Is it right or wrong that we are now drafting/conscripting women to fight in the next war. (Please explain your answer)?

I just can't imagine women going through the horrors of war, it would be cruel to put women in a situation/scenario like in the film Saving Private Ryan where soldiers are losing their limbs and body parts on battlefield. Then again women and feminists did ask for equality so its only fair to make them fight I suppose. Although just so you know I dont agree with war anyways but if it does come to it I think its only fair like I said. An girls if you dont know what wars like watch 5 min scene from Saving Private Ryan to have a rough idea what its like.

• Yes! Women are now strong and independent
  • No! (Give reason)

Most Helpful Girl

• If men are forced to endure those horrors then so should women.

• Equal rights... equal treatment.

• Okay? I don't care. If men have to then so should women. I'm not picking and choosing like you think all feminist do. You have to take the good with the bad.

• sorry not you chachaking or what ever lol I meant that other little whiner

Most Helpful Guy

• if women want equal rights, they should have to do it too. why should they get a free card just cuz they have a pussy

• I think this could be MHO for this post...

• ... yeah but women are the gatekeepers to sex reasons why men shouldn't have to pay for unless the woman was raped. think about it? guys asks... woman says yes or no

thats cuz women do the recieving and guys do the giving

What Girls Said 21

• I'm just personally completely against the draft, men or women. Period end of story. However, if it was incredibly necessary, I'd say go for it, if men have to be drafted women should too.
    My biggest issue is if the US did it but other countries didn't. If women became Prisoners of War, that could be incredibly dangerous, as, well, men can't get pregnant if they are sexually assaulted while a POW. Especially if it was fighting a country that had not entirely positive views of women, that could be a really big issue. Also, if it was an entirely male army from an enemy country fighting a multi-sex army of the US, it has to be the question of would that put us at an advantage (are people less likely to shoot a women giving us a leg up or are less men putting us at a disadvantage?) However, if the women can be proven to be just as able as the men, then I don't see why not.

• People probably aren't any less likely to shoot women.

If they are, then it's solely because they want to use the women as sex slaves. Then kill them after.

I stopped believing the "men are naturally inclined to protect women" bullshit when it was revealed that most men want women drafted.

• @mistixs equal rights... equal treatment. You speak like a woman's life is more precious than a man's. You do know men are also raped? Not just women.

• Actually yes a woman's life is more valuable evolutionary speaking.

If you have 9 women and 1 man you can have 9 kids at a time.
      If you have 9 men and 1 woman you can only have 1 kid at a time.

This is the source of "women and children first," etc. Women are more valuable to the repopulation of a society.

And don't tell me we won't have to repopulate; with nuclear weapons it wouldn't surprise me.

And women get pregnant after rape, men don't

• We're not drafting or conscripting anyone currently - not men, or women. We haven't since Vietnam. You have to sign up and be registered, but joining the military is completely voluntary at this point. We have enough people participating.

• Your attitude toward women makes me sad I. So many different ways. Women fought for the privilidge to be drafted. Though I do t foresee a draft coming back anytime soon.

• My attitude? I've just said I dont agree with war and nobody man or woman should be drafted but thats the law now

• You think women are such gentle creatures that have no idea what war actually is. Your basically taking down to 50% of the oopulation like we are children.

• Well they dont know what its like, women are always crying over the smallest things in todays society constantly asking for privileges because its hard for them. Look I just dont think women could withstand that much brutal violence, its bad enough for men never mind women. Am sorry but I just can't imagine women barbarically fighting to the death on a battlefield where its a massacre. This isn't the movies you know where women are kicking ass... a lot of that is to do with feminism and female empowerment.

• lol, I just don't understand what people with your stance really expect women to do. I mean when it comes time for war do we just sit around waiting to be killed and raped. I know you live in this western culture bubble probably but there are wars going on in different places, where women are actually fighting just not to be turned into someone elses sex slave for the rest of their lives. We're very privileged for what we have here but if it came down to defending ourselves or someone we loved then we would have to be freaking stupid to just let shit happen to us simply because we have a pair of boobs.

