What do you think of girls who don't have social media accounts?

e. g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• She prefers interacting with people in person and I love that to be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• if i were a guy, id find it hot :P
    I don't know i mean SOME forms of social media are great, but others are so overrated, and i think it's cool when a person, guy or girl, isn't constantly living their life as a virtual being, but rather living in the moments of reality, in the physical presence of other people.

What Guys Said 83

• 10/10
    my kinda girl.

• Good for her, she doesn't just go with the flow. Not a conformist, so rare among US girls.1

• I would date her.

I won't date media whores anymore as it denotes a Narcissistic personality. Hence why I don't date although I get approached daily.

Rather spend time with her & vice versa than her and her cell phone and her dating apps, FB, Instagram & Snapchat.

Value my time or get accustomed to my absence.

I'm out.

• I like it. I over heard these two pretty girls walking into the gym at the front desk where you show your ID on your card and it gets scanned before you can workout and the guy who scans the card to let you in sees your pic and these two girls were asking the guy how does our pictures look lol you just new they are social media attention whores

• Thought my crush didn't have these, cause I knew she didn't have a Facebook, and she always said she was a loner.
    This is part of the reason I wanted to get to know her more, and one of the reasons I liked her.

About a year later I found her Twitter, which had 700+ fucking followers, and a while after that I found her Instagram that has over fucking 1000 followers.

So yeah, she's pretty different in reality than I thought in the first place. According to one of my coworker friends who went to school with her, she hung out with the SUPER popular slutty girls, even though she's the opposite of that. He doesn't know why she hung with them.

She's still awesome though.

• I'd view it as a postive thing.

• I think she doesn't crave the attention of strangers, male strangers in particular and therefore has more self-respect than other girls.
    Not everyone has to know about one's life.
    I'd also think she is old school and prefers SMS / Email and phone calls, which would mean that she is probably selectively social. Nobody can force someone to socialize with just about anyone.

I'd also believe that such a girl is more mature than others and is very aware of the dangers of social media.

• No issue with it. Many people are ditching social media. I killed off my FB account.

• Good thing :)

• I wouldn't care much. It's a complete non-issue for me.

• Great!!! Id think she's occupied in life and thats a good thing.
    I've once had a dinner date with a girl who was connstantly on her phone...

• I like it, it's a very good thing.

Social media can be a red flag, not always, it's something you have to consider.

• No problem, it's really a free choice... some couldn't do without and some couldn't imagine a life with.
    So do whatever you feel nice with :D

• I generally admire those kinds of girls quite a lot to be honest. While I do use social media I still prefer to meet people in person and have a conversation, and when she's the same way she becomes even more attractive to me.

• Actually, I think it's starting to become the norm now. I think social media is starting to decline in way now that it's been invaded by old people :p

• I think they're very sensible!! Can't say more!

• I have a lot of respect for them for not being drones who mindlessly follow the pack. I'm not on social media, either.

• that they have life

• Well girls practically live on social media these days and if you didn't have anything is think either A.. This girl does really care or B.. She is socially inept and probably doesn't have that many friends.

• I would be wary of them thinking of potential catfishes.

• That's when you request a pic

• people on this website are obsessed with catfishing! Obsessed!

How does catfishing even exist offline?

• @angell exactly. If a guy isn't a loser and doesn't live online, he has nothing to worry about

• Huge respect

• my ideal girl

• well thats great.

• Indifferent :)

• I'd much prefer a woman who didn't bother with that stuff.

• Depends what are her reasons. I tend to respect that in girl but reasons are everything. There are girls that dont use Facebook cos they dont end up looking good on photos, they are not photogenic so they dont have facebook...

• Nothing

• Social media accounts are not necessary for a person.

• That is a rarity in this day and age... I think that means she is a girl who stays productive such as school and work

• If I met them online I don't believe they're real; if I know them in person I have more respect for them.

• More from Guys
    53

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 35

• Whatever the reasons may be, I would say that those girls are missing so much news. On the other hand, they are fortunate for not being exposed and entrapped in such toxic, virtual environment.

I totally understand that these girls may not have accounts because of various reasons: (1) no internet access, (2) preference for not having accounts, (3) banned for having one, etc.

• I dont have any of these accounts. I have been called weird or a crazy person who try to hide something and some people ran away from me when i was single and dating around.

That is what people think. But i dont give two shits to that. I am not here to show off my life to everyone so mass surveillance can track me off what i am doing and predict what i am gonna do tomorrow

• I can relate. My friends have called me "cavewoman" for not even having a Facebook account so I was pressured to make one. But 'til now I still don't see how having FB makes a difference other than it allows you to somehow stalk people. :/

• I never got into the trend of putting my entire life on the internet for everyone else to judge. That's why conversation was invented.

• They have a life

• Some don't like that, some do. Just a preference, there isn't anything wrong with liking or disliking social media

• I don't have any social media accounts and honestly I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about this. I find social networking extremely annoying and from my point of view it doesn't having anything to do with how "exciting" your social life is. I don't need to upload pictures of myself like every every hour of the day to prove how social I am.

• I think it's not very common nowadays. But I don't think less of them. I'm sure they have good reasons for not wanting to have a social media account.
    I also don't have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.

• I have a friend like that. My best friend in secondary school. she's v interested in conspiracy theories. I think its related? I don't know what goes through her mind sometimes but she's a great person; v caring & affectionate but also takes no shit from anyone.

• It doesn't bother me at all.

• Doesn't bother me at all. Means they don't waste time on the bs. Deleted my facebook and twitter. If only I could let go of Insta i'd be set.

• I'm thinking of deleting my Facebook also 'cause it's been dead for ages but I dunno why I can't xD. You're so brave.

• thanks u should delete it. And ya I use sc and ig too much it takes so much time out of my day.

• i... i dont know :*(

• I think it's pretty great that a person hasn't been pressured into the trap of social media. Unfortunately, I did and its so hard to get out of. I seriously want to delete it all and in a way completely start new without the influences of what is trending right now. I feel like without social media, you would be able to fully commit to yourself in whatever way that maybe.

• I think we like to socialize face to face :)

• I'd be proud

• Um I'm actually like that Lol I think it's a positive thing.

• they're smart.

• I don't think anytbing. They're not better or worse than people who do have social media accounts.

• Nothing bad.

• I'm too lazy. When I make friends I give them my # or KIK or even Skype but I hate updates so much.

• Happier people

• ı think she doesn't want fake people around her

• Nothing
    I'm one of them

• They seem sketchy and not real. Hahahaha

• If it's a close friend , frustration since I can't really get in touch with her without one of those.

• They're catfishes lol

• Indifferent

• Nothing.

• well least you know she won't be posting "sexy" pictures on them to show off to the men i suppose. or taking selfies constantly and won't be distracted on her phone when she is with you.

• I don't think it matters whether or not someone has social media accounts. It doesn't make you any better or worse than someone else.

• She has a life

• More from Girls
    5