Why do some men hate Feminism and Feminists?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me give you a live example of why men hate feminists and feminism.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2062310-do-you-think-it-s-ok-for-a-man-to-hit-a-woman

Specifically, refer to to @sep780 's comments to my answer.

So there I was, making a statement about how it's so sad that society has devolved to a point where, for whatever reason, some women just want to hit men without consequences, and that perhaps if we thought about it, anyone hitting anyone else probably isn't the way to go.

But, then this feminist comes in and just makes up bullshit arguments about irrelevant shit. When asked about her sources to back up the wild claims she's making, she quotes - "As for my sources, I'm a feminist".

Sadly, this kind of bigoted, irrational response is not unique. Feminists these days have somehow allowed themselves to believe that they can just make up facts and get their way just because they're feminists. You know who else thinks like that? ISIS.

It's been a long long time since feminism had anything to do with gender equality, and feminists need to be called out on their bullshit.

• Except they never will be called out for it. The Left has already won. 'Progress' is inevitable. Try stating anything that even remotely deviates from the feminist egalitarian/pro-homosexuality narrative within any US college campus and watch how quickly your life will collapse. Political correctness has gotten insane. You would be surprised by the amount of Millennial college students who *wish* that the schools could openly punish students for holding conservative views. 'Tolerance' is reaching its peak and it is not pretty.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a girl and I don't like the idea of feminism. I believe that women these days have twisted thoughts and if much rather be with a man who thinks the same but treats me the was a proper woman should be treated. Men who dislike feminism are probably the best husbands. Men are there to protect us women and we are there to support our families.

• Do we really needs a man's protection in this modern 21st century society?

• Wow It's fun when women bash each other, cause if a man said that stuff he'd be a women hater ( I guess mean a prone to hate women) but when a girl says it she brain washed (I guess a women can only be taught to hate women) which means that you think that anyone who has a different view from you is automatically wrong. :/

• What do you think would happen to a society without men? It would be taken over by a foreign society with men, provided the assumption that no other foreign societies men would interfere to protect that society of only women. Even in the 21st century.

What Guys Said 33

• I don't hate feminism but there's so much propaganda and in schools and media today, originally pushed by activists, which makes it understandable that even young men and women can get their ideas about society and about each other all twisted up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TR_YuDFIFI

If we're talking about the Christina Sommers kind of old-school brand of feminism which was based on academic integrity and objectivity, then I'd happily even call myself a "feminist".

But that word has become rather poisoned lately.

• [...] that even young men and women [with good intentions towards equality] can get their ideas about society and about each other all twisted up.

• I love Christina Sommers

• Christina, is an anomaly. Even in the 70s there was language of animosity towards men.

• The crux of modern feminism is finding every which way to bitch about mild discomfort, or taking comfort and bitching about not being as comfortable as men are.

Bitches have found the secret sauce, the formula to get your way and not have to deal with the whole "work hard and differentiate yourself" mantra that drives a successful society.

They cry foul to executives, lawyers, law enforcement, and policy makers by using media outlets as a platform to pose genuine whining as a "legitimate claim of oppression" that can only be blamed by the patriarchy.

Most people see through this, but when other women and some (I can't believe I'm saying this) cuckish men feel that their mild discomfort is actually result of a patriarchy that must be overthrown, you have a sizable mob that makes a lot of noise. They can't be ignored, because people in power risk being politically hung at the public square for telling these people to stop bitching, EVERYONE feels discomfort, deal with it.

The backseat diva on a long road trip is what the Feminist movement has become.

• Because the majority of men (on this website certainly but maybe also in real life) do not actually know anything about feminism. They watch some kind of dumb youtube video by some bitter woman bitching about something and then they assume "that must be the archetype of a feminist". That's about as absurd as saying that organic farming is evil because you saw a video or a TV interview with a vegan fundie who believes that meat eaters should all be killed.
    Most of the real feminists are academics and as far as I can tell from my own academic education, their opinions are pretty sensible and normal (and least if you're a more or less tolerant and open-minded person).

I also have to say that these kind of bitter activists that everyone on GaG talks about seem to be mostly a US-American phenomenon. I wonder if they exist in Canada. But at least here in Switzerland, Germany and Austria we don't have any such people (at least not that I know of) and from the bit of BBC I watch, it seems like they don't really exist in the UK either.

