If a loved one turned into a zombie would you shoot him/her or let someone else do it?

This actually came out in my dream last week. Some people were getting infected and turning into zombies.

- My mother and I were running
- She found a long, dark tunnel to hide
- She refused to let me come with her, told me to seek help, to call the cops and ran away from me

I sought help and cops arrived shortly but it was too late for my mother. She got scratched or bitten by a zombie, ran but already got infected.

I was with the others and several cops shooting. However, I couldn't shoot my mother. I let someone else do it while watching in sadness.

In my dream I was overwhelmed with guilt for letting her go to that dark tunnel where zombies are likely to find you, even though she decided to.

Thanks goodness it was just a dream but it was intense. If it were real, I still wouldn't be able to shoot my mother. I'll let someone else do it.

• Yes, I'll do it with no hesitation
  • No, I'll let someone else do it

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be no difference if I would do that or someone else, It's still me not being able to save them

• True. They still had to die either way.

What Guys Said 4

• i'll let someone else do it

• I'd put a bullet in my loved one if it came to that.

• I hear you. It takes lots of logic at the moment to do that. In the dream I was ok with shooting others infected but when I saw my mother, I couldn't do it.

• I couldn't live with myself if I chickened out at such a pivotal moment.

• I would keep them in the basement and feed army guys to them.

• I probably will

What Girls Said 1

• Probably be too painful to watch someone you held so dearly to your heart turn into a moving, rotting corpse and then shoot the corpse. I'd someone else do it and cherish the good memories without making any new bad ones. Not on my list of To Do List for Sunday though, that's for sure.

• Indeed. It's interesting that even in that dream, my mother knew the dark, tunnel wasn't the best hiding option and that she was going to be found soon. Basically she was the bait while I was safe with the others and cops.