Should I get a motorcycle or a car?

I'm finally out of college, but I'm poor as hell. This is the main reason why I'm looking into buying a motorcycle. I commute to work 1.5+ hours everyday, and I basically have to borrow one of my parents' cars which aren't available 80% of the time.

I know my parents would never ever approve of this, but really, I don't even have the money to afford a used car, and neither do my parents. We can barely afford our rent. I know motorcycles are a lot more dangerous, uncomfortable, and perhaps not as "cool" as an actual car, but I really need something to help me get to work. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use to ride. I would never use my bike for day to day commuting.
    No matter how careful or how defensively you drive some nut won't see you. You're safer in a car.

What Girls Said 4

• Are you kidding me? Motorcycles are cool as hell. I want to own mine and soon I will :)

So I'm kind of bias. But I would say, go for the motorcycle. Its convenient for your situation.

Best of luck

• Hey please dont look cool when u really can't afford it. Buy a motor cycle. Period. Focused on ur job working. Step by step.

• MOTORCYCLE.

then give me a ride on it.

• you basically answered this yourself. get a car.

What Guys Said 4

• Do you have the money for hospital bills or your funeral?

The probability of your death is 27 times higher per mile driven in a motorcycle than a car.

If you have a college degree, are driving a 1 1/2 hour commute, and aren't making enough money to pay rent where you are, let alone closer to your work, then you have made some seriously bad choices in your life.

You might want to step back and check into that job as a shift manager at your neighborhood McDonald's. You might be better off.

You are doing something wrong. Figure out what it is and correct it.

• Economically, I would say the motorcycle. You get a bit more gas mileage than a car. And to think or say that a motorcycle isn't as cool or more so than a car is ridiculous. But seriously, don't worry about looking cool. Worry about making sure your vehicle will get you to and from work with no problems. And as long as you are legally an adult, you can and should make your own decisions. If your parents prefer you to have a car, then have them help pay for one. They may not be happy with it, but until you can raise enough money to buy a car, you don't have much choice. However, I fail to believe that if you can afford a motorcycle, then you couldn't afford to buy a car. Some cars are about the same price as motorcycles (maybe a little more). Keep looking for used ones. Those usually are rather budget friendly for most people. If you have a job, then I'd get a loan for a car and look for one that should last at least a few years if not more.

• Motorcycles can save u tons of gas. But u can't store shit and they are dangerous..

• car so you don't die.