Is it true that beauty does not gain you respect?

Sure it can gain you admiration but not necessarily respect?

Most Helpful Guy

• Respect is earned not entitled.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree with that. A lot of beautiful women are respected.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, that is true, beauty doesn't gain you any respect. Respect is always earned, it's not given.

• I think it gets people's attention. If you saw a restaurant that looked like a dump on the outside but had the best burritos in the country next to the new shiny taco bell what do you think you would go to? I think beauty attracts. It does not earn you respect just attention.

• no, i think if a girl respects me i respect her. i think if she is successful in life i admire it, some or a lot of that success may have come from her beauty? and confidence is always the most admirable thing, healthy dopamine levels = sexy ass cool mofos.

• People might respect you because you are bigger and stronger than them but not because you have pretty mouth...

• spot on

• Only actions will gain you respect. You have to work for it.

• Beauty gets you respect.

• I get respect from my looks. That's why my job hired me. If I Were uggo The disrespect Would Be jobless

• yes id say true

• Then why do boys marry beautiful women? If they anyways don't respect them?

• well not all cases of course but its a igo thing sometimes. nothing wrong with appreciating beauty but it can look ridiculous and so obvious if the purpose is just a igo boost or money motivated

• You got to earn respect baby girl

• Very true.

• I am not sure about it though...

• you're grown and you don't realise that... haha.

• Then why don't people work harder to get it?

Because it's difficult to work hard, it's easier to 'look good?'

• Its not true

• both yes and no, it gives you opportunities
    but intimidation from others as well, and thats a form of respect.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes sometimes it can even be a hurdle to gaining that respect. You have to work harder than the men to prove yourself.

• @Then why do boys marry beautiful women? If they anyways don't respect them?

they could respect them for other reasons. being beautiful doesn't lose you respect. it just doesn't generate it.

anyhow a lot of men say respecting their partner isn't important. according to some, its not what attracts men to women. i dont buy it but that the claim. that they are not attracted to a woman they respect. they are attracted to her expecting them.

• beauty ALONE cannot gain you respect.

• It's better to be average in most cases so your appearance is not a distraction from your personality and intelligence.

• it can get you a shit ton of admiration. who needs respect when you have admiration?

• True you must earn respect in order to receive respect

• Beauty can make people think you are just. a pretty face and not more.. People are judgmental.

• Not always true. Beauty is not everlasting while manners and behavior give you respect.