Anyone else battling sugar ants?

I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of them but having an exterminator come to my house. Chemicals make me really sick so if you've found a natural way to rid ants please tell me!! They're only in my kitchen which I keep clean and I leave no dirty dishes in the sink or anything. It's soo hot and dry that they're coming inside for water I guess.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used vinegar in a clean spray bottle before. And I even use vinegar as a natural cleaner to wipe down my counter tops. Ants don't like vinegar.

• Thank you for MH Guy opinion!

• You're welcome! :) I tried the vinegar, it's helped rid of them. Was going to try the borax and sugar thing but vinegar worked!

What Guys Said 5

• Ant traps work pretty well. Place 5 or 6 around your kitchen and change them out every few weeks. Did the trick at my last place.

• I did. Had to have the wall of my apartment torn down when they did the siding for them to find it. Exterminator is probably your best bet. Probably best to hang out somewhere else and keep the windows open until the smell goes away.

• By sugar ants you mean the tiny ones right? The best way to get rid of them is making a borax + sugar + water solution... look it up on youtube! It works great for sugar ants but not for all types of ants

• Noo. there's not much ants form where I is

• if they are coming in for water than put water outside for them little critters. but mix it with sugar and keep it away from your doors. it helps me because it draws them away.
    or if you want to kill them ant baits and traps of all kinds gets rid of them for good

What Girls Said 0