• Well men are also raped in army but no one speaks about that, especailly femininsts since they tend to focus on their own privileges. Its ok for men to be victimized in war whether its getting injured badly or raped but not of for women like men are nothing and have no value. Am sorry that's the risk soldiers all have in war and should be no different to women. Us men have to face also being captured and put in POW camps we are slaves to enemy and some were raped or some were badly abused. The way the military sorted these issues out were if there was a soldier badly injured (leg blown off) or someone getting raped they usually send them back home.

You either sound like a feminist or literally just another dumb blonde...

• *Asks a question about WOMEN in war.
      *I answer the question about WOMEN in war with an answer that includes the word WOMEN, from a WOMAN's perspective.
      *Calls me a feminist for answering the question about WOMEN in war because I used the word WOMEN.
      *Continues to go on rants that have nothing to do with the question regarding WOMEN in war. Thinks he is filling me with the knowledge of things, that i'm already perfectly aware of.
      *Then proceeds to call me the dumb one...

• According to my Psych of Sexuality textbook from last year, 1% of men are raped in the military in comparson to 25% of women.

And in the case of being captured, women are at greater risk than men due to lesser brute strength and thus lesser ability to protect oneself when their weapons are stripped from them, being forcibly impregnated (and, by the way, childbirth has comparable PTSD rates to war) and forced to give birth to the babies of the enemy. That benefits the enemy because they're able to make their army stronger by having the chance to produce more children.

• Women shouldn't be drafted, sorrynotsorry. Groups of men performed better than the groups of women, this was proven.

"All-male units were faster, more lethal, and able to evacuate casualties in less time than women. Also all-male squads performed better than mixed groups in 69% of the tasks evaluated. All-male squads, the study found, performed better than mixed gender units across the board. The males were more accurate hitting targets, faster at climbing over obstacles, and better the avoiding injuries."

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the more competent group defending the country I live in.

• Its been scientifically proven men are better than women in workforce and high status jobs but women are still working with equality lol There's no excuse sweetheart, equal rights... equal treatment.

• Apparently I did some research saying military were going to use feminists in combat as human shields lol

• DEAD OMFG XDDD I'd follow you if I could

• I never supported the equal rights movement or the feminist movement. I don't think women are suited for combat or any other military service beyond perhaps being nurses in military hospitals.

• You a traditional woman?

• @Red_Arrow Well no its not to say they're not good enough but men are better at it because we are biologically more driven for the job, whereas women are at disadvantages. Anything that's better than something should be paid more, its just basic mathematics.

• You actually think a person should have a place in society based off of their gender? That seems so limiting to not only women but men also.

• I'm not against women being drafted off to war, but what about the young adults living in Israel. They force them to participate in the army, girl or boy. All my cousins served in the military and if I lived in Israel I would too. However, for America I'm not so sure I want to fight for a shitty ass president, his kids can do that.

Disagree or agree. Don't really give a shit.

• I am of the opinion that no one should be drafted, and luckily in modern times in this country there are enough military volunteers that the draft isn't necessary. Modern warfare is not like was in the past. I would cite this video for further explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDNyU1TQUXg

Say what you like about how men or women are, but anyone who goes to war these days is at risk for major psychological trauma. There's a reason so many homeless people are war vets. It will screw you up no matter what shape your genitals take.

• No, not all women wanted "equality", nor did all feminists. Some feminists since the conception of feminism actually argued that women shouldn't even be allowed in the military. I give sources here. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a29699-both-anti-feminists-many-feminists-are-wrong-about-whether-feminism

• Look at you trying to weasel your way out of it lol

• @Anotherdumbblonde have I upset you sweetheart?

