I always having nightmares. I wonder why?

I always having nightmares. I wonder why? thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a number of different factors that can lead to you experiencing a lot of nightmares. Some of them cannot be influenced. For example some people simply experience more nightmares than others (science hasn't quite figured out why that is the case). Another, very big reason for constant nightmares can be psychological conditions such as depression or anxiety. Dreams are basically your brain trying to work through all the things you've been feeling, thinking and experiencing during the day. If there are unresolved issues or very negative emotions such as fear, anger, frustration, desperation etc., this can easily led to your brain creating nightmare-scenarios when you sleep.
    And finally, nightmares can also be a cause of bad lifestyle choices, particularly nutrition. One rule of thumb you should definitely follow is to never go to sleep with a full stomach. For me (and many other people), this has often led to nightmares in the past. You should always wait a minimum of 2-3 hours after a big meal before you lie down and sleep. This becomes especially important when the meal was rather fatty. The fattier a meal was, the more your stomach has to work (I'm not just talking about fast food or BBQs here but also things like eating lots of dairy, for example a cheese fondue). If your stomach has to work hard while you sleep, people tend to get nightmares. So eating something light for dinner and waiting 3 hours before you go to bed would be a good start to see whether your nightmares will decrease.
    Alcohol consumption can also lead to nightmares, especially if you drink it shortly before going to bed.
    And finally, it's important to have a cozy, comfortable environment in your bedroom. Your bedroom should be a place where you're happy and you like to be. One aspect here is temperature. The human body likes to sleep in coolish temperatures. That doesn't mean you have to turn on the air conditioning like crazy and get the flue. Opening the window can already be enough. The perfect temperature for sleeping is somewhere in the low 20s (celsius). It should feel just a bit freezing when you lie on your bed naked and without a blanket but warm and cozy once you sleep under the blanket. That's the perfect sleeping temperature. If your room is too cold, you will get sick. If it's too warm however, you might get nightmares because your body feels stuffy and overheated.

Most Helpful Girl

• wish I knew I have had them often since I was little

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• According to psychology, if you often have nightmares, it means that you're worried about something or that you have issues which need to be sorted out.

• Me too
    I heard that people who feel too much always see nightmares bcs they worry too much about everything

• Damen👺👺

• Things you have not dealt with in waking life become nightmares deal with the things you rather push to the back of your mind and the nightmares will cease.