How to not go insane while babysitting a toddler?

I'm babysitting my 2 year old nephew and he's driving me insane. There's 5 hours left. Before you say well why are you babysitting then just realize my sister was starting a new job and absolutely could not find anyone to look after him. I don't really like kids a lot I find them extremely irritating but agreed to help her because she's family. He's pushing his potty around its making a horrible screeching noise I tried to say please no and he givese this mean ass glare then hits me. Keeps ripping things out of my hand going MINE. I can't stand when kids are like this. I wish he would nap. I tried feeding him but he's so picky and just throws the food around he's throwing toys at the walls omg just please help

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a big experience with children. I have many younger cousins and sometimes we spent summer or winter together so I had to learn how to treat a child.
    I don't love kids that much so I totally feel what you say but.. never ever show the kid that you are mad/angry at him and that you don't love him that much. I have a 1.5 years old cousin right now and I sometimes spend whole day with her in same house.
    First thing that you should remember is that kids are f**kingly stubborn. Don't try to "compete" with them in it cause they will make you tired and then - win.
    So If you want him to do something you should make him want to do it.
    Don't be angry grandma, show them that you are their friend, even if you are not.
    If he does something good- kiss him or tell that he's a good boy, do not forget to smile.
    When I said to my cousin " Do not do it", she did it with even more pleasure. Instead of getting angry, try not to pay attention to the small things that he does to make you angry. He will be tired soon and leave it. Sometimes just ignore. Sometimes just tell him in a caressing way that It's not a good thing to do and you won't speak with him anymore if he continues doing it. I did so and she always comes to me and kisses on my knees and doesn't do those things anymore xD
    Plus, remember to make him want what you want. You should earn his respect, not necessarily love, but respect.
    What about feeding him, try to play with him while doing it, tell him that you will eat his own meal and if he doesn't open his mouth, open yours so that he will guess that he will stay hungry if he doesn't eat. That always works. Cause that's human nature. We want what we can't have and we want to have things that are hard to achieve or may be soon possessed by other people.
    Kid is a only pure human, he acts according to his primal instincts, that we, adults have already hidden deeply.
    Use a simple psychology. Don't let him to manipulate you, do it conversely.

What Guys Said 7

• Stop letting the little turd push you around. If he's throwing stuff, take them and put them away. If he hits you, tell him firmly not to do that and put him in time out.

• he's pushing you and knows he can push you. Be stern with him and say no and tell him he's naughty.

• Hire another babysitter.

• So why do you continue your job that you hate? Why do you HAVE to put yourself through that?

• Put a paper bag over his head and see if he thinks it's night and he falls asleep.

• NyQuil

• Suck his cock and I'm sure he'll change his behavior in no time lmfao 😂😂😂😂😂

What Girls Said 11

• Have patience. I'm pretty sure you were doing stuff like that when you were a toddler. Lack of patience will just frustrate you more, and it will make your nephew think he has won the battle against you. Don't let that happen. The more you allow it, the more he knows what he can get away with. If you have something in your hand and he tries to grab it, move it away from him and firmly tell him no. If he still tries, tell him no again. Don't have the potty around like that. Place it somewhere like the bathroom where he can't touch it. If he shows signs that he needs to go. Pick him up, and take him to his potty so he can pee. If he hits you, you hold his wrist firmly and tell him no with one finger, then let him know he's being bad. And if he keeps doing it, put him in time out. Don't let him throw his food around. Take the food and you feed him yourself. Don't let your nephew grab the food or spoon from you. You have to let him know that your in charge. If you keep being afraid, he will control you. When you show authority he will respect you. When you show that you love him and teach him things in love, he will grow to love and like you in return. I believe you hating children is what's making him behave so badly around you. He doesn't like you either. Kids are very sensitive and is attuned to the things around them. Including people. If there was somebody I didn't like or sensed didn't like me, I would give them mean looks too. If someone tried to harm me, I would defend myself. If someone threatened to hurt my love ones I would defend them. Or find something I could use as a weapon. Change your attitude, and your nephews attitude will improve. Otherwise our advice will be useless to you at this point. Children haters are not favorable to babies and children overall. Remember that they are NOT stupid. They will remember you and what you do and did with them.

• You need to entertain him. Find something he can get absorbed in. What toys do you have to hand? Any crafty stuff like playdough? Lego to build with?

Turn the programme off while he's distracted, if he cries just ignore him and try and keep playing with whatever it is you're trying to get him interested in, but you need to play with him. Don't leave him to try and entertain himself, he wants your attention.

• don't let him control you lol put him where you want him to stay with his toys and if he throws a fit or starts crying even better bc he'll fall asleep when he's done

• If he's not asleep yet try to put him in the tub with his bath toys. That'll work! It does for my toddler!!

• Lol OMG I'm the same way my little niece says I'm ugly and mean because I tell her to stop trying to climb my dog and ride him Lol he's not a horse. I love her and she can be sweet but she's cray! Not to mention she gets all butthurt when I get upset and try to put her in time out she's like " you don't love me you're so mean to me!" She's only 3.

• Get playdoh and legos.

That will keep him and you busy.

• Awhh they're my favs 😍

• lol that's how I feel with children too. I keep earplugs and earbuds with me when i'm babysitting.

• Kill em

• The best thing to do with a toddler is distract him! Find a toy, or a movie he likes. And toddlers need boundaries. They don't know right from wrong, so when he acts up you need to put him on time out.

• Sit him in front of the T. V
    Or if he is acting up then he needs to get in trouble and show him YOU are the boss not him.

• he's obsessed with this show Harry the bunny its the creepiest shit I've ever seen. I wouldn't be so bothered if there were more seasons but there's one season that only has 6 episodes and its been playing on repeat for 5 hours he flips if I try to change it

• Put in some ear buds while he watches.
      There is another option but it will be hard at first.. You get him really hyped on sugar and wait for the crash.

• only for a little while sitting in front of a t. v. is not good for a kid that age.