Would you want to know if your child attempted suicide because of something that you did?

My mom cried so much and I still wonder if I should have told her.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think open communication is really important, so if I ever got to the point where I felt that way I would absolutely want to talk to my parents first because they might be able to say something or help get me out of it, especially if they were part of the cause. This depends on the relationship with the parents though, I know I can lean on mine for this type of stuff, but unfortunately not everyone can.

• Well I didn't trust them about things like depression so I never talked to them about it.

• I see. I think some parents really just have a hard time understanding depression because they think it's a phase.

• Yeah they lied to get me into a mental hospital.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't tell me that shit because I have enough going on. I don't know how many here are parents but that's like feeding me a guilt trip shit sandwhich. The next thing I'd do is commit you to therapy.

• 1. You can't do it for something that happened a year ago
      2. It was because they committed me to a hospital that it happened.

• So basically you're one fucked up kid that your parents already tried to help. Time to kick you out of the nest and see if you fly or become cat food. People die everyday and life goes on. You're not special.

What Girls Said 5

• so, you want to make her feel even worse than she already does?

no. just leave it alone. tell a therapist. and acknowledge the fact that it was because of something to do with yourself instead of blaming others for your actions.

• You should! ^^ She can make it better now thanks to that :)
    Wish You all the best!

• She had the rights to know so something like that can be avoided if you ever feel down again.

• Well it was something she did to me as a teenager and the attempt was as an adult.

• She cried because she's still your mother after all and realized her mistakes.

• I really don't know how to feel now though because she did something she said was with good intentions recklessly

• I def would that way I can learn from it.

• I swore her off for what she did to me but I reestablished contact but when I told her about that she cried harder then when I disowned her.

• No. There's no point in hurting her anymore.

• Well I already hurt her pretty bad.

What Guys Said 4

• Are you the guy I'm thinking of

• if u try to kill urself u need str8 jacket

• I would

• I almost did but I don't think she needs to know that.