Anybody had or dealt with a pregnant dog?

I can't tell if she is pregnant or not! They had sex a month ago and she's not showing too much but her nipples are getting harder and longer. It says that she'd give birth 2 months after conception... So I feel like she should be showing by now? Anybody know some obvious signs?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

- Some dogs (like humans) don't show as much.

The nipples are an obvious sign. They're getting bigger and longer for the pups she's about to have.

Happy (yellow lab) never got too big with any of her litters (she had 4 or 5 total I think). Last litter she had was around age 9 or 10.
    *

She was put down at age 20 (2011) because of a cancerous growth on her shoulder. It was really obvious when you saw her.

Up until the very end, she'd always run up to the house to greet when we came outside. No matter the time of day/night. <3

• Awh I'm sorry. And yeah it's impossible to tell! I want them tho... So bad. I love puppies ❤️ Lol

• Not unless you want to take them to the vet. & That's not really necessary.

static.thefrisky.com/.../cute-puppies29.gif

I know! Been holding off on getting one... But, they're so freaking adorable. uggg!

• I agree! Lol everyone is telling me to take it to the vet... But I don't agree with that at all. Maybe if she starts acting weird... But she's fine rn

What Guys Said 5

• Did they do it doggy style? xD do dogs do it people style?

display.didioffendyou.com/1/3710527b42d028f01.jpg

• My dogs literally a slut. she always seems to be pregnant and having more puppies every couple of months. I don't prep at all anymore. Its nature, she's gonna do her thing and when it happens, boom, you've got puppy's. Things to look out for, is that if she's real defensive about everything, might become a little shy, or jumpy, or aggressive with you or people getting close. at least thats what my dogs like. Hope this helped!!

• Vet is your best bet. Better to know in advance and prep for it.

• You can't really do anything to prep for it tho?

• Well I had scissors in case she did not bite the cord, cotton to tie it off if she bit too close to the body. separate area made up to remove pups if she tried to hurt them. Medical gloves to protect from germs etc car ready to go with sheets on the seat if any needed to be taken to the vet. Yes I was in the scouts and navy cadets as a child and always prepared from the worst haha

• Awesome thanks!

• 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...5-6-8-3-2-4-5-1-2-3-4.png

When Kourtney has the summer off she really goes wild huh? 😂

• Go see a vet. Knowing whether or not it is pregnant is vital in order to give it the right food and the right amount.

What Girls Said 6

• Take her to the vet.

• Take your dog to the vet it will be safer than taking any advice from us. I can go over everything with you but you need a professional to make sure she's alright.

• It's human nature lol... Not many people take animals to the vet for that stuff anymore. Just when they're sick

• Well I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but you really don't know for sure... dogs can't talk and tell you they don't feel good.

• Okay thank you for your opinion lol

• Honey, you might want to take her to the vet to get an x-ray or an ultrasound to know for sure.

• ah no :/
    take her to the vet and problem solved :P

• You should take her to the vet.

• Just go to the veto