Has anyone ever made money in real estate?

Or know anyone that has?

How did you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah my dad.

I don't know he own likes tons of buildings n shit. Ask specific questions and I'll ask him.

• What does he own and how did he get the money to buy them? What percentage was financed through loans?

• But he still buys and builds in the present.

But anyway, thanks.

• Yeah but at this point he's made enough money to be able to do that.

Anyway, good night.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't recommend it. I know a real estate agent, her life ia hectic. She has ro run all around the city. Along with her family life.

Another thing, it's commission based. Meaning if you dont sell a house you dont make money.

Sales jobs aren't worth it

• Uh no not all real estate jobs are commission based.

• I wasn't talking about being a real estate agent.

I meant investing, rehabbing, building, etc.

• Ohh. I was super tired when i read the question.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't like real estate. Too many problems. The biggest drawback is I have to pay a Realtor 6% to sell my property.
    If I wanted to invest in real estate I'd prefer a REIT from a big mutual fund co. like Vanguard or Fidelity.

• Only once but I put it into another bigger house with a bigger mortgage , never should have done that since 4 years later we went into a recession , now I have nothing

• How did you make the money?

• That is just over a 5% down payment. How did you find that? And how exactly do you buy HUD homes? Are these through realtors and the MLS or through HUD's own "thing?" And what is that thing?

• Don't know if they still do it but I found in the newspaper listing and if you an FHA loan you don't need more than that down but may have to still pay private mortgage insurance still with the loan until you are 20% into the the home

• i haven't