Why did pokemon go get rid of the speed stat?

I'm looking all over the internet trying to find why they did such a shitty move. Mainly because thanks to them doing this it makes electric type pokemon become shit. Since they are powerful because of their speed stat which now they don't have at all. Along with having broken moves like making Water gun shoot at the same rate as thunder shock and having twice the power than thunder shock which isn't never meant to be. I'm annoyed by them turning Vaporeon into a power house when it doesn't make any sense but I guess when it comes to this they aren't doing it even remotely close to how the game works stat wise. Yes I am butt hurt that they completely ruined Jolteon. :'(

Most Helpful Guy

• XD because its not a real game, just an app to attract casuals. Nothing will beat the original Pokemon experience.

media.giphy.com/media/BHRL5qVhs0HXG/giphy.gif

• Still why did thy have to ruin jolteon. 😢

• Thanks for the mho :)

• Your gif makes me think of how much I love to pet Yveltal is. :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait, really? since when? That's like... a major major part of pokemon.

When I googled this all I got was your question, lol

• OHHHH its just pokemon go. okay. I was scared!

• ahh okay, yeah someone mentioned its because its in real time. Just be quick with yr fingers :P

• It's more about how getting rid of the speed base stat has made a lot of pokemon weak when they are one of the most powerful in the real game.

What Guys Said 18

• My most powerful beast at the moment is a jolteon, are you saying it will be a slow little bitch like my pidgeot?

I guess I'll have to farm even more pidgeot then because it's the ultimate fucking Pokémon, fucking hell

#salt

• They contacted us on gag and asked what would make @Mustachekitteh mad? we said get rid of the speed Stat 😜

• It also makes me sad since a lot of pokemon in the GO app become bad. As in only hard core tank like pokemon will be the best. 😢

• I haven't trained any of mine yet have you?

• I haven't trained mine since I live out in the boonies and can't catch pokemon that often. So I've just been saving up the stardust I get until I catch a pokemon with an extremely high CP.

• Lol I just started playing and I have no idea what this is all about.

• In the normal pokemon games the base stats you have are HP, Attack, Defense, Sepcial Attack, Special Defense, and speed. Which a lot of pokemon that are good rely on speed a good bit.

In pokemon Go they just merged the 2 attacks, 2 defenses, and got rid of the speed one all together. Which doing that makes a lot of pokemon in pokemon go that would normally be OP, are now one of the weakest.

• Oh but I need level 5 for that.

• Because it's a very poor excuse for a Pokemon game combat wise and I don't think they know what they're doing.

• My best guess is being you have to swipe to make them dodge, i think they think since they added the swipe and dodge there isn't a need for speed which is kind of dumb

• But thanks to that it's made electric and other poke. on that rely on speed to become a lot weaker.

• Yup, krobat, haunter, all electric, the legendary fighting pokemon from black and white 1 and 2, hitmonchan, hitmonlee, hitmontop, few others they screwed up a lot of things on go, they need to do some serious re-evaluation and change some things in it

• The combat is real time, speed wouldn't make any sense.
    But who cares, since you are fighting against AI which cannot switch just stuff your party with whatever the gym is weak to.
    Combat is shit, much fun.

• If they can't have speed then they have to change how electric and a lot of other pokemon work. Other wise they are suffering greatly and water pokemon end up being mostly the best ones.

• lol, pokemon go is a fad. give it a few more weeks and people will tire of it.

the true pokemon fans are looking forward to sun/moon.

• I don't know, because I don't play that game and never will.

• Perhaps one day, kitteh

• No idea what speed does.
    That's kinda shitty though 😭

• To make you mad.

• Pokemon go doesn't have game play based on priority moves since its not turn based rather it's real time combat. It's possible that the company felt that shoehorning in a use for speed would have just interrupted the combat pace in a real time environment.

• By getting rid of the speed base stat you have just ruined a lot of strong pokemon.

• That's assuming that pokemon stats were simply ported over into pokemon go. Have you considered that pokemon stats may have been completely rebalanced specifically for pokemon go?

• All the electric type pokemon are shit in pokemon go and a lot of others that are strong in the actual game are extremely weak in this one. The only good ones tend to just be the water pokemon. docs.google.com/.../htmlview

• Oh stop it, Jolteon is not ruined!

Electric on defense have only one weakness, and are one of the two types offensively that can super-effectively hit those damn pesky Water types!

• dont no

• Damn that sucks

• Why isn't FIFA 17 out yet?

• Says it's not supposed to come out until September 27, 2016.

• Hahaha whoottt xD Fifa gave you that impression? :p

I don't either, usually I just go over to my friend's to play it on ps4 for online. I'm a DOTA 2 hardcore gamer though 😂 tell me you've played it!

• I don't like sports games.

• a kids game pathetic

• I got it yesterday. I've never watched anything pokemon related or played any pokemon game.

I don't understand anything beyond combat power and trying to throw curve balls.

What Girls Said 0