Why do you not believe in God?

Most Helpful Guy

• Which one? Here, pick your choice:

http://i.imgur.com/i4rSGOo.jpg

(click two times)
    (that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

Why I don't believe? Why don't you believe in the Easter bunny or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

• Dude... what if it's one going around trolling various areas of the planet? :v
      Nah I'm just trolling at this point. But you have to wonder sometimes.

• This site: http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/

It explains this theory of oneness very well. If you get the chance, do read it. But like I believe, everything is just a theory WHETHER god exists or not.

@NotTheFBI
      If there's a god, he just trolled Italy: 21 deaths in an earthquake this night.
      😠

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? There is no evidence of god at all. Science excists and has proven more than any religion ever could. I will be a believer when amazing and wonderful things start happening instead of all this violence, chaos and stupidity. if there were a god who loved everyone would (some) gay people be treated badly by family and strangers? Would wars be started? Would women be "punished" for simply being women? Would violence excist? Sorry there IS NO GOD and Im tired of people trying to throw god in my face when I say otherwise. Just because a book was written does not prove squat. Anyone can write a book and claim it happened. A talking snake? Yeah sure... Now if you claim that you saw a talking snake or "god told me to do it" you would be thrown in jail or the nuthouse.

• Books are not written by God. Moreover, religion is not equal to God either. We can't even attach ourselves with the term 'God' because it's very limiting. Moreover, I have used the term 'god' loosely here. Scientists have not discarded the idea of oneness that exists in this universe, and spirituality believes in that oneness. People's limited perspective regarding something is not equal to God. If I talk about it in spiritual sense, then universe doesn't care if you are straight, gay or whatever. Wars are started simply because of lack of wisdom of people. If God was an authoritative figure, no war, no bad thing would have happened. But since nothing like that exists, you can't blame anything else but humans for every bad thing that happened. But karma works on the law of cause and effect so what you sow so shall you reap.

What Guys Said 26

• How else could one attribute such a high level of order emanating from undiluted chaos? And this just for starters.

• because there is not the slightest proof for it and I'm very logically driven.

yes, science doesn't know everything but right now, it's just much more likely that there is no God and I won't hold onto something which I know probably doesn't exist.

• There's not slightest proof that it doesn't exist. There just some theories. I think that if we are logical, we should cling to an idea (regarding its existence or non-existence)

• Yes, there is no proof against it either but in that case I'll choose whatever sounds more logical to me and which is likelier looking at what we know right now.
      I simply CAN'T believe in something of which is 0 proof and which doesn't correlate with what science is teaching us, it's not how my brain works.

Do I believe in extraterrestrial life even thought there is no proof either? Yes, because many things are pointing at it and just going by what we know right now, the mathematical probability is almost 100% that there is life out there in some form. But if we talk about God, that's not the case, and that's why I can't believe in it.

• Because there is no reason to. Why do you not believe I am 50 feet tall and made out of solid gold? You would believe it if you saw me, and I was in fact 50 feet tall and made out of solid gold, right?

• But we can't see gravity, and yet we believe that it's very much there, right?

• @hope96

Your sort of "Universal Being" than underlies everything is well explored in this blog, which I think you will enjoy. I disagree with it, because I think it posits a God unnecessarily.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...the-21_b_822776.html

• its a point of view God created us in order to live a nice decent life and to obey GOD and to pray for GOD , some obstacles were placed in our path in life such as what u call evil , in order to test our faithfulness to GOD , at the same time God told us how to protect our selves from all the evil and told us if we succeeded in doing so we will be granted heaven like when u tell ure child if u studied and succeeded ill buy u a present .
      so my answer is God is able but not willing coz u got to work hard ( be nice , pray , save innocent people , do not insult...) inorder to gain heaven , this is from my poor point of view coz iam not an expert in convincing people iam just a guy that was able to believe in GOD then Islam

• Because people often attribute human qualities like intent and judgment to something way beyond our understanding and I think that's childish, stupid and kind of arrogant. I believe in something but nothing along the lines of holy scripture which is just fairy tales at the end of the day.

