Would you take a semester off of college to travel instead?

I wanted to go to this place but during the colder months

So, would that be a bad idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• I traveled after i finished tbh, i would have found it an unavoidable distraction because going to some of the places i went to, i really didn't want to go back.

What Guys Said 7

• I want to.
    But I'll get a chance to study abroad during college, and I'm sure I could find some time next summer (or the next) to travel.
    I don't have enough money to travel to different places for a whole semester.

Also I'm gonna be a teacher so I'll have plenty of breaks to travel.

• I took a year off to study in another country as a university exchange. The whole thing didn't really give me any credits (it did but my home university didn't recognize them) but that's totally okay because it was still an awesome experience and I learned lots and lots of things, both academically, as well as about myself and life in general.
    If I had the money to travel around for half a year, I would also take another break. Heck, I'm 27 and still at university... who cares whether it'll be 3 more semesters or 4 more semesters.

• Why don't you enroll in a study abroad program?

• It depends on many factors such as money, place, opportunity n so on. Right now, i can take off.

• Yeah I would. Not at this point though. I'm getting older

• If you can afford to miss a semester and you aren't in a hurry to finish your degree or masters

• Doooo it!

What Girls Said 11

• I probably wouldn't; I wouldn't be able to enjoy travelling knowing I have something to do that's important.
    It depends on how you feel, if you're comfortable you should go for it.

• I did study abroad

• Yes I would. After working my ass off to even get into the school I attend, I cracked. Drank and partied like an extra on the scene of Project X. I wish I'd taken some time to work on my issues and reflect a bit on the real meaning of a college experience.

• I would if I could, but I can't.

• If I could afford it then maybe. Been feeling very uninspired as of late.

• Depends on what you wanna do. I'm on a doctor path so I definitely can't but some people can. Do it if you can spare the time

• I would for sure, college will still be there when you come back.

• I'd do it

• I'd get college over with and then travel. because you might get lazy and end up not going back to finish

• i say yes... everyone is concerned about finishing "on time" to what... get a real job. Take the time to travel while you can cause when you get a real job there isn't a 4 month vacation anymore.

• I wouldn't, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't.