• Jerks don't upset me. I'm very much used to them at this point, men like you are everywhere, you're nothing special lol

• I mean, men do it all the time. I think I can handle it, but I'm not joining the Army. If I join a branch I'm going into the Navy, but my coach lost his older brother in the military and I refuse to put him through losing a second person in the military.

• Women who joined will fight. thats the decision they made. Is it dumb yea, women cost the military more money then the men. Its only going to financially hurt us.

• Exactly. Dealing with menstrual cycles, pregnancies, etc. Even if you put the women on contraceptives that's still costing much more money than if you had simply taken a man.

• @mistixs womwn suffer from more medical issuea then men and have to be mesically discharged triple the amount that men do. Women will come back from mentally ill. if your women are sick your nation is sick

• If they want to die, let them die.

• The draft, in and of itself, is wrong. All military involvement is wrong. I don't care what genitalia you have, drafting people against their will to be sent overseas to murder and be murdered is wrong.

• I dont think we should be drafting anyone. Most people are not built for war

• I don't know why women shouldn't go to war. can you give me a good reason?

• "An girls if you dont know what wars like watch 5 min scene from Saving Private Ryan"

Wow just.. wow.

• Eh? What have I said wrong now?

• Whats wrong with that?

• Its a womans choice if she wants to do that. They took into context the fact they maybe killed, raped or hurt really badly. I doubt they are thinking it is sunshine and rainbows.

• You do know conscription means you have no choice... so you'll be drafted also lol

• 1. There's a lot more to war than being on the front lines, for one thing.

2. Women have been involved in war since the dawn of time. Think about the danger and carnage nurses encounter, for instance.

3. We've been lucky in the US that the war hadn't been at our doorstep in a long time. As the saying goes "War is Hell" ... The women throughout history who were being brutally raped by co querying soldiers, or having their villages burned, or being starved in a siege, or being tortured for info would probably have loved some martial training.

• I don't think they should lower the physical requirements for women if they're going to be in combat. But if a woman wants to and is able to keep up with her fellow soldiers, by all means let her.

I don't object to women being included in the draft, but if they don't meet the physical standards then maybe they could fill other positions in the military.

• I'm completely against it. Some women are feminist but not all, why should the rest of us be punished for that?
    Women in general are more caring and emotional, to put them through something like that would be torture. Not to mention what the enemies would do if they captured a woman, this whole thing makes me sick.

• My idea of "equality" is being treated with the same respect. I wish nothing happened to those men either! It all makes me sick! But I can't stop war. I personally want to be a stay at home mom one day and I believe in the traditional way of things such as, a woman taking care of the house and kids, taking care and loving her husband, a man providing for his family, etc... But I know not everyone agrees with me, and I think everyone should have the CHOICE. If women WANT to go in the army then they should be able to if they don't they shouldn't be forced to, same goes for men. Nobody should be forced. Equality should be having the same opportunity and choice. And I believe in individuality, just because a few feminist do things, does not mean that the rest should be punished for those things. Same goes for people who say that ALL gays, ALL Christians, when they really mean a small group. You seem to hate women and think that all women have no respect for men. But that's wrong.

• "It's either patriarchy or equality" why not matriarchy? Why aren't we allowed to advocate for matriarchy? Itd put an end to wars to begin with.

• We shouldn't be drafting anyone period. Where is this article on the subject anyway?

• I read quite a few sources online and it's appeared on broadcast news recently

• Its not easy for any of us, women demanded equality... women get equal treatment. Your speaking like women are more precious and valuable than men when its us men that's further advanced civilization to what it is today. Count your self lucky your a woman in this society where men are looked at as disposable utilities

• "Men who furthered civilization to what it is today"

Guess who risked their lives giving birth to the men? Women.

What Guys Said 35

• It's the right thing to do: war is hell for everyone who's not a psycho and women shouldn't have it easier, equal rights, equal responsibilities.