• You are incorrect, the national conference on mens issues was held just recently in the UK, the Honey Badgers (a Mens Rights Group) are based in Canada, there is a mens rights movement in India and most of whom you have never heard of because you choose not to look.

• You know, it's not about who has it worse, and yes things are fucked up for everyone in India, yes fucked up shit happens to EVERYONE, because people (men and women) can be fucked up! You know it's pretty fucked to say it ONLY happens to women, when it's simply not true. And to ignore the problems and issues facing HALF of the human population is a recipe or disaster. How many men do you think are out there who are PISSED because of the treatment they receive at the hands of the state? Did you even listen to that interview?

• @Anpu23 No, I didn't because I find it extremely offensive that as a man, you'd be a million times more privileged in India and yet you find something to whine about. Whatever troubles you think men are facing in India, they are peanuts compared to what Indian women go through. Did you know that women were burnt alive in India until one century ago if their husbands died? Imagine all the women of your town coming to your house because you're girlfriend or wife died and saying like "yeah, sorry, you're girlfriend died so you don't deserve to live anymore. We'll just burn you alive". That was a reality and - forgive me my slightly imperialistic stance here - had the British not come and told the Indians to cut that shit, they'd probably still be doing it today.

• Because the loud misandrists are garnering the most attention by being the most active in their hate towards men while the "good" feminists are never heard from, thus giving the impression that there aren't any.

• Because many of them have done irreparable damage to the family unit which is the nucleus of society. Single parent households, divorce, unwanted pregnancies, and the culture of promiscuity are just a few examples among many. That and abortion which I believe is the single greatest evil of the 21st century. You cannot call yourself 'civilized' or 'progressive' when you can justify the systematic slaughter of an entire class of humans in the name of 'choice.' If women's rights means resorting to a level of barbarism comparable to pagan Europe, then I would gladly support the patriarchy.

That said, I have some respect for religious feminists. Or at least the more traditional minded ones like Dr. Alveda King. I don't like when they try to change doctrine by demonizing the Church with female clerics. But I can understand their complaints with the abuses of the patriarchy and even respect their efforts to correct said abuses.

• They aren't moot at all.

• "irreparable damage to the family unit which is the nucleus of society."

"irreparable"

Drink that in.

• because they have double standards, they say that feminism means equal rights to men too but thats bullshit, they hate men and they spread hate on men and at the same time they say that we support men.

• I was going to reply... No need (Decent guy slam dunked this one... Even though I'm not against women and thier equalitys too.. !! it is what it is !!

• Hate? No. Dislike? Yes.

Why? Because actions speak louder than words and for all the "equality" talk feminists do, their actions tell the opposite - aka that they want more and more and more and don't give a single shit about men.

Its important to know that the feminists who run the show (aka those who have influence, power and media coverage) are toxic, vile and destructive. The ones who follow those are at best naive to those attributes thinking they do something for a good cause - and the rest agrees.

So why as a man should you like that movement, if you are vilified as the ultimate evil? Why should a man agree with a movement that doesn't give a shit (or even worse - at times sabotaging and trying to make things worse for you) about your own struggles but only about 50% of the population?

And why do some men hate that movement? Because the dislike above and their own life shortcomings makes them turn bitter and require them to vilify something and scapegoating it (ironically the same reason why feminism is a pile of BS, because the ones leading it doing the same - just that they have more power and influence)

• Equality is fine, most feminists I've seen want all the pros and then clearly state men should keep various cons.

One example is that a woman can hit a man and the man shouldn't be able to use equal or any sort of force if the woman intends harm.

• We hate today's feminism, because it's doing nothing for equality, and all for female supremacy.
    If today's feminism was the same as the one back in the 60's, most men would support it, but it's not, it's actually the opposite. They're fighting for what they helped destroy: inequality.

• Because they encourage women to hate men, and campaign for special treatment for them. There are campaigns now to stop sending women offenders to jail.

• Because feminism has done its best to marginalize mens issues. It has fought hard to remove men from the equation and limit men from basic human needs. It has stopped funding for programs that are directed towards mens physical and mental health. It has spread propaganda and lies about men, it has effected laws that directly harm men, it has spread hatred, and has created a second class of half of the human population.

