How can I find the rhythm of a song?

hey guys i have a problem i have been playing acoustic guitar for a year but the only thing i have managed to do as far as rhythm is conserned is to strum all the strings together because noone is talking about the rhythm of the song so i have 2 questions
1) why noone is talking about th rhythm and second and most important where can i find the rhythms of songs that i want to play in my acoustic guitar?

What Girls Said 1

• Time signatures.

• and what are those exactly?

• ok thnx for helping

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. Rhythm is something you just have to hear. When you listen to a song, there's usually a beat and you just need to hear this beat. That's something you can practice though.
    If we're talking about tact, that's indicated in the front of the first line of a piece of music. For example it might say 4/4, which is by far the most common musical tact. Other very common tacts are 3/4 (this one is used for Waltz for example) and 6/8 (this one is often used for Jazz/Blues/Ragtime). If you have a 4/4 tact, you can simply strum your strings regularly, with the emphasis being on the first strum of every four-set. So it would be tam-ta-ta-ta tam-ta-ta-ta tam-ta-ta-ta etc. If we talk about other tacts, it might be easier to pick the strings instead of strumming them (I usually pick them because I think it sounds nicer). For example if you have something like a C-major chord and you want to do a 3/4 tact, you should first pick your A-string, followed by the G, H and high E string (or if this is too hard for you, you can also just pick the H and high E string together). These higher strings should be picked twice, so we have three quarters at the end. So the whole thing would sound like tam-ta-ta tam-ta-ta tam-ta-ta etc.

• h string?

• Ah sorry, that's b-string for you. In German we call the musical tone b "h", so I get confused sometimes ;-).

• and another question there are people saying that to play a song u play something like DDUU DUD and repeat what does it mean?

• You can find it from classical music. I think there are people cleaning up.