Did Mohammed really beat his wives?

I read a comment somewhere by an atheist who claimed that Mohammed beat his wives. are there any Muslims out there who can verify this for me?

Wow. I sure am learning a LOT about Islam here. apperently fundamentalist atheists are indiscriminate in which religions they lie and/or refuse to learn about.

Most Helpful Girl

• He was never harsh to his wives.
    He treated them the best.
    He also said, "The best of you are those who treat their wife the best."

When his companions asked him who was his favorite person, he would respond, "Her"

When they said aside from her, as in for male companions I believe, and he said,, "her father" instead of the name of the friend.

And so on.

May peace be upon him.

• huh. care to says something about the claim by the anon guy below?

• I Dont know how to say it but i will tell it in shortcut for you
      When some says the hadith it means he's going to say something prophet mohammed said it
      and there more than 50,000 hadith
      followers of prophet mohammed used to type every single word he says
      as example : there a follow was called : abo horayra and he used to be with prophet mohammed
      so as i know he used to type every word prophet mohammed says and hadith books you read it as : in hadith abo horayra says : prophet mohammed said : ...
      its like that hope you understood it

• @NoJoke May God bless you as well :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he abused them, but he did marry an extremely young girl, which could be considered a form of abuse. However, you must take into consideration that our ancestors would be married off by the age of ~12-16 years old. So different times. Next, back then abuse was seen as causing EXTREME amounts of bodily harm like causing lacerations, breaking of bones, and etc. So while people may say he took care of his wives, you must remember the times and what the people of this time considered abuse. I also remember my friend telling me a story about how Aisha said that: "He struck me on the chest, so hard, it caused me pain." But this could be taken out of context, but I think it is a strong indicator that he would have met the MODERN day North American definition of abuse.

• according to someone below, h didn't actually have sex with her until she was 17.

• You don't say Americans are British people, do you? No. Because they're not. Modern Greece is still divided. There are like 20-some dialects there, and some are so different they can't even speak to other people when they leave their area or city.

• I reaize that only athenians believed that, but saying "It DIDN'T START from the greeks it started from Athens"would only make sense if Athenians were nt Greek. also, America is a searate politcal entity from Brittain. Ahens and greece are not.

What Girls Said 4

• I live in a muslim country (i am not) i read a lot of topics about muhammed. But this is the first time I see muhammed beat hos wives :/ i dont think so. If it was true, surely our atheists would mention it. He might marry very young ones, but beat them? Hmm never read before.

• actually, he treated them extremely well. he urged others to treat their wives with the utmost respect.

• No one really knows what happens behind closed doors. Only she can really answer that.

• Are you talking about that pedophile who got married to a 6 or 7 year old girl?

• *groan* read what's been said about that below.

• He had sex with her while she was 9. Research it please.

What Guys Said 23

• What does being a muslim have to do with knowing anything about past events that happened 1,400 years ago?
    As a grad student of history, I find this rather offensive and ridiculous. Being a muslim doesn't make you a professor of history. And last time I checked, muslims weren't capable of magically traveling through time.

• because I've learned from this one youtube channel run by a professional biblical scholar that atheist extremists make a LOT of crap up. (the channel in question being tektontv)

• What are you trying to say? So according to this stupid video, I'm an extremist because I believe people are born as atheists? That's retarded. Were you born with a certain, political view? No? So what makes you think you were born with a certain religious view?
      And what does all of this even have to do with my initial comment and your question?
      Religious scholars are NOT historians. If you believe what a religious scholar says about history, you might as well believe your 5-year old cousin. The bible is NOT a historical document. I don't care whether you believe in it or not. This is not an atheist view, it's a scientific view. It has absolutely nothing to do with atheism.

• 1) read the update to the question to get an idea for why I specified for muslims. 2) http://www. tektoonics. com/test/parody/fundyath. html

• While I'm luckily not a moslem, considering that nowadays they're worried about making their public image more appealing, they're unlikely to tell the truth (not if they're ever telling truth, thanks to taqiyya doctrine LOL).

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Wife_Beating_in_Islam

In short: yes, he did and later also gave permission to other men to beat wives.

• you sure? cause I'm pretty sure a muslim would know more about mohammad than an atheist.

• technically, yes that would be biased.

• I guess I have nothing more to add then.

• I couldn't say but he did marry and defile a child.

• No he have never... He said "care your wife".. So dont believe everything.. And he had lived 1500 years ago..

• He did marry a six year old. That's worse than beating his wives.

• aparently he didn't actually have sex with her until she was 17.

• You do know how marriages worked back then, right? Usually they were purley for socioeconomic gain.

• also, can you confirm that they also thought that one was either an adult or a child, and that they transitioned from the one to the other the day their 18th birthday came around?

• Yes. With his rhythm stick. He hit em slowly , hit em quick.

• If some one read Prophet Mohammed (s. a. a. w.) May peace be upon him
    You will cry and have so much tears :'(
    He was so merciful
    I wish i was born in same years he was alive
    i wouldn't leave him any second!
    He treated everyone so merciful
    He never hit a women! and never rape like all this liers say
    everytime i read about he's life i just can't imagine how you guys hate him?