• Should elderly people have to sign up for the draft in order to get equal rights? (Don't say old men already did, some men arrived in the US when they were older than drafting age.)

• @mistixs

What "studies" would claim only 3% of men don't meet combat standards? Seriously more than 3% of young men are obese, just to start. And even if women were really not capable of combat roles they should be drafted for non-combat roles and manufacturing. by the way with older men who immigrated the idea is that they were already drafted and received an education in their home country.

• There is no draft in many countries. So if saving time isn't an excuse for excluding women then it shouldn't be for older men.

Anyway, it's 3% of men currently in the military, my apologies for not being specific. So probably a higher number of men outside the military, but that means that the number of women incapable of combat roles is also higher than 86%.

• It's right women have all the rights and responsibilities in society. If one of them is the draft so be it.

I don't think there should be a draft and thankfully I live in a country where there isn't one. If there was I'd absolutely expect women to take part. In exactly the same way the men do. Discrimination in any way is wrong.

• It was announced in UK that women will be drafted alongside us men. We will be drafted because we are not EU anymore since Brexit won

• Sigh.

Some old people never had to sign up for the draft because they arrived in the us later than drafting age

• @mistixs Laws on how you deal with immigration aren't linked to how you deal with equality of the sexes in your country. I'm sure "old people" come in both genders last time I checked so as long as the rules remain consistent the principle stands.

• They wanted equality. They got it.

• Yes. Women wanted it, so they got it. (Equality, I mean.)

They have to take the good with the bad. Equality is not a mix-n-match buffet.

• women want equality and this is part of that

• Women in combat units out in the field will be a mess. The sex, the drama, the discontent in the unit. Bad idea mixing sex with combat units. Bad idea.

• I kind like the idea of letting other men die and I will build a harem. I would stick to being a rear echelon forever and retire in money.

Still, women can be great fighters and generals. They tend to be more disciplined but are more likely going to stick to their families. Men tend to stick with their brothers more.

• If you build a harem, you have to provide for all those women, you know

• @mistixs there would be less men around and I would have the very long and distinguished career of a supply general moving to real general. All the other glory hounds would die or ended up in a hospital somewhere.

In the worst case that we got our collective asses kicked, I can still claim my work only ship bananas and pineapples and the enemy will continue to hire me for the work.

• I don't like the idea of drafting anyone. But a truly egalitarian society would force both men and women to take up arms to defend the state. Oppose to someone who is a dude. Just make the women meet the same requirements the guys would be forced to meet.

• War is the hell for everyone involved but ever since it's the men, who fought them, women should have the right to fight them too _\_ *TRIGGERED* _/_. (I can sense the hunger of downvoting me on this one ;))
    I don't like wars and I don't like conflicts.
    Women were "participants" in world war 2. They did not actually fight them but they were occupied in industrial places and factories in workforce for war equipment such as the production of bullets for firearms.

Men die or survive with permanent damage as a result of fighting wars.
    Women get widowed or the news of their fallen/wounded man and remain without them to survive on.
    But who can we blame on these events?

I say there should not be wars at all and if wars do break out, everyone should have the right to fight them: Male or female.

• As long as the standards are the same in terms of fitness and strength requirements then screw it, why not put them on the front line. If it becomes apparent that they're a liability, like there's more incidents of them not being up to the task compared to their male colleagues, then it's time to change back to the old ways. Give it a try I say.

• They're FORCEFULLY conscripting people currently? I didn't know they did that besides times like WW2. Surprised they would have any need to force anyone in the current state...

If you mean in terms of allowing women to VOLUNTARILY ENLIST... Whatever, as long as they're not deemed to be a liability I don't see a huge issue.

• Not currently at the moment but its still open for drafting if we have to according to government. there's no draft now because there's nothing major yet.

• Israel drafts women in the military so why not.

• equal rights... equal treatment

• @mistixs Which country is that?
      Israeli women don't serve in combat roles but have the necessary training to do so if required.
      It's a step in the right direction.

