If you are in a relationship, and you talk to another guy or girl, but you are not flirting, is that cheating?

i'm asking because my 14 year old niece just got in a fight with her mom about this. she is on this site called o mingle (i think) talking to random people because she's bored. she also told her boyfriend she was on it. when i said i didn't think it was cheating, she got mad at both of us. so is it cheating?

0|0
6|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that when you are in a solid, ADULT relationship, a little casual flirting isn't bad at all, because maybe that other one makes you smile, or gets you a little excited, so when you go home to the one you love, you can express those feelings with them, and love that time, together!!
    Not kissing someone else, but what's wrong with a little non-touching, but playful, maybe somewhat sensually suggestive, innuendos?
    It's nice, for both men and women, to feel like others still might find them a little funny, or attractive, and they can take that good feeling back to their partner/wife, and share that personal, good feeling, with the other, in the way they love.
    Cheating is kissing someone else, passionately, having sex, or intimate fondling with someone that you are not in the relationship with!! A little playful flirting, casual comments, NOT CHEATING!!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It's not cheating, since it's just talking. But why would she get mad? Does she want to cheat? It makes no sense :/

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not cheating but it's highly disrespectful.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like boredom, exploring her thoughts and opinions of others.
    ahhh, isn't she a little young (14) to be on a dating site?

1|0
    0|0
    • It wasn't like that. She thought it was a place to make friends.

• Cheating is usually something you lie about. And you can only cheat after you have agreed to an exclusive relationship. She's 14 and she's way too young to be in an exclusive relationship. So no, she can't cheat on her boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not cheating EVEN if you're flirting.

1|0
    1|0
    • that's what i said. they were just talking and all of us were in the room with the girls, but my roommate got pissed about it and said it was.

• Omegle? Anyway, I don't think so.

0|0
    1|0
  • nah.

0|0
    1|0
  • No, it's not. You have to be small minded to think otherwise.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 6

• No. Cheating is you physically having sex with someone, touching them sexually, kissing in a sexual manner [not a kiss on the cheek or a friendly hug], intentionally making sexual advances, both verbal, physical and in text. It is mostly plotted then anything. But flirting should be avoided as it leads to cheating. Enticement is deception.

1|0
    1|0
  • Omegle is a site with a bunch of horny guys wanting something to fap to. Girls too but the guys seem to be more frequent. Just being on that site while in a relationship is a big no.

1|0
    0|0
    • Upvote for you :-) But what about GAG? GAG is full of horny guys and girls too, haha :-P

• @Duckweed2 well yes but that's not all it is. People come on here with legit questions, omegle is just a chat site

• Call it cheating or not; it's disrespectful. It's a rude, discourteous act of disrespect so once you do that, you open up a gateway for negative, problematic troubles.

1|0
    0|0
  • that is not cheating

0|0
    1|0
  • Why is a 14 year old child talking to strangers online?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's omegle, and no it's not cheating but she shouldn't be on there

0|0
    0|0