Do girls protect themselves from their crush?

I cut off my crush from my life.

I didn't want to tell him how much I liked or valued him.

Now he's gone forever.

I wonder if he'll ever remember me years from now.

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess that proves the whole "guys and girls can be just friends" theory, wrong

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of in the same page as you right now. Honestly, everyone will forget about you unless you give them something to remember you by, whether it be memories (most effective, in my opinion) or materials. I don't necessarily protect myself from my crush but I do avoid/ignore them so they won't know my feelings for them or just to not embarrass myself in front of them. You should've at least said hi or something, become his friend and all, but coming from a shy girl, I know how it can be hard. I did, I become a friend but it hurt way too much hoping for more so now, this is the only thing I use. I kind of miss talking to him everyday but honestly, he'll be okay and maybe, even better off without me. =)

• I think when I saw him I got scared because I hadn't seen him in so long. I also felt ashamed of myself because of the way I had acted not necessarily towards him, but towards other people who he knew.

I think he realized I was feeling vulnerable but didn't know why

• Can I message you?

• Sure thing. =)

What Guys Said 1

• I don't understand your question. It's hard to say whether he'll remember you, but cutting him out was the right call. If you want the key to getting a guy, you simply need confidence. I'd use this as a learning experience and find someone better.

What Girls Said 6

• people do cut off people they have feelings for. its not uncommon. women and men. I've done it (to peeve to myself i could). i regret it (i could but i realized i didn't want to). and im trying to fix it, still (not sure if its fixable. once trust is lost its lost, usually. :)

• If you know there was nothing that could be done (for whatever reason that is) then yes doing things to not allow your feelings to progress (protecting yourself) is a good idea. Saves you from heart ache. But it's easier said then done

• If I cut someone off, I don't ponder much over it.
    :p
    I don't if I see it as protection.
    I just don't care about it afterwards.
    It's just a crush. : p

• I do this too. Its sort of a defense mechanism to avoid getting hurt , maybe you guys will bump into each other a few years from now and pick up where you left off, who knows

• I've done that... there's no point trying to hold on to something you can't have

• I don't really know if it's about not having him.

I was scared. I figured if he just went away I could not feel.

I'm pretty sure he liked me at some point, but I don't know if he still does. Probably not

• Nope, but I wish I would have.

• Why do you say that?

I knew there were some feelings there on his end. But I was scared because I knew how long is this going to last even if it was pursued? It's not realistic.

So I just figured I need to cut off this guy before I get hurt