorry you got kidnapped, hope your little sister learns from your mistake!"

• And there grandpa is the chief of police si they would be found

• My children won't be getting phones until they're in highscool. They don't need them.

What Girls Said 7

• Probably not, but I'm not opposed to the idea. I've watched two videos recently of attempted kidnappings. In broad daylight. That's scary.

• I've mentioned those videos in some of these comments. The children were right next to their mothers.

• Exactly. It happened so fast.

• what about holding ur child's hand like how we did in the olden days

• What if I have two babies and a toddler? Or I'm walking with a ton of groceries?

• You're saying it was the way she was nurtured. If she turned out link that then you were implying my mom didn't do something right.

• read what i said directly afterward "bad friends, possibly". kids are affected by *everyone* they hang around.

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I would rather have my kid on a leash than lost, kidnapped, or worse.

• By leash I assume your mean the cute backpack with an attachment for the parent. I would not use it all the time, but places with big crowds like New York City (especially on the train station platforms), Disney, and malls would make it safer for him or her. Some kids are just more wild than other kids and they have so much energy that even knowing right from wrong will not always keep them safe. One running burst away from a parent can be fatal.

• I just put an update. If people thought that was what I was talking about something is wrong omg

• The fuck? Hell, no! I'm more scared of you choking your kid.

• Lol omg no. The leashes are attached to a child's backpack. You don't put it on their neck tf.

• When they learn how dangerous it is to go off by themselves.

• I understand your concern, but I'm not putting a leash on my child. It just looks silly to me.

• No kids in the first place = no kid leash. Problem solved! lol

• If I chose to have kids I would. Too much chaos in the world to trust a child alone. I see kids running around stores alone a lot. I always think what if they hurt someone? What if they destroy property or get kidnapped? Pay no mind to those who think its degrading they have no idea and just assume everything must be child abuse.