Are you jealous of people who have more than you?

Whether it be money, a better job, more friends, etc..

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not so much jealous but I am envious of people who have more than I do. It's normal. Humans are social beings. It's a normal emotion each and every one of us experiences once in a while. Anyone who says he/she doesn't is either lying or something's wrong with them...

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends. I'm jealous of people that have more friends than me or more supportive family members, but I am not jealous of those with more money. They earned that money and deserve it, while I have never had a job. When I was little my dad and cousin would just hand me money, and I felt terrible taking it, since I clearly didn't earn it.

I value family and friends over anything else in the world. Ironically, I don't have much in terms of positive relationships. I don't have any friends, and the only relatives I ever see are my mom and sister. So, yes, I'm very jealous of those with big families or a lot of friends.

• There are actually tons of super rich people in this world (probably even the majority of rich people) who didn't earn their wealth. At least not in a traditional sense. For example when a CEO of a pharmaceutical company makes 80-100 millions a year, I'm sure he worked hard but so do many normal office workers too. And let's face it, if you earn as much money as normal people would earn in thousands of years (and yes, that's actually an accurate number), something's fishy. You might have more responsibility than a mailman or a waitress but you don't have millions of times that responsibility. The same goes for bankers, hedge fonds managers, real estate sharks, even the folks in silicon valley.

• So I guess what I'm saying is that you are completely allowed to feel jealous of such people and you don't need to feel bad about it. Because frankly, most of these people don't deserve their astronomical wealth. Working hard is one aspect of becoming rich but other aspects, such as being at the right time at the right place are actually more important. Especially since you don't become rich by working hard, you become rich by buying other people's labor and selling it with a profit.

What Guys Said 21

• I'm envious about a lot of things...
    -guys who are better looking than I am
    -guys who have cool voices
    -guys who get to have sex with really attractive girls
    -people with cool talents
    -people who are happy and full of life
    -people who are more intelligent than I am
    -people who are wealthier than I am
    -people who have been able to experience things I haven't

• No. I congratulate those who have more money.

I also advise those who are just starting out on how to obtain their own financial goals.

• No, never. I only live my own life. I don't waste my time is something stupid like " "Jealousy"

• Very very little. It's not like I despise them for having things I do not but more like "dayum... why can't I have that? Why do I have less? Daym..."

• No I believe you have to look at yourself rather than at others.

• Everyone is to a degree. Anyone who says they aren't is lying. Or else they have Down's Syndrome (those guys are happy as fuck)

• quiet a blanket statement you made there.. some people get a feeling of motivation when they want what others have

• have sex with a couple of hot chicks and experience what that feels like. I wanted to experience what it feels like when girls actually chase after you. I don't think any girl EVER chased after me. I have an awesome love life because I found an amazing girl but my sexual history is very, very boring to be honest. I wish I could have been that popular guy for at least one week of my life. At any rate, you see I was/am envious of my friend. That doesn't mean I'm envious of his whole life. There are also things I like much better about my own life. But when it comes to sex and also popularity in general, I'm envious of him. I also don't think I should feel ashamed of this emotion because it's just natural. We can't be the best at everything. There's always some dude or some girl who is better at one specific thing.

• @BlueCoyote i understand you..

• No, because I have no idea what hell they had to go through to get what they have.

• Only if it's been handed to them.

• Not at all.

• No. Way too unhealthy.

• good luck to them

• Fiercely.

I love being jealous!

Makes me feel human.

• I'm jealous of people who are retarded and have a decent job.

• Yeah I get pissed off when a much inferior guy gets the girl but I don't

• nope,, if i want something, ill go get it,, being jealous doesn't accomplish anything

• If these peple dont deserve , normally yes..

• No I'm not

• No, only rich assholes that get everything they want without trying for it and they fuck everyone

• Do people on GAG realize that jealousy is actually a good thing?

• Yes that they can get girlfriends and I can't

• not found anyone yet that has more than me

What Girls Said 27

• No, there's always going to be someone who has "more" than me. But, I'm perfectly happy and satisfied with my own life and what I have.

• I think it's normal to be jealous since we, as humans, are selfish. But I don't linger on, or obsess about it.

• No because I have everything I need in God I trust to provide for me.

• It really depends on how they got where they are.

If someone really studied and worked hard for years and is finally a rich owner of a huge coorporation well then they deserved it. Good for them.

However, if we're talking about a man/woman that is wealthy only through the means of getting paid by having sex with strangers or being porn stars and is really a nobody in life while I'm working as a translator taking calls for 10 hours then yes that can be irritating.

• The above deserves it. The later is a nobody in life and can't do anything else besides having sex with randoms.