• I don't remember, I read it in my psych of sexuality textbook last year

• No.

By default, women are not as capable of combat as men are. You may counter that this is the inevitably product of equality, but my rebuttal is this: I never believed in equality to begin with. The day I'm forced to fight alongside a woman is the day I mutiny.

• This is the dumbest equality victory yet. Most women don't want this "right". It's not a right if it's forced on you.
    Now I have to worry about my sister, cousin and possibly future daughter being drafted thanks to stupid feminists. Next they're gonna fight to allow female circumcision.

• It's not mainly feminists. It's actually mainly men. Look at the poll results.

• @mistixs majority of the things you own is created by men. Without men this planet is doomed. We do all the dangerous job while women working in offices moaning about pay gaps. Women don't deserve equal pay because women are bad investments in workforce.

• @mistixs women are born.. men are made. Men are the productive... women are the consumers. Women are human beings... men are human doers. Women are biologically not capable of leading or even running civilisation, if it was down to women we'd be still living in huts made of wheat

• It's right. Women could be very beneficial in the war. Just use them as human shields on the front lines.

• Send all drama queens in to intimidate our opponents lol

• Then why you blaming women for it

• @mistixs because they demanded it lol it still women's fault

• you can´t just take the cherry off the cake. you take everything or nothing, that´s how i see it. (the cake representing equality here xD)

• If you want to treat the sexes fairly, women have to be registered for a military draft, if it gets reinstated. There's no legal way around it.

• if you think its nor cruel to send men there then thats sexist dude. by the way in the US there has not anyone been drafted since 1973 so i dont see what the fuss is all about.

• I know English isn't your first language but please read my text again because I didn't say that

• Yes it is. Women didn't evolve psychologically nor physically for war in the same way men did.

• @mistixs if you think that men have evolved to withstand modern artillery which was initially designed to destroy infantry then you are wrong. there is nothing to do about shell shock and it messes you up for life.

• Some who wanted equal rights suddenly r trying to get out of the draft by arguing that we shouldn't have one. They aren't thinking about the future.

• Women have always been in war even if not in the front lines. May as well give those who want to murder someone a chance. They're not bad soldiers.

• Why would you put your most reproductively-valuable members of society on the front lines? That's just stupid.

• It's wrong. Women don't belong in combat roles.

• sexist!

• Thats what I mean all women be crying, screaming, traumatized and shivering while all nice guys are comforting them. Just imagine all emotional drama

• Where talking about girls who we go to college and university with as well getting blown to pieces

• I voted no, but not because I am against women participating in drafts, I am against drafts themselves.

• Registering for Selective Service (which is what has been proposed) is NOT the same as a draft.

• I won't let my wife daughter to go on war
    Call me what you wana
    In my culture we sent armies after armies just to defend one if our women
    Not to expose them to rapists aka sildiers

• Yeah like men are not raped or abused but yeah that don't matter because after all men are disposable utilites

• everything bad happen in war
      but i am as a man would go through anything to defend my woman
      guess what , feminists are against this, cause its degrading to women
      give me your mind and walk Barefoot

• You understand the draft brings them into the military, it doesn't make them fight on the front lines.

• there isn't a draft.

• not currently

• Well yeah... when they drafted men it was from all backgrounds. So it will be housewives to gamer girls and students etc. No one gets that free pass, jesus imagine all drama when they start deploying women

• yknow the military has jobs in IT, law, etc. not everyone goes into the infantry. everyone does go through a basic training though.

• I think it's totally wrong. Have you even met women? 80% of them cry at anything. My girlfriend cries when I raise my voice, how on Earth do you expect them to handle gun fire and explosions?

• Cupcakes are equal now. Get that backpack on!

• women aren't any less strong than men.

• There strong and independent when they want to be i assure you lol

• Have you ever left the house?

• More from Guys
    5