Is anyone else child free cause they don't want to pass on shitty genes?

I feel like my genes are too mediocre to be passed on. I'm average looking, not athletic, don't have any special talents or gifts and of average intelligence. I feel like my child will be born with lots of disadvantages. For people who do plan on procreating. Do you think you have good genes?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont want kids as i dont want to pass on illnesses that run in my family.

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 13

• Why'd you stay anon for Childfree question? Show yourself, no need to worry or feel shame or being judged by others.

You should be proud that you are different and think differently than those that just want to follow the crowd of having children just because all of their friends, relatives, family members are having them and worse, pressuring them, nagging them, harassing them for still not having any kids yet, or haven't married yet, or still haven't had sex yet.

Genes really isn't the end be all to determine whether someone wants to procreate or not. If someone really wants to be parents they should really plan it out thoroughly and expect it to be a challenge, and have realistic expectations.

Get parenting education or take parenting classes or something that way you can experience and learn in firsthand on what it really takes to be someone's parent. If you ever had babysitting experience that may help you greatly in deciding if being someone's parent is something is ever truly want or not.

My own personal reason for choosing childlessness by choice is that I could never agree to it because of the way I view and my outlook of our world and reality. I just think that the bad things, the horrible things and tragic things would ultimately outweigh the good and pleasurable things for someone to come into this reality and then they must face all of the troubles and miseries. But if I choose to not bring someone into existence then they would never have to face or deal with any of those problems and issues. I figured that if they weren't born then they would have never suffered and then they never would have their own demise which would be inevitable.

• Children have risen to the top from even worse beginnings. If you think you're lacking then one thing you shouldn't do to your children is pass on that kind of mentality.

• You have no reason not to have kids.
    Look at what great kids that a$$hole Donald Trump has. There is hope for everyone.

• I've horrible expressed genes but great latent ones! I'll do it. For us.

• I have high intelligince about all the people from father side have like that

• I mean ya

• I'm child free because it hurts to give birth.

• no.. i am and will remain child free because of other reasons though

• Recombinant factors in the process of copying and reproducing genetic information (DNA) cause certain genes to be passed on, some not to be passed on, and (depending on how much your partners genes vary from your own) new genes or new variations of genes that either of you possess. So pretty much I wouldn't worry about it too much lol. Plus I'm sure you are awesome at lots of stuff!!

• I am sure, you are better than most winner of the Darwin Awards:
    http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2009-09.html
    "In the spirit of Charles Darwin, the Darwin Awards commemorate individuals who protect our gene pool by making the ultimate sacrifice of their own lives. Darwin Award winners eliminate themselves in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, thereby improving our species' chances of long-term survival."

• Same here. Besides, the world is already overpopulated.

• no i dont have

• I think same

What Girls Said 2

• Some average couples and ugly couples make great looking kids.

• I'm child free cause I'm not ready for the commitment of being someone else's world