If you have a hobby, how much money do you tend to spend on it?

Do you spend a lot of money on your hobby? do you buy things for it daily, monthly, etc?

Most Helpful Girl

• Um motorbike/dirt bike riding? I don't need to spend much on both. I already have the two and spend most of my money on putting gas in them. I haven't really rode much in winter. So $50 would last me a while (a couple of months) Dirt bike barely takes anything and I only ride that when I'm up in the country.
    During summer is a different story lol roughly $100 monthly

Bows and arrows? Um my recurve bow was around $200, 6 arrows cost $10 each. I don't really need to replace my bow but I often lose or the nock on the arrow falls off and those need replacing. I either buy new arrows or ask my mate to glue them with hide glue lol so that can be a doozey.

Camera? I have a Nikon. It came as a starter kit and cost $800. I brought a 64gb card for it to, that cost me $60.00. I don't need to spend much on that but charge the battery whenever I need to use it.

Baking/cooling untensils? Um I usually spend a $300 monthly. I like going to IKEA and splurging lol plus it's nice to own decorate things for my house. Makes it look pretty and everything I need, I have.

Nail polishes/stickers? $100 monthly. I buy my polishes online from a lady

• haha so many hobbies :D :P

• Novels? I borrows from the library. That cost me $5.00 (when the books are overdue)

Music? I usually download that off the laptop haha to which I burn onto a cd or sync it to my phone!

HAHA I know 🙈 But eh you know

• Thanks for MH toto manoto :D

Most Helpful Guy

• $31 per week (or a little less). I'm a railfan. I record videos of trains and sometimes buses. I buy a weekly unlimited MetroCard in NYC which I use to ride bus and subway as much as I want.

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm, I guess gaming is my main hobby and I actually don't spend that much on it. I get most of my games on Steam and usually wait until the sales to buy them and even then I'm usually sharing any games I buy with my boyfriend or/and his brother so the price can be halved or split into thirds to make things even cheaper. I have spent at least a couple of hundreds of pounds on gaming, I know that, though I'm not exactly sure how much and seeing as everything is usually split (unless it's something I really love and want my own copy of it so I don't have to share).

• depends on the hobby. for example, with painting, ill spend about $50 on supplies, but i paint once every 2 months maybe.
    another i have is hiking, but i only spend money on travel and food pretty much.
    then i have reading, which will either be a free download, a purchase of $15-30, or part of a redeemed amazon gift card lol.

to name a few.

• Hiking and camping and yeah I spend a fuck tonne of money on gear haha

I also spend about 800 a year in soccer fees but at least the gear is cheap and generally doesn't need replacing very often.

• Reading is one of my main hobbies and I've spent my last dollar on a book before. And would do it again lol

• Reading is my main hobby, and that's free since I get books from the public library. :P

• A few thousand dollars every year... a few hundred monthly. I'm not saying what it is.

• Mainly

*Lap pool swimming
    *Hiking, trekking, technical o/s mountain summit climbs
    *Cross country skiing
    *Surfing

All are totally affordable = I don't discuss money.

• I try to do it as free as possible. :D

• I spent a shit ton of money on my Nikon, but now I have it and it barely costs me anything. I maintain a vsco and social media accounts. Taking it with me costs nothing. That's what I love about photography

• Yes I spend lot of money, but not on daily basis. As and when ( at least once or twice a month) I go to bookshops, I buy.

• Well not very little cuz I like to paint and I need canvas and paint and shit I also like to play piano so I need music but that's not as much money

• Until I'm broke #TrueStory

• Around 20 euros a month or so.

• My hobby is photography and i spent a bit in the beginning, a little over a grand, to get the camera body, some starter lenses and other bits. haven't spent any on it since then but am looking to upgrade some lenses in the future, so were talking a couple grand.
    But my hobby has also brought in a bit of money, so its paying for itself which is nice :P

What Guys Said 12

• No special hobby but collecting news from all over the world. A news junky thus.
    Two internet landline connection subscriptions at ca $25/month each.
    a cell phone internet connection (and tethering) is way more expensive here for the volume I use.

• i play video games. so a comp was like 3500 a few years ago so i guess I don't know thirty five a month.

• I pay an annual volleyball club membership of about $70 and $60-$75 over the course of three months to play on a team.

• Nope my hobbies are largely free, or inexpensive most of the time.

• Whats your biggest hobby?

• Hmm that's a tough one, probably martial arts.

• Though even the ones that do cost money it isn't a big deal because I'm great at managing it and getting the most for it as growing up with very little taught me how to do stuff and have fun without money and know the value of a dollar.

• Nothing. I'm practically fucking poor. But if I was able to throw money at my hobby of gaming? I don't know.. as much as I'm able.

• gaming... it varies a lot. but it's not as much anymore as it used to be

• Millions of dollars on my hooker hobby.

• given that i have already a house and a car i would spend the majority of my money on it.

• how much would you estimate? and what hobby is it?

• i want to have my own machine shop for various reasons. like a lathe, a milling machine, a welding machine, tools, an anvil and stuff like that. a used milling machine and lathe cost a 1000 to 5000 euros each if you buy them second hand, 100.000 if you buy them brand new but thats not necessary, after revising second hand ones they are as good as new ones. a welding machine costs maybe 1000 to 3000 euros new. but all these machines will only need to be bought once, they will last a life time. i can make a return of investment easily by using these machines and making stuff for people like design chairs and tables, gates for their drive ways. people pay good money for that.

• $10.

• Rc cars: $30-35 to build.

• Learning to kite board. Provably $2k in equipment and lessons when I'm done.

• M:TG is an expensive hobby. Few hundred every few months.