Why do some guys hate to be called "beautiful"?

I'm kind of complimented by random girls as beautiful. For me it's a huge compliment. But basically I've seen most guys think it as something feminine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't lie the first time I heard my friend call a guy beautiful I found it an odd choice of word.

But now I find myself saying it when I do see someone beautiful.

So I guess it depends on how the girls say it.

Some says it in a way that does sound girly and just throwing a word without really caring much for the meaning.

Most Helpful Guy

• We often translate it as "You"re enjoyable to look at but I'd never have sex with you". Same with being called cute.

Most guys prefer being called hot because it is more likely to imply sexual interest. However anything is better than ugly I suppose.

What Girls Said 6

• Beautiful to me in a man is someone with that flawless, almost metrosexual look which a lot of women love in a man, I mean they eat it up, and break their neck for it.

So I feel like most men would see "beautiful" as the equivalent of "pretty".

• Those men are stupid...

"Beautiful" to me is concrete and fire and grit and scars and love, and it's absolutely the highest aesthetic compliment I could pay any man, anywhere.

"Pretty", on the other hand, is just... underwhelming, whether for a woman or a man. Best applied to 6-year-old girls lol.

• @redeyemindtricks the concrete, fire, and grit would be sexy to me. I like those dirty tanned working boys and I just had to turn around to admire one today who so sexy. He had that Momoa build, dark thick beard, tanned skin, sweaty and workin in the sun. He was sexy. I don't think I could feel the same calling him beautiful. Gorgeous maybe? Beautiful just feels feminine to me.

• There's beautiful, and there's beautiful.

If you can only say it while breathing *in*... that ain't feminine.

• I think it internally "that is one beautiful man", but I use more masculine terms when actually complimenting a guy.

• I guess they think girls are the only ones who should be referred to as "beautiful". For me, when I call a guy beautiful that's the biggest compliment I could give him, look wise. It's like no other words can describe his looks and "beautiful" just sums everything up perfectly.

• Me calling a man beautiful is a different kind of attraction. Like he's supermodel material. I wouldn't date him but I think he's beautiful. I call men's souls beautiful often though.

• Interesting. What makes you not to date that person?

• I'm just not attracted to pretty boys lol I like em a little more rough neckish

• It's a more feminine coimpliment

• Because they think it's feminine.

• That my question. How come beautiful could be something feminine.

What Guys Said 14

• Men aren't meant to be beautiful. We're meant to be handsome.

• The word does sound feminine to me.

• It's feminine not the best compliment.

• https://youtu.be/kb2_MRXID9E this is beautiful

• It apply's to girls not guys & thats gay lingo , not what i want to hear especially from my girl.

HOT , cute , cutie, sweet, those kind of words i want to hear but not beautiful thats a girl word we use to describe girls.

• A girl told me at the club "omg you are so beautiful" I said thank you and went home with her n her friend. I see no problem with it OP, I'm a beautiful male and I don't feel any less of a man

• I guess for some men, they are not very secure with their masculinity. Being called 'beautiful' may make them feel less manly. Just a guess...

• I don't hate it nor do I like it.

• it's a feminine compliment but i don't mind it

• It is feminine

• Sounds effeminate

• it means your gay and is defnately not a compliment

• I get call beautiful all time

• Because it typically means feminine.