So yes, if I'm earning much less than a HS drop-out that became a prostitute that is upsetting.

• I think that's rather demeaning towards prostitutes. Perhaps you don't realize that being a prostitute is actually a very tough job. Sure, the skill-set you need to perform your job might seem very limited but there are a lot of "soft" skills that you sort of need, such as empathy and the ability to read people well. Many men (especially older men) who visit prostitutes actually don't have sex with them. They pay them to talk. I even know a guy who went to a prostitute (prostitution is legal in my country) with the intention to have sex but eventually paid her to be his quasi-therapist. Of course that prostitute could have been a complete bitch about it but she understood he was in an emotionally difficult situation and she probably also didn't want to lose a customer.
      Plus, having sex with strangers also requires a lot of emotional strength, stability and self-security. Many people talk badly abut hookers but the truth is that most folks wouldn't be capable of performing their job.

• It's not exactly jealousy but, a girl in my circle of friends always brags about her ugly boyfriend and mocks my messed up love life. People I am actually jealous of are rich and famous celebrities who get to travel all the time and buy all the designer stuff they want and live in fancy houses.

• if it flares up, i squash it by thinking about all the things i'm lucky to have that other people don't have.

• This is great and God always provide so don't worry

• No, but I've always been envious of girls with great bodies. Not jealous, envious. That's what has spurred me to work so hard to make mine better.

• No. I try my best to be grateful for the things that I have in life. I like to believe that I have everything that I'm supposed to have. Do I sometimes wish that I had more? Of course. But if I'm meant to have it, then I will.

• Quality over quantity.

• nope, :p

I remember once feeling something like, "They are working hard and what am I doing? Wasting my time away."
    So if I ever feel something like that it is usually a wake up call or something.

• If they have everything handed to them then yes I would be if the person worked their ass off for what they have then no because they deserve everything they have.

• Sometimes I can get a little sad, but then I'm happy for them that at least they're happy. And then I remember things could be much worse for and that I should appreciate I have now rather than feeling bitter.

• No I hate everyone equally.

• I totally clicked yes on accident. I'm not jealous of anything or anyone, because I'm me. Just work to be as good, if not better than them and voila

• Unfortunately you will find in adult life, that is not always the way things go. You can work harder than anyone, and still get screwed over (just a heads-up).

• Not actively. Things would be easier with more money, but I'm grateful for what I do have.

• When they don't deserve it yes I am. Otherwise I wish everyone could have everything.

• Don't care about it.

• I used to be. Not so much anymore.

• PFFFFFFFFFFFT. No. I'm happy with what I have and I wouldn't want it any other way :)

• Oh yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I get really jelly.

• Plus, it means their families may have been more responsible than mine, like in terms of planning for the future, so I feel jealous about that too.

• Don't be jealous about people who sleep around; they will have a nasty reputation later on in life, trust me.

• If they go extreme yeah, but lots of people are like oh I was in my teens/20s and blow it off.

• Who wouldn't be? It's a natural human instinct.

• Sometimes, but i'm kind of positively jelous. I'm happy that they have what i always wanted to have. Unless they made/claimed it not in a fair way

• I never understood this envious thing.

You know honestly, honestly, I love myself. I really do.

I have never wanted what someone else has, although I have been mad at myself for sometimes not working harder than other people.

Like if someone gets an A I'll be like fuck? I NEED TO WORK HARDER TO GET AN A.

That's sort of it really.

Oh and sometimes when others have a lot of friends that intimidates me too. But honestly lots of people have lots of friends and doesn't mean that those friendships are real

• Its natutal to be jealous ofsomeone that has what we want, but for e jealously is a quick temporary feelings. It should never go as far as wanting to be them or stalking them, now that is just crazy. Jealousy can be used in a positive way to motivate

• Yes, I am. Especially if they have more money, more friends or a family that loves and respects them.

• It's rare, but sometimes I get jealous... recently I've been feeling jealous of all the assholes who are just selfish and don't care about anyone but themselves because they get what they want. but then I realized I would be miserable if I were like them and I am happy the way I am because at least I am honest and hard working and independent.

Also sometimes someone else has more than you in a different way. Like I used to have a best friend who came from a millionaire family.. she was always jealous of me because I'm a lot prettier than her and a lot of guys always pay way more attention to me when we go out.. I always thought it was stupid that she was jealous of me.. I could just as easily be jealous of her that her father is a millionaire and she is well taken care of... if you're always looking at what someone else has, then yes you'll always be dissatisfied, but you also have to count your blessings too... like having a lot of money means she can dress well and buy good makeup and make herself look better anyway so whatever.

• I'm jealous of girls who the guys i like prefer