How to travel from Amsterdam to New York without parents knowing?

I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm planning to meet an old friend who moved to New Jersey after I visited New York for a guy I met on social media. Sounds weird but we honestly really like and love each other but the distance is ruining it. That guy is not a killer or whatever he's 1000% normal and we really wanna see each other. But one thing; I live in Amsterdam and my parents aren't understanding.

1: how am I going to buy a flight ticket to NY? It can't be on my bank card because my dad can see where my money went on that.

2: I prolly have to stay 2 days in a hotel but I don't know how the systems work there? I don't have a credit card & I don't know if they take cash there

3: I already told them I have to go for school to Londen (not really) for a few days so I already got a thing I can say.

I know it's dumb to let no one know but I will be 100% safe there but my parents will never understand

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You want to go to another country to see a guy you have never met and not your parents.

d.gr-assets.com/.../14462636.gif

I feel like I'm going to see your picture on the channel 4 news.

What Guys Said 10

• First, do you have a passport? If not, you are going nowhere at the speed of light?

Second, almost certainly, as a minor, you cannot unilaterally travel on your own without the documented approval of a parent or guardian. Furthermore, an airline worker would make sure you got on the plane and got off and communicate that to that parent/guardian. In other words, your parents will know you are traveling.

• Nah you have no idea who that guy is and you are at risk of being hidden in a garage and be held as a sex slave

• Oh yeah😑 Thats why I talk with him since January and even got his little brothers on my social media too

• Nah, she will most likely be locked in the basement.

• @Goldie757 I was actually thinking of that term but the word was being elusive and just didn't come to mind

• Every Hotel has different policy's. Some just hold a credit card and allow you to pay cash after. Others require you to put a small percentage of the cost and all the security deposit on a CC. As for checking in? Hotels may require you to have parents permission. Every state is different. You might have to get someone else to check in for you. Or you can try checking into a place in a shaddy' area. Like those that rent hourly.

• Your dad isn't Liam Neeson. Don't try running off.

• Can't be done. The USA wouldn't even BEGIN to let you in.

• yeah thats not gonna happen.

• You gotta pull the trigger (so to speak) and do it and just take the concecuences (?) after. if its something you really wanna do.

• Are you for real right now?

• Little Lady, there's something called paying in cash. It still exists, fortunately. You can still buy flight tickets at the airport, like in the old days.

• Do you have to show a paper document permission thing from your parents for that?

• You need to carry your ID (identify document) and probably require passport. You don't have visa so you can only travel to USA as a 'tourist'. As being a tourist ID and passport is enough but It's 90 limited days staying legally in the country.

Since you're underage, it depends on the airline if you are allowed to fly being 16. There are airlines that consider 16 year old people as adult and can fly alone.

• But don't do this. You could feel really weird and scared.

• The world too messed up to be doing that.

What Girls Said 1

• Just wait till you're in college. I'd never let my own daughter jet off to meet some strange guy who hasn't met the family. That's fucking crazy. I'm only 6 years older than you, and I still think that's crazy. No matter how "nice" this guy is. Come to the US for college, or study abroad. But right now you're just in high school. People don't know what they want yet.