Do you hate having to tap at phone and tablet screens?

I just can't get into it. I'm not one of the people in these times who finds it to be so brilliant or helpful. I have always done better using a mouse on a screen. It's still more practical and very easy.

Yesterday I found out I could use a mouse for my Android Tablet and got one, and I am soooooo relieved, you guys have no idea. Having to tap on a screen is a real source of frustration. I really wish I could've had it for the weekend though, to tackle the 86 alerts I got in my GaG inbox. When I have to tap the screen to look at all of them I feel overwhelmed.
It is a total relief to use it now. My frustration is finally over, lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I largely prefer a desktop with a normal 21" or 23" flat screen and a keyboard.
    But I can use my wife's laptop, my tablet and my Samsung phone as well.
    I'm rather good using the phone, except to copy paste links. from Google.
    I hate the shiny surfaces of the touch screens. Impossible to use under the sun.
    That's why I also keep my old $25 little phone with keys and prepaid card.

• That is so much like me! I definitely prefer laptop computers with big screens :-)

What Girls Said 10

• It's easy for me. I guess this is one of the benefits of having small hands and thin fingers. 😅

• Yes it's annoying.

• So why did they invent it? I think a lot of us are more annoyed by it than the creators really though, or care to see anyway.

• I guess because it's hard to add a big screen with a keyboard to it. Plus it would make the phone be more bulky if you have that apart of it.

• i admit that i prefer the mouse and keyboard. it is easier because trying to text and whatnot is slow going. but i manage.

• God, I know it. It is really frustrating trying to tap at everything. It doesn't seem like progress to me, more like being a cave man who doesn't know how to coordinate his fingers.

• Well, fuck. What part of the state?

• @alor1an I was reading about how heroin has been making a pretty bad come back in Florida and New England in the last some years. It is pretty bad, yeah.

• i hate the computeresque keyboard on my android tablet

• Well, that's the part I do like about mine. Mine is an RCA Viking Pro 10 with the keyboard you can attach and unattach. I like that I have that much to at least be close to a real computer. If I didn't have that at all I'd be broken, even with the mouse. I HATE tapping, lol.

• i mean the on screen computeresque keyboard. not the attachable kind. i can type fastest on a keyboard but not on a touchscreen

• Sometimes because my hands are always cold so don't register touch immediately.

• It's more annoying on my phone simply because of the smaller screen. I hardly ever use it for browsing the Internet. I would only use it at work during slow periods.

On the iPad it's not so bad. I prefer to use that, or use my laptop.

• But do you still use a mouse with them? Or you just put up with tapping. I just can't do it anymore, musicbrain.

• @musicbrain5 Last night I read somewhere that for iPads you can use a Bluetooth USB NTO (or something like that?). Google it and see.

• Meh probably. There's all kinds of gadgets out there. I don't have a need for it though.

• I sometimes hate it because the keyboard can sometimes spaz out on you.

• You could also change your GaG setting so you don't get 86 alerts.

• I don't necessarily mind them, and it wouldn't just be GaG that bothers me about having to tap at a screen.

• I actually don't mind at all, I never really even questioned it

• I still have a blackberry-lol. I hate the whole idea of not having buttons on my phone... just doesn't do it for me.

What Guys Said 13

• Lol I felt the same way when I first used a smarphone and a tablet. Now Im used to it and comfortable with touch screens and using a mouse.
    I have to admit that typing is a bit of a pain sometimes cause the screen buttons are so small but you can get a usb keyboard for your tablet, they go for around $30 and are pretty neat.

• Yeah, my RCA Viking Pro 10 comes with the keyboard, and I am so grateful for it. Otherwise I would be broken, even with just the mouse.

• Depends not for all things

For some things touching the screen just works better. But a mouse is defiantly more 'easier' you could say since you dont have to physically move your hand to different spots on the screen to touch it. A mouse is scaled in a way that a 2 inch left will drag across the whole screen if you wish

However by touching you physically have to move the distance plus focus in on what your touching

So yea in that sense I see what you mean

• I actually do that too sometimes , I have an infrared mouse that works great on my laptop and is so much easier than a touch screen

• Have you ever tried those capacitance pens that are like a stylus pen? It least you'll hit the right spot on the touch screen

• No, but that's a good idea for back up.

• yeah, technology is going a little fast for people sometimes, they can't catch up with it sometimes. its people of all ages too.

• So glad to know I'm not the only one. What about YOU though? How do YOU feel about tapping?

• yeah man, thats why i bought a cellphone again with buttons on it.

• I don't blame you. I've even been thinking about it myself.

• it is nice to be able to hit an actual button rather than an on-screen button

• The mouse would be a lot thicker than the phone. Does not make sense carrying that around.

• I Have always had a mouse with my lap top so it's never been an issue with me.

• Yeah.. I hate touchscreens and still buy phones with real physical buttons.

• Cool story

• As a media scientist I can tell you that there are ways to improve the experience of such actions.

• LAPTOPS FOREVER

• I prefer a laptop with mouse and keyboard to a smartphone/tablet. I have a hard time hitting the right spot with my fingers. Typing texts with my finger is cruelsome. At least the swipe input for words improved it somewhat. But there seems to be no much better solutions for small mobile devices.

• Nope. I dont do that