Do you prefer solitude or to be around people?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends for how long. I've read some survival books and the rule of 3 can be applied here. no 3 seconds without a plan, no 3 minutes without air, no 3 hours without shelter, no 3 days without water, no 3 weeks without food and no 3 months without social contact, because then you can start losing touch with reality. it kind of makes sense to want to be around people because we are surrounded with people from cradle to the grave. on the other side, many philosophers have lived in solitude up to a year without going insane, they did so to eliminate all input from society so the only input they can have is their own mind. they did so to create strong principles and individuality, because they dont want to be influenced by the mainstream of society. it is normal to want to be alone, sometimes i want to sometimes i want to talk to people. it really depends.

Most Helpful Girl

• For as long as i can remember, I enjoyed doing silly things by myself. I always felt like people looked at me weird and didn't get anything I said and I just always felt lonely for many many reasons growing up. I would talk to myself sometimes like I was my own friend, I'de make weird things with my toys and create scenarios in my head, sometimes drawing them and writing about anything I thought. So it felt comfortable and still does feel comforting to be alone and with my own thoughts. I feel really free because I'm the only person I know that gets me. A lot of people that "know" me see me as just stupid (I didn't do my homework in school and was different than a lot of the girls) and they just had an odd perception of me like I was odd and useless. Just an odd one out that we can laugh at. I like my alone time a lot. A lot. And if I ever find somebody who can feel the same way I do- maybe we can be alone together.

What Guys Said 17

• I prefer Solitude. No doubt.

• I like some solitude, I am used to being out on my own for weeks on end in the middle of the forest or on the lakes. Well I am not entirely alone I do take my puggy-man, he is good company!

• Solitude. I'm used to it.

• Neither

• Depends, random people no not really, friends, yeah.

• I prefer whiterun

• Solitude. People just really don't deserve my company. I know that sounds arrogant, but it's true.

• I'm 50/50. I love some alone time, but seeing my friends is always good.

• Solitude but not being lonely

• Neither

• Solitude when I'm relaxing, chaos when I'm working/creating/researching.

• People?
    No way , I prefer to keep a distance from these sick things

• Solitude

• definitely solitude

• Solitude

• Rotating sign with headlights.

• solitude

What Girls Said 11

• I prefer solitude, but I need to be around people otherwise I get crazy and depressed. So I have an internal contradiction ><

• I go through different phases. If I have a period of time where I am spending way too much time around people I feel the need to retreat and be alone.. sometimes I'll become antisocial for a few months and spend a lot of time alone.. and then I'll feel better and I'll want to socialize again and go out.

I also get irritated when people are around me a lot... I don't know if I can be in a relationship for this reason lol..

• I prefer soltitude. But I like to spend my time with certain people.

• Begin around people.

• i am comfortable in both to be honest, i dont have a preference.

• :> well, often-by myself. Mostly I crave to be alone after a hard day at school (legit, 9-10 is annoying and too much-take me back to high school, haha)

• more of solitude... and rarely around people

• No, I love being around people and socializing. Solitude is great for short periods, but not all the time.

• a mix of both. It really depends on where I am and what happening. If I'm at the gym, I was solitude and peace so I can focus. If I'm at a party, friends would be nice.

• i'm not very good with people. if i'm comfortable, i don't mind being around people. however, i do the best on my own.

• Both! But I lean more towards solitude.