Would you ever want to control karma?

Sometimes I wish I could control what happens to other people. The thought of being able to make what people feel what I felt when they hurt me is always a good, but fleeting, one. I know it's wrong and I should let go of my anger but I get so upset thinking about how people have treated them when I gave them nothing but kindness.

If you had the chance would you control karma?

Most Helpful Guy

• Karma needs a boost. I'd give it to deserving people and shit on the bad people. I. E. Donald Trump. I'd have him lose the presidency in a horrible fashion. Like he's the head of a kiddy porn ring. And he still owns slaves. And he killed his mother for more money

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it.
    There's this guy I was friends with in middle school, who I liked for 6 years. After I told him about 1 yr in, he started ignoring me/avoiding me, basically never gave me the time of day again.
    Fast forward to about a year ago; the day I moved into my dorm room for my 3rd yr of college, I saw he'd sent me a friend request. Curious, I accepted it and we started talking through messenger; he started flirting with me and he even randomly sent me a music video for a love song. He told me how we need to get together so we can hang out and catch up, reminisce about old times and all that (kissy face emoji included). I said yeah, totally, over Christmas Break? Christmas Break came. He messaged me on Christmas day asking if I was free some time that week. I lied and told him no, then told him I couldn't meet the week after that either b/c I was going back to school (I really wasn't going back for another 2 weeks). So he said, "ok, hit me up when you're home for the summer." I said "Ok! :)"
    Summer Break's almost over. I haven't "hit him up", and I don't intend to. The tables turned; so now he'll know how it feels to be ignored by someone he likes.
    Okay, so maybe that's not the best case of "controlling Karma"; more like me also just plain not trusting his intentions; why the interest now after all this time? Can he not get anyone now, then remembered how much I used to like him so he decided to see of that was still the case? I don't know. It's petty, but it feels good. It's very rare when you get to give somebody a taste of their own medicine.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, of course you can control but only your own karma, you can only control your actions, your deeds. You can never control someone else's feelings, you can make someone feel something in a way you want.

• I might like to encourage it some times but not control it

• No. Because if you control Kharma, and effect 'payback' to someone for something you view as just... Then you take on THAT kharma on yourself. Kharma is a system that works, just remember it's not meant to work in your time frame, and you have your own kharma to work with.

• I would like to be able to control my own karma.
    I must have done some really bad things during my previous life.

• No... because that would lead to bad karma for me.

• Why wouldn't you lol.

• that's like lighting a candle to see how people look like in the darkness, you wouldn't be neutral in this process anymore if you had a bad attitude for that.

• I don't need magic powers. I'm Dr. Krieger.

• Nope. Too much responsibility.

• Karma owes me a hell of a lot, it's impossible for me to believe in it.

• What you're describing sounds more like revenge instead of karma.

• karma doesn't exist.

• Yes i would love to control karma.

• Well technically thats not Karma.

What Girls Said 5

• No that defeats the purpose.

• Good deeds everywhere I go for the rest of my life.

• Just to be fair, I'd love to control karma in the way that people who have done me wrong can experience and feel the same way I did.

• Karma works without anyone's control.

• Control it, no. I definitely believe in it, and just when I sometimes think it's not going to come through, it really does. In the case of someone who tried to get me fired for their own wrong doings, it might have taken 2 years for karma to happen, but when it did... OHhhhhhhhhh, it made me feel like everything in the universe was right again.