Really just read about he's life and im sure you will change your opinion about islam :)
    Dont read to hate but read to know the truth that media hided it from you all

• I don't hate him. American concervatives just think that ISIS is represntative of Islam in general, and extremist atheists just hate *all* religions.

• wait, seriously? ISIS might not exist? I'm going to have to ask you to take the tinfoil hat off there.

• I said that as example because media is playing in our minds and washing it

• More than likely. It is a documented normality in the culture of the times and area in which he lived. Also he married a six year old child and consummated that marriage when she was 9, and led a violent conquest more typical of a warlord then a prophet of peace, but I digress. I'll let the Muslim apologists on this site explain their excuses of these actions to you.

• did "consumating a marriage" mean the same thing in that culture as it does in this one? because someone else told me that he didn't *have sex* with her until she was 17. also, simply dismissing someone's argument as an "excuse" is the invincible ignorance fallacy. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_fallacy

• if someone actually presents an argument than that's different , but the definition of that fallacy doesn't negate the definition of "excuse". I'll bet my left nut that what follows will be excuses and not arguments as these are two different things.

"Consummating a marriage" is the descriptor one would use in the English language to explain Mohamed's actions. It's not a translation issue and several Muslim apologists have either tip toed around this accusation and one even straight out admitted this fact during debate, then proceeded with the excuse that it was common in that day and age. to be blunt, the prophet historically fucked a child.

• muslimmatters.org/.../ also, I saw someone on here say that she hit puberty rather early.

• No he didn't beat his wives.

• I've studied Islam and the Life of Muhammad in uni and there is no evidence that shows he beat his wives.

But ignorant people with preconceived notions will say otherwise.

• Thats not true, he didn't , he treated his wife in a best way , even in Quran beating wife is a big sin , but the ones who beat their wives are using hadith not Quran , hadith is very bad, terrorists do those jobs that written in hadith but they have zero knowledge about Quran

• But I was told by someone else here that the Hadith is the written word of Mohammed himself? and transcribed by the people who were there?

• say what? Joseph was *90*?

• Yeah search for it

• Never ever ever happened , and where's the proof of that's correct?

• @lucasnabizada you just commited the invincible ignorance fallacy. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_fallacy also, there are lots of things that the quaran says to do that ISIS fails at, like not shooting people who surrender. So they can't really be used to judge it now can they?

• @lucasnabizada It's apparent that you're an intransigent conservative.

That's exactly the point, it's important that the sexist, misogynists people realize that their cultural practices contradict the teachings of their faith.

• Isn't Mohammed the name of 300million people? Haha.

• concit.org/.../beat-wives.jpg

Not even going to comment...

• Just want to say in defense... At least we shouldn't break bones... Or hit them when they are not being rebellious right? LMAO

• I think people judge Islam too bad... It is what it is... It's not good, I don't support it, but on the other side I know people who exerce the religion and they don't all hit their wives... They are not all like this it's neither good or bad... But it's in the book... I'm not making it up... You're asking... Here it his, it's the text

• Again, that's probably a huge step up from what was probably commonly practiced at the time.

• probably

• wrong, he loved and cared for his wives. why would he beat them? where did you read those lies?

• Somewhere on Youtube. I asked this because I've learned from the channel tektontv that extremist atheists make a lot of stuff up.

• People can do anything for demonstare like Islam is bad. I have never heard something like that its all bullshit. Islam importance woman rights even u dont believe

• i dont know if we can use books that have been rewritten 20 times.

• what does that have to do with anything?

• i just dont think that they can be an accurate description of history if they are rewritten a couple times.

• No but he did have many wives and molested a 9 year old girl lol.

• He never beat them, he was treating them really nice.
    Atheists are trying to make anything related to any religion like a shit, so they are lying with no evidence for what they are saying.

• belive me, I know. Do you have any idea how many pagan myths they've made up to try to make Jesus look like one or another pagan deity?

• Probably

• thats not even the worst thing he did

he married a 6 year old girl

raped other young girls

and he was a killer who slayed many many millions of non muslims

• you sure? the muslim scholar above says otherwise.

• Also, did you, the atheist, just accuse the professional Muslim of not understanding Islam? Seriously? That's the invincible ignorance fallacy. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_fallacy

• Aso, look at what he told me about the Hadith. "Muhammed himself once said "Don't write my words " but after 100 years of his death people didn't do what he said and they started writing words and most of these hadith is lies , but let me give you an example , in Quran says you should never kill an innocent person or you will go to hell , also if anyone murdered its like killing all of the people on this planet so killing is an extremely big sin , but in the fake hadith , it says kill the ones whom doesn't belive in islam , like Quran and hadith are opposite, Quran tells us to love people take care of people but hadith says kill people , but unfortunately westerns always generalize muslims as terrorists , rapists , women beaters coz they don't know that the problem is not the Religion its some of the shitty extrimists who only belive in hadith ,

hope you get it bro."

• I knew one who saw it happen under his eyes

• Of course. On the internet we all have a good source who was present. Muhammad already said "Beware of the Evil of Internet, it is Haram and the reign of the djins!", in the Sura Holy Server.