• I am a spiritual person, so I believe that there is an energy (you may call it anything) but I don't think there's some old man with white beard sitting in heaven.

• I know it's more than relaxation, it's the snobbery when you get beyond that I didn't like- what's you and what's the experience and where the lines blur and are supposed to blur or not. That's why I just used it for relaxation purposes.

• I see. I can tell you one thing with guarantee. Anything that's remotely snobbish is not true meditation. Maybe they sit daily, concentrate well and do everything that a good meditation should have, but the highest levels of meditation discard all the snobbery. Rest, you can stick with whatever you like. :) No worries.

• Hmm.. I don't know whether I believe or not believe in a god/multiple gods.
    I mean, I personally don't think there is a god in the sky, having the future of the world in his/her hands.
    Almost all religions (I think) originally spoke of some great thing, which connected everything and which exists in everything. I think such a thing could be true.

• Scient is trying to understand the oneness that exists in the universe. I believe in that, too but not in God as per religious sense.

• scientists are*

• Hmm I'll just sit back and enjoy this one... still undecided... but slightly wavering to the 'I believe' part after my own personal research... but who knows... it could still go either way. there's some things in that book that made me go; 'WTF nah no way that happened'.

• Which book?

• You know... that babel... no... no... um bibble... wait wait I got it... Bible.

• Oh. I don't delve into religious aspects of God, but there are certain things in spirituality that science has not discarded. So, let's see it can be proved. (Though if I talk from spiritual sense, it's impossible to prove something as big as that from our limited perspective)

• I'm too logically driven.

• I don't not believe in God.

• out of curiosity what do u believe in is it the evolution theory?

• @koksss what do you mean? I used a double negative... sort of. I DO believe in God. She asked "why do you not believe..." I replied that I DON'T not believe. I was attempting to be funny.

• ooooops sorry for that

• When he pops round for tea i'll believe in him xD.

• 'HE' does not exist in tangible sense, I guess.

• Nope he doesn't, and since i only have one 80-90 year life i choose to deal with the tangible.

• Haha that makes sense. I think it's all about curiosity to leave behind tangibility and try to understand the intangible.

• I believe in Christ and good and bad energy

• Steven Hawkings disproved the need for a higher power. Aside from that, I am anti-religion because of how toxic and harmful it is to our society.

• Because almost every atheists have issues and they take it out by bashing religion, and because they think it makes them look "smart"

• 'Bashing' anything without concrete evidences, be it science, religion or spirituality, is stupidity.

• i do

• He doesn't believe in me.
    *Muffled Paint it Black in the distance*

• I do believe in God

• I know there's a god

• It's good you have so much faith. :)

• I see. I am not into religions, but I believe that it's impossible to limit God to some name, rituals or anything humanly possible.

• because monotheism sucks.

• But even science has not discarded the idea of oneness that exists in this universe.

• I don't think god is authoritative figure. Authoritative figure limits that figure into something which is limited. I think that when you were created, that freedom was given to you to accept or reject something.

• if he is not an authority figure why does he have books with rules written in his name? like for example the 10 commandments? that makes no sense. people consider him an authority figure and thats what think is wrong.

• I do, Im the light in the darkness.

• cause it makes sense
    cause all alternatives are very silly, not logical
    cause there is materialistic proof

• Can I know what is the materialistic proof, and how is it not logical?

• I think it's not 'logical' to mock anything. Neither has science been able to prove anything as fact nor spirituality/religion is able to prove anything yet. So I guess we are on our own to decide.

• i like your honesty with yourself :D

• I'm don't believe god.

• I believe in God but I'm not very religious.

• Believing in higher power doesn't always mean believing in a religion, though :)

• Thats true but religion led me to believe in god 😉

• He is an a-hole thats why.

