Is it just me, or is there a unique appeal about 'Southern Belles'?

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't tell but I've noticed that I really have a thing for the Louisiana dialect so that's a good start I suppose? ;P

What Girls Said 14

• I don't understand the hype. I went to school with a bunch of them, pledged the same sorority. They take care of themselves, but most are more concerned with fortune-hunting, their nails, their gossip, and their little debutante balls than with being interesting people of character, intellect, or curiosity for anything outside their small worlds. They end up being boring and I also hear they can't lay for shit in bed. Obviously a select few are interesting, but that's a minority. They also tend to cake their makeup on to the point of being unrecognizable when it washes off. Or they're flat out snobs. Honest view, here

• I just love the accents :p

• The ones I'm talking about have little to no accents. They're the snobs. The worst of the worst. The accent-having ones tend to be more blue collar and sincere... but still.

• Maybe i have been lucky, but always had a ball with them

But, have anywhere I have been in the States

• I'm from TN and Im no Southern Belle for sure!! A hillbilly yes a redneck yes but not a bell. Those are the women that spend more in what most people make on their clothing. Plus the snotty attitudes, zero manners and that fake debutante accent.

• Maybe to some people. I'm sure some are quite nice, but they don't have any extra appeal to me. :P

• <----lives in the south

I will never be a southern belle and you can't make me! :P

• Yes there is LOL

• I feel like people from the south are just different in general. We're more talkative and a lot of people have a really good sense of humor, we're more down to earth. Those are the good parts I guess but there's way more bad here than good, in my opinion lol

• I love the South, every time I visit the States have the best fun there. And you are right, Southern people are naturally welcoming

• Meh, it's all about how you feel. I used to think that 30 was old but now that i'm almost 30, it doesn't feel so old anymore, I feel like i'm 17 still sometimes lol

Plus you're a man, so you'll have the sexy older guy thing going for you.

• I actually get this a loy, it seems like us 'oldies' are in fashion with women. I am forever getting attention from yhounger women- not that this is a bad thing :p

You are right, i feel old at present, but, usually peter pan-ish

• Thank you... I am Southern Belle from the great state of Mississippi.

• I live in the south and I haven't seen evidence of any southern belles

• Good morning I am a little bit of a new one and the other day and I will be a good time to get the same as the one I have a great day and time for a while and then delete it

• I do not know. I know I'm not a Southern Belle. Neither been a proper girl lol

• I've lived in Texas all my life and I don't really know what the definition of a southern belle is?

• Ew. The accents and 'y'all's' make me cringe 😖

• Eh, I don't see it.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• Lmao hell I'm from Alabama and never really got what uniqueness they talk about baha Some of em are like really hot toots anf others are just missing teeth lmao

• Only appeal I see is that they grew up like me.

• I find them extremely annoying...

• No where else in the country can you stop for lunch and have your waitress ask if she can catch a ride with you to go else where... She swear she'll quit her job this minute and pack her bags and be back before you finish your meal.. lol