What do you think of DLC for video games?

Do you think it's a good thing overall or bad? Do you get DLC?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate DLC they should just add them to the games and not make you buy separately.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a person who actually was studying video games development at the university in the UK, is a hardcore old-school fan of video games and seasoned modder, I think DLCs are a cancer of nowadays gaming industry.

It only promotes releasing half-complete games and sell rest of what was supposed to be included in the original to begin with as a separate content for an additional price.

Back in old days there were expansions -- those things were good.

If there's a game that I'm interested in and developers announce they'll have DLCs, I'll tor**** the game, but won't ever buy it.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the game. I like the Brave New Worlds DLC for Civilization V. My Honey showed me it and it is so fun. If you like turn based strategy it is so cool :p you get to be different civilizations that have actually existed like egypt and greece and you get to conquer the world and develop technologies!

Wow, I could totally advertise for these guys xD

• It's meh most of the time.

• I have no idea what that is and don't tell me!

• Not a clue what that is.

What Guys Said 14

• Meh, I prefer PC games that supports mods instead of DLCs, unless DLC is really good and interesting and not purely for cosmetic purposes or anything that doesn't really add to the gameplay experience. Or unless there are any free DLC. Otherwise I'd wait for a discount bundle that includes the game and all of it's DLC for a discounted price.

• Some practices piss me off: the kind where content is included in the original package, but you have to spend extra to unlock it - just plain stupidity.

It also depends on what the DLC is about. Purely aesthetic changes don't interest me, I'm into additional content/ gameplay.

• I don't like it. Its just to make you keep paying more. It's as if you're not even buying a complete game.
    I miss the days of when you bought a game, you got the whole thing.

• Only if what's in the DLC shouldn't have already been in the base game to begin with. As the DLC is supposed to be extra content that was made after the game comes out. Not stuff that should have been included in the base game to begin with.

• There's nothing wrong with iterative software development but I feel it's a con to sell a game as complete in the $70 range for example and then continue releasing packs for for additional money. It's cool to update a game and flesh it out more to your final vision, but you shouldn't charge as much if you don't have a complete product. I the pre release alphas for like $20 are more fair to consumers when it comes to incomplete games.

• it's okay. I just wish they would give me the ENTIRE game when I buy it. Tired of these micro transactions.

• DLC is usually good but I wish they'd just make the whole game to begin with. The period between just blows.

• I like when it truly adds content and value to the game. Not when they cripple the game and add paid dlc to bring the game to what it should have originally been.

• I think it all boils down to whether any given DLC is worth whatever ammount they charge for it.

• its a pretty stupid idea. why dont they put the dlc part of game in the main game

• Fallout 4 dlc is tempting

• It depends on what's in the DLC.

• yea how can dlc be a bad thing just look at free dlc on gta v

• i have a few for my tomb raider games and they are awesome add ons, it makes the game more interesting the next time its played from what your used to.