Have you ever maxed out a credit card?

And if so did you pay it off yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, I've only ever used cash and debit. I'm getting a credit card soon but I'm only getting it so I can build credit without paying interest.

• Whelp you probably got better self control than me cause that's what I got mine for... But in practice it was another story 😔

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't maxed out A credit card... I've maxed out ALLLLL the credit cards. :( haha. I had to pay for a lot of things when taking care of my mom when she got sick, and trying to go to college and all that fun stuff. Recently paid everything off with my gambling winnings though. but under normal circumstances... I don't recommend maxing out any cards if u can avoid it... it's ridiculous. O. O

What Girls Said 13

• Nope, never have and I don't see myself ever doing it. I have a few so I can build my credit but I plan on canceling one this year after I pay off my laptop. I only have it because in order to be on a payment plan, you had to put it on their credit card, which is completely stupid to me.

I know people my age who have maxed out credit cards, though. I don't understand how they do it. I wouldn't even know what to use all my credit on honestly...

• Nope, I haven't.

• no i don't own one

• I don't own a credit card toto

• Nope I have never owned a credit card.

• Never maxed it out.

• i haven't maxed out one.. but i use it and pay it back. I dont use it often though- just to increase my credit score. I use my debit more often

• yes and yes in a way

• No, don't have one, and don't plan on ever getting one..
    Hate depts..

• A few times but I always have other cards and cash on me.

• I don't have one

• I came close it it once. I had only $100 left on my limit after a few emergency expenses.

• No, I haven't.

What Guys Said 14

• I once tried to book a London hotel (NOT a 5 star with heated indoor swimming pool and casino, just a good 3 star). They asked 14 nights advance, no less. Credit card only. The bank's computer turned it down. I had my limit doubled by the manager then, without more success. I tried to book the same hotel through a travel agency, more expensive, of course. The travel agency too tried without success.
    Trip canceled, we went to Paris for a month instead.
    Shit happens and the U. K. doesn't really want less than oil sheiks, I suppose.
    Let the Brexit happen asap.

• Lmao I don't even use credit cards I have the credit score of a dead person or a ghost. I call em the suckers card, all credit cards are, are scheme they make their money giving you money and then when you overspend and can't pay it back they bleed you for everything you got.

That's how they get ya.

• Not yet

• I did it last year to pay to have my air conditioning replaced at home. I got a bank loan to get a much better interest rate to pay off the credit card bill, while collecting $100 in credit card cash back points. That loan should be paid off fully in a year or so.

• Yes I had to get a loan to pay it off and have a serious look at my spending - I was five years paying off loan, it taught me a huge lesson.

• Nope. I don't have a credit card. Makes like SO much easier.

• Yeah, I always pay all my credit card debt at the end of the month. 30 days of float is good enough for me. If I need more than that then there are other ways besides credit cards.

• never did it xD i like to have some headroom for when shit hits the fan.

• My first credit card had a 300 dollar limit. I maxed it out several times.

• Yes, I have maxed out more than one
    Yes, I owe no balance on any credit card now

• No, I only use cash.

• nope.. i have something called a sense of responsibility...

• Nope

• No I haven't I never use it really.
    Just use cash mostly