Is psychology a hard degree?

I don't really get what it would be classified as.

I mean a bachelor of science in psychology.

Most Helpful Guy

• Undergraduate courses for psychology are easy.

You earn your stripes in Psychology with a PhD. That's difficult, because it's a true test of your commitment to the field, rather than it being "omg, cool degree I'm practically a psychologist I hope I get a job!"

• Yeah. lol.

I think it's really when it gets to the masters level that it becomes a little more advanced at least I'm assuming?

• @randomhobo Good to know. Thanks for that info.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did psychology as an A level subject and apparently it's pretty hard at bachelors level, there's a lot of maths involved too.

• Really? I didn't know that.

• Yup, for the results and stuff, that was one major reason I didn't want to do it any further than A level. It's also a lot of remembering names and remembering different studies to use as evidence for your theories and stuff.

What Guys Said 11

• it was easy, I often used psychology classes as electives when getting by bachelor's degree in biochemistry. It was fun and interesting. Just put the time in, and you will do fine. Psychology is all about statistics as well so you better excel at math. I think a couple classes of yours will be dedicated towards statistics and mathematics.

• It's not really me, actually this girl who I know was doing psycholgy (Bachelor of science) in undergrad.

She was so... attention-seeking? Would treat me badly (I was in business).

I stalked her on linkedin and saw she was an honour roll student all 4 years at the local University in my city.

I can appreciate she's worked pretty hard. But I wonder if she even had the right to think she's better than others to begin with.

• Okay, now I can tell you. Psychology is easy. I would use it to boost my average for biochemistry. She has no right to look down upon you. People in biochemistry, chemistry, and physics had a lower GPA than people in psychology, and I thought they were WAY smarter. It is a degree that isn't hard to get a 90 in as long as you study.

People have no right to look down on others. I am in medicine, and you hear people talk about people as though they are a plebeian (a peasant), and act as though they, themselves, are high class or royalty. People like this end up having problems everywhere they go, because they lack the most basic skills of being amicable.

• If you're going to pursue a career in psychology , you're gonna have to at least make it into the masters to be worth anything in the job market.

• Most of them find the statistics courses difficult, other than that it's not that hard (and if you're good at math those statistics courses will be easy as well).

• no its a joke.

• Not at all. In fact it's one of the easier to obtain. Just about the lowest entry scores of any major, and the work is almost all simple memorization. There's a reason why its almost exclusively a female major these days.

• pretty ok

psychology, English, math

what people take when not sure about their life lol at least in my city

• since im a dyslexic everything related to studying is hard and impossible for me, lol

• If I may ask, is it possible for you to seek help for dyslexia?

I was watching this movie on dyslexia, and how this child used to love painting a lot. When his teacher discovered he had dyslexia he convinced his parents that the child is really talented, but just needs to put in more work at school because the numbers and letters aren't interpreted the same way for him.

I don't have too much knowledge about it, but it was an important movie to educate people about how dyslexic people aren't dumb or 'not smart' they're just different and need different kinds of learning methods.

I know it's different because you're older now. I'm around the same age as you. But I went through a lot of different things in University and realized I should've sought help. I still wonder if it's something I should look into.

Just a thought :)

• naah, dyslexia has no cure, but it can be treated a little only when a person with dyslexia is little, like around the age of 6 or 12, in that age if the kid is diagnosed with dyslexia then some special education is given to that child so the child can study later in life. but i was diagnosed it in the age of 23.

and i know which movie your talking about it was an indian movie right? name must be "Taare zameen par" in English translation its name is "stars on ground"

and by the way what kind of difficulties you've been gone through related to studies? i mean if you have passed your school and got into university then i dont think your a dyslexic because a dyslexic person can't even pass a class in school

my past is full of failures. i always failed in every class of my school and then later continued to fail in everything related to study

• Hell no lol. Easy

• coming from the guy who is getting his degree in engineering..

• @howzit2015 Not sure if you are serious right now lmfao

• Dude, I got my honours in biochemistry, and the classes I took for chemistry were the same ones engineers had to take. They were incapable of meeting the most basic class requirements, and many teachers even remarked that they saw the majority engineers in their class were usually at the lower end of the class average. Leading many to postulate that their major was a much more palatable experience than many other majors in the university.

• It can be for some. Ex. I love math, but hate English.

• It's women science.

• Why do people look down on women?

• Don't know it's not as lucrative as engineering though and if you have either what it's worth really matters more than how hard it was to get.

What Girls Said 7

• Well it sure can be hard.. it depends if you're interested in it or not

• It can be, its got heavy biology and needs both numbers and decent understanding.
    I've got a bsc in it and i found it easy because it was my passion but some topics are really hard.

• Is it a lot of studying? As in you have to put in 1-2 hours per day?

• I don't study, never have in my entire life. But i see people putting in a few a day.

• From what I hear yeah

• I heard it's a hard degree.

• no its not

• A bs in psychology will be easy

• Not for me it was not i loved my psychology course and have a degree in it so i know what i'm talking about.