Why do people keep calling me little/young girl when I am 21 years old?

Why do many people I encounter-whether I am out shopping or running errands-call me little or young girl when I am only 21 years old? Does this happen to anyone else and what is your reaction?

0|0
6|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Because when your under 25 your still considered really young and inexperienced.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you don't look your age.
    Or since you're younger than them they feel the need of calling you little/young girl.
    People usually think I'm younger, but I take it as a compliment, it doesn't bother me.
    But I understand that you might find it annoying.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, it does get frustrating because sometimes I would like to have an "adult" like conversation with people but the fact that they judge me for looking "very young" prevents me from having such a conversation.

• I understand. If they give you the chance of having a conversation, then you just have to prove them they are wrong. That you are mature.

What Guys Said 2

• You probably look young

0|0
    0|0
  • you look young most likely. im 27, but look like im 17

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You probably just have baby face haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Early 20's is still seen as really young. My parents don't consider me "grown" :/ I guess you look young for your age

1|1
    0|0
  • People call me skinny girl or tiny breasts all the time. You probably just look really young.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, this happens to me, because I look younger than I am to some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you just look young...

0|0
    0|0