• I believe

• Long story

• I believe in one God. :)

• i do and i always will

What Girls Said 12

• Because believing in fairy-tales that tell about how people were created out of nothing, completely sidestepping things such as evolution which we have evidence and plenty of proof for, give me no benefit. I don't need to listen to fairy-tales as my sole reason to act like a civilized, generally good-natured individual.

• But how did humans emerge on Earth, then?

• It more than likely got onto earth from space debris that passed through the atmosphere as we've already found many specimens of other kinds of cells that you could classify as 'signs of life'. But obviously the version from various religious texts is much more fancy, novel-like and easy to understand so many prefer to believe that one.

• I am not into religion. I believe in spirituality. But again, we can always wonder from where did space debris come from.

• I find the notion of the fallaciously labelled omni-everything deity to be quite asinine and downright ridiculous.
    That said, the primary reason for not believing in God is the lack of evidence for its supposed existence. I apply the same epistemological methodology to figure out the truth of anything (to view the evidence and accept it if it makes sense), but there is nothing to work on concerning the idea of God, ergo I reject it.

• So you don't believe that there's some energy in universe which is at work (Here I am not using the word 'God' but simply, energy)

• I’m assuming you’re not utilising the traditional physics meaning of ‘energy’ (the capacity to do work) in this context.
      What exactly do you mean by this ‘energy’? What are its properties? What are its effects on this universe? How do you know it exists?

• If you are interested in knowing more how we are all connected with this universe and with each creature, you should check out: http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/

There are point of views of many people like Carl Sagan (Astrophysicist), Nassim Haramein (Director of Research at the Hawaii Institute for Unified Physics) Jill Bolte Taylor (brain scientist) on this site regarding the oneness of the universe. It's an interesting read. I don't think science has debunked what spirituality (not religion) believes in. Rather, they are trying to understand.

• Define "god" and I'll answer if I believe or not.

If it's in a theist sense, definitely not.
    If it's in a deist sense, eh. Not very likely in my opinion.

I'm apatheist agnostic, I don't know and honestly don't care if a god exists or not. I'm open to the idea provided there was proof, but alas. I'm still apatheist and I'd likely not care.

• Was never raised to, I was allowed to follow my own path whichever direction it took me. Never was pressured to believe or follow a religion.

• But God is not exactly equal to religion. I have used the term 'god' loosely. Do you believe that there is some connection that exists in this universe and you?

• Perhaps a higher power but doesn't mean god. (to me)

• I have no reason to.

• Do you have any reason to 'not' believe in God?

• Right. :) So since there's no reason to either believe in God or not to believe in God, we are free to decide which side to take.

• because i wanna

• I do not believe in some super human who keeps a tab on entire universe and beyond that and changes the natures laws according to his defined rules of good and bad and hell and heaven. I do believe in nature and power beyond human beings but not willing to call him god. Maybe call him/her nature? or energy?

• Right. I do believe in energy. I think if someone wants to use the term 'God' for energy, it's cool, but I don't believe that there's a human-looking creature who keeps a tab on us.

• I certainly believe so. :) Makers are dangerous.

• No more comments :D Makers are around xD xD xD xD

• Because I just don't. God, to me, is on the same level as Santa or the Easter bunny.

• And what about some higher power in terms of universe and oneness? Scientists are still searching for it, as it's likely that all of us are connected.

• there's no way God can exist*

• To be honest, I don't believe in the label 'God' because I think that attaching any label to it will make it very limited.

• Because there is no need to if you look at the universe.

• I do believe in God

• There is a God, but I'm not someone that needs God every day.

• Because there's no evidence, we can explain so much with science. God is just a "God of the gaps" and the gaps are being filled in all the time. Living your live believing in prophets and talking snakes is thoroughly idiotic, you can't believe that stuff and not be a complete moron.

• I think you are getting into religious aspects of 'God'. If I talk spiritually, it believes that there's some energy which connects the entire universe with us. That energy has no shape, form or name. It just exists. Can you debunk that theory, too?