Have you ever experienced Sleep Paralysis?

I never been so scared in my life before , I experienced Sleep Paralysis 2 times this past week but the second one with a shadow starting at me. I know this sounds crazy and only the people that have experienced this before know what I'm talking about , now I'm paranoid each fucking night ever since that Monday night and unable to go to sleep.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are several ways to get yourself out of sleep paralysis.

First is accepting and being aware that you are in a sleep paralysis. Chill out, you know what is happening. You have been there before, so you know that nothing bad is happening to you. Take that knowledge to relax some and accept that it happens. Panic just makes it worse.

Then the options beyond that are starting to slowly move. Start with your fingers/toes and move from there.
    The alternative is to hold your breath for a bit. That brings your body in a run or die mindset and due to adrenaline and such you will be eventually able to move.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Sleep paralysis is a demonic attack. I once experienced it and I felt a really sinister presence. I heard someone else on YouTube share her experience where she experienced sleep paralysis and heard a creepy voice say "I love you." Just pray have faith in the Lord. He's stronger than any demon out there. It helps to sleep with your bible under your pillow.

• I been praying and hoping this don't come back but man this has been such a trip for me :/

• This stuff is very real and the only way we can protect ourselves is through God.

• Sleep paralysis is not a demonic attack, it's when your mind begins to become convoys while your body is still under the influence of the paralyzingly chemical signals your brain sends so you don't act out your dreams during REM sleep when dreaming primarily occurs, however we rarely experience it so we perceive it to be an outside force restricting our movement. During my sleep paralysis I thought I was being attacked by a bad spirit then researched it and discovered what was really happening. It happened again later but both times it happened, I fell asleep listening to YouTube videos of ASMR and mistook the voices for that of others in the room. I'm not going to criticize your understandings of the universe but sleep paralysis is a medical, scientific occurrence that should not be confused with demonic activity.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes had this lots of times. Seems so real and awake yet you just can't move. It usually happens when I fall asleep on my back I'll have my eyes open and a shadow or something in the room will feel like a person watching and moving towards me. I try to move or get out of the way but nothing works until I either wake up properly or somebody else wakes me. Scary s**t at times.

• Thankfully, I have not. But it seems scary af based on what people say. From what I know, you just have to realise what's happening at will pass more easily.

• I have yea
    Never with a shadow staring at me tho...
    I have sleep apnea and that can sometimes be one of the sode effect so you might want to go visit the sleep disorder center at your doctor

• I think just 2 or 3 times.
    Funny thing... i just had my first Paralysis after i read about it.

• How i fight Sleep Paralysis:

- I wake up and can't move
      - I close my eyes and focus on relaxing, thinking about things that make me happy in life.
      - I don't try to move, that wwill only make me anxious, so i countinue to get relaxed
      - I relax, breathing in and out, no worries... positive thinking and wait some seconds with my eyes closed
      - When i feel i'm ok, i suddendly try to move my legs and arms simultaneously.
      - you can get ok from that on 15 or 20 seconds. No need to be afraid.

• - Paralysis will break

• i hope i never will.

• yeah i have

• Yea once... for like 5 seconds. Was scary though

• Yes, when I was younger. You have to focus on what is happening, start moving you toes and finger, breath slow.

• I had it not that long ago, message me and I'll tell you what I did to make it not happen again

• I don't think so. I hope I never do. I have enough trouble with nightmares that dealing with sleep paralysis would drive me crazy.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, it's fucking terrifying. I was on my back when I felt someone over me, and they raised a gun to shoot me. I was so scared.

• I used to get this practically every night a little while ago. I still get it now, just not nearly as much as I used to. I have to sleep in a certain position because that particular position prevents it from happening. It happens almost every time I sleep during the daytime too. I hate it and it's scary, and also very annoying because of how often it happens to me. I hate trying to wake myself up out of it while it's happening, it's not easy.

• If i mess up my sleeping pattern, I get sleep paralysis. But I've never seen shadow figures or anything. Just not body not willing to pick itself up no matter how hard I try.

• I actually haven't. I'm so glad, I honestly have no idea how I'd handle sleep paralysis, probably have a heart attack and die. I hope I never have to meet the Shadow Man.

• You are one lucky one hope you never do. I been doing a lot of research ever since this happen and apparently it was the hat man.

• it happens to me.. i researched it and apparently its when you are too deep in your sleep and experiencing a nightmare or so you get paralyzed and it gets weird. but no biggie dont be scared

• Yes but only when I take too much of a certain medication so I avoid it