My new cat is acting odd is this good or bad?

When I put her in my lap she starts walking around, she climbs up my shoulder and perches there and comes back down. She also kinda butts my hand with her head licking and kinda nipping my fingers not hard. She also puts her paws out to my hands claws not drawn. She makes this purring like sound. Is this a sign she likes me and trusts me or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• <3

The perching. UGH! I miss that so much. When my girls were tiny, they'd climb up, one on each shoulder. Once they got up there, they'd perch. God, they used to look statuesque when they did it.
    ^^ That will not last forever. Enjoy it while you can!

- The head butting is "PET ME" in a nice way. Some cats will gently bite if you don't.

- The paw reaching out means she wants to be close to you. It's an affectionate gesture.

She purrs because she loves you. - This is a cat that loves you, trusts you, and wants to be near you.

What Girls Said 5

• She LOVES you. She is so affectionate :) The head butt means "give me attention human! Use those hands!" The biting means "Human you listen to me, right now!"
    All she does is show her love :)

• Well the head butts she want's to be petted on her head. It's normal for them to walk around on your lap and climb up on your shoulder. Cats like to be up high where they can see what's going on.

I take it this is your first cat?

• No my third but she acts a little more affectionate than the other two

• She's just very affectionate.

• That's not odd. It basically means she's happy.

• -____________-

What Guys Said 7

• Thats not odd for a cat lol

• When you sleep the tell tale sign is if she starts to clean your hair

then you know it is love

• And if it happens it when your awake even better, my older cat my he rest is piece would always perch himself behind me and clean my hair while I lay there, didn't matter if I was awake or not lol.

• @Phoenix98 i wake up and my hair is drenched and styled in a mohawk

• Lol yeah I remember those day's I'd usually fall asleep to him doing my hair though, oddly relaxing.

• My cat that died used to shake our hands if we extended it towards him.

• Seems like it, does she show her belly to you? because that's a sign of venerability in the feline world and they'll only do that to people they trust, does she give your kitty kisses or britches and does she clean your hair?

• She does butt her head against mine and have shown her tummy

• Then she at least trusts you, and her other behavior indicates that she wants affection from you so it's a good sign she likes you.

• No, when a cat shows you affection that means they hate you.

Yes, your cat likes you!

• lol that is all normal cat behavior

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more