I am ashamed of myself how do I get over it?

I am mad at myself.

I should have tried harder with school. I graduated but I can't stop thinking about it. I had my reasons for doing badly (anxiety mainly) but still.

It's affected me to the point where I'm staying away from people. Not talking to anyone. Fear they'll look down on me. Probably already do in all honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing first is Be happy you graduated and not behind.
    Before you either go to college or work in your career I'd say enjoy yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. Life is short. Try to enjoy it

Most Helpful Girl

• Focus on doing well at work or during the next phase of school if you go to college or get a certificate or whatever. You can always make those improvements.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I'm feeling the same way rn but those things can't be changed, so put your effort into things that will make your future better.

• You have to learn not to care what others think about you. Why the fuck would you need their recognition? You did what was good at the time and you did all that you could have. You shouldn't need to be validated by others and you honestly shouldn't have to give such value to what others think about you. You're living for yourself, not for them.

• I went through the same thing. I didn't try hard in school, and blamed myself. But you should know there isn't only one road to success, or where you want to go in life. You shouldn't be TOO hard on yourself. There's always a way to fix mistakes.