What's wrong with being a tomboy?

Its kind of annoying that guys seem to dislike tomboys so much. I mean, I'm a bit of a tomboy, bit's nothing extreme (I just wear casual clothes and keep my hair in a bun/ponytail and I have a balance of liking girly things and boyish things)

Note: I'm talking about tomboys who just act somewhat boyish but are still a bit girly. Not super manly girls.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know.
    I guess it's kind of a guy asking what's wrong with being a girly?
    lol I don't know :D

I haven't really seen anyone that I can classify as tomboys.

But someone once told me guys like girls who are girly/feminine but at the same time has tomboy-ish side to them.

Not sure.

What Guys Said 12

• I looooove tomboys.
    Girly girls are nothing for me. When a girl can only talk about shopping and fashion and it takes her over an hour every morning to get ready... big turn off.

• There's nothing wrong with it, just be yourself. Eventually you'll find a boy who likes it.

• "guys seem to dislike tomboys so much"
    LOL. Oh honey. It's actually completely the opposite. You'll realize that as you get older.

• Nothing wrong, i love Tomboy or Boyish girls, and i really like to go out and have fun with this kind of girls.

• I love tomboys. It's a shame that they don't like me since they have high standards.

• Nothing wrong with it. Dress how you like and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• perhaps you need to find a girlyboy who isn't gay

• nothing wrong with being a tom boy. there's just a smaller group of guys that are into it.

• Most of them turn out to be lesbs. Not saying you are OP its just from my own exp

• Nothing's wrong with being a tomboy!!! You do you~
    I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I thought so anyway since I'm basically the opposite (I think they call them nancy boys lol)

• nothing wrong with it, i just like my girls girly

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• It's your life and interests. Who the fuck cares what other people think. As long as you're not hurting yourself or others just do what you want.

• I like to think of myself as a mixture of tomboy and girl, but lean a little more towards tomboy behavior ( definitely not in looks though!).

Embrace it. If that's how you are then it's ok. There are plenty of guys out there who like tomboyish girls and you'll find one. Just be patient, you're still young.

• Nothing is wrong, I'm a tomboy too.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm not a guy but if they can't accept it, are they really worth your time thinking and worrying about them?

• Lol so you find them annoying because they find you annoying?

• Nothing

• Just be yourself.

• There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a tomboy.

• I don't know.

• Nothing.. im a tomboy... And i be living life😎

• I think some guys just like girls who are more "feminine" in a sense, I mean of course different guys are going to have different tastes so there's nothing wrong with being a tomboy, it's just that there's lots of fish in the sea and not all of them like the same thing.

Also I understand the struggle of not being girly enough for some guys, ( I dated a guy once who dumped me because I didn't want to wear a dress ) because I'm pretty much the same way, I'm kind of a mix between both too