When you listen to your country's national anthem, does it give you goosebumps or feeling to patriotism?

Nothing nationalist here... its just the feeling of belonging to the land and the culture and the feeling of patriotism.

• Yes it does
  • No it does not. doesn't matter at all
  • Well, sometimes.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• I'm a black American, and yes it does emotionally stir me up in a positive way (in varying degrees).

At school it does slightly, but it really hits me before a sporting event that I'm waiting to watch!

• Sporting event! Exactly. Its the time I am almost crying during national anthem. haha. Does this have to do anything with being black american?

• I don't think so at all, I just like to state my ethnicity on these types of questions 👌

• Ah you mean you love America like every other American!!!

• I'm not a patriot, nor have I ever been. I don't feel any bond with the artificial borders I was born within. B.

• Your opinion :)

• Samuel Johnson wrote: "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."
      Ambrose Bierce answered: "I disagree, I consider it to be the first refuge of the scoundrel."

• @jacquesvol He can write whatever he believes. It does not have to be fact for everyone.

• That's the defining point of Nationalism.

• I am sorry, I do not agree. I am not enforcing my countrys' culture or traditions on anyone here. I like it for myself. Please check the difference between Patriotism and Nationalism.

• How many people did HE kill with his hands or his men? Nationalism with moral philosophy is defines patriotism. Indian nationalism is far beyond the nationalism of violent countries.
      Dude! do you even know anything about life of gandhi? or anything about the spirituality surrounding the independence movement of my nation? (Its something beyond a single web page)

• I do actually. Nationalism isn't always evil. A man's worth lies in his deeds not his philosophies.

• It did when I was a kid but now I'm disillusioned

• Why so?

• Right, if the country had a long history and more self-sustained culture then I can see why it would be an emotional thing regardless of whether or not you support the government. But the US doesn't really have a very interesting history lol. Where are you from?

• Yes I am more attached to the teachings of non-violence, spirituality and tolerance. You can guess my country :P

The soft powers of my country as yoga, spirituality, Natural medicine, Bollywood, colors and festivals :)

• Always. Goosebumps only happen to those from inferior nations that are awed at the greatness that is the US of A!

• I have seen that effect on immigrants!!

• God Save the Queen is a wonderful national anthem but I can't say it gives me goosebumps.

• not really... God Save the Queen is a nice melody, but i don't really care about he monarchy.

• Neither would I care about monarchy.

• I am a nationalist guy normally, and yea it does give me goosebumps and make me feel proudful. I think people Who doesn't care about their nation & national Anthems are such traitors to their country.

• Would you call yourself a nationalist or patriot?

• Hehe where are you from btw? :D Well its both, I have problem with their politics and people. I know not all people are racist but when u see too much u just become one.

• I am north Indian. When you read a lot of news and look into false media then you become a nationalist and a racist.

• No. Nothing.

• Very rarely.

• sometimes it does

• And what kind of feelings come to your mind?

• I have dated Pakistani guys!! No issues xD xD

• oh okay haha :D

• not at all xD but i´m german so big surprise... ^^

• Whats the problem if you are German?

• lucky me, i guess xD

• You doubt ;)

• My ears close themselves till the music ends. A reflex.

What Girls Said 0