It has denied or marginalized male victims of domestic violence, rape and has created a language of denial of the humanity of men.

It has done all of these things, and blames men for the outcome of its acts.

I can state sources upon sources to back my claims, and am willing to continue fighting it until the concept of compassion for men become not only acceptable but the norm.

• I don't hate them. Some stuff I even agree with

• Some Feminists are making us crazy with their fucking ideas

• Most feminist distort facts and skew statistics to get what they want, which is nit equality, and that also makes them liars.

• Because they're hypocrites that's why. I'm for gender equality, but if these women think that they can get rights without responsibilities, then I have no sympathy for them.

There's nothing for free in this world. If women want it, they have to prove their worth first.

• Perhaps because many leading feminists hate men and masculinity?

• If masculinity means that women should be treated less then I think it is right to be hated.

• You did not get my point.
      You're embarrassing yourself, my God.

• You assumed that masculinity means women being treated as less. That is illogical. There are no connections between masculinity and the treatment of women. However you are using this as justification to hate masculinity.

• Because feminists hate men?

• Probably because a lot of feminists hate men for having penises

• because they hate us

• For good reasons.

• Because feminists enact laws that vastly fuck over men and they play victim roles when they're not even victims.

• Same reason why white people don't understand black lives matter, they were never black so how can they relate. I was never a woman so when she tell me she's a victim and that it hard for her, from my perspective I don't see that cause I think women have it pretty easy, but then again I have never been a woman.

• because most problems in the western world are a direct result of feminism.

• Because they are dumb. They are indoctrinated (you probably have no idea what that means, but probably know all sort of feminist terminilogy, which is my point).

And they literally don't care that they are both dumb and indoctrinated. They still want that easy life and free shit.

• Because it's a movement disguised as an equal rights movements but in reality trying to make women superior.
    I'm sure there are some good feminists out there, but I'd rather fight for equality as an egalitarian.

• Because a few feminists give feminsm a bad name. They are oversensitive and act like they are BETTER than men, instead of equal. If you treat all women with the same respect as men, you are a feminist. You dont need to go overboard

• Yes yes we do

• Because (and you probably don't know this because you're under18) feminism doesn't mean what you think it means.

It's like how someone can claim to be a peacemaker, but if you see them kicking the crap out of people every day, you know they are not peaceful, no matter how often they say it.

Feminists claimed (in the start) to be about womens rights and equality. But their actions quickly showed otherwise. And then the REAL kicker, was that the women who called themselves feminists but didn't act like man-hating cows, did not denounce the feminists who acted this way. And thereby gave their tacit and implied support.

This eventually culminated in a backlash against feminism, and the new generation of girls who thought feminism followed its dictionary definition, didn't understand why they were walking into a world where the word feminist was met with such scorn and derision.

I'd suggest you get acquainted with the history of your feminist movement, and see how these people really act and have acted in the past. You will then understand the hatred, and understand how someone can be pro-women, pro womens rights, pro-equality and still say feminists are evil c-nts.

My personal favourite example is Erin Pizzey, the woman who invented the domestic shelter for battered and abused women. She is a proper heroine, and girls the world over should look up to her.

However, when she found out the high percentage of men who suffered abuse at the hands of women, she tried to start up a home for these battered men. (As anyone who was for equality could understand.)

How did the feminists react?
    They burned it to the ground and sent death threats to Erin. I'm not kidding. It's history. Look it up.

When feminists do this sort of thing, and get to keep calling themselves feminists, it quickly drags the entire movement into the sewer. And when you have 30 years of feminists acting like this, they get the name feminazi's.

And when you have lived through 30 years of this shit, it's a little annoying to see (every 7 years or so) a new batch of teenage girls get politically active, call themselves feminists and then wonder why there's so much hatred of their group.

Educate yourselves. The movement existed long before you, and some really horrible shit has been done in its name. So learn more about those you're choosing to associate yourself with.

• I will research more. I know what the dictionary definition of Feminism is and that's what I follow. Do u think the 'good ' Feminists can make the movement better?
      Because honestly I fail to find anything wrong with the idea of equality.

• There's nothing wrong with equality. But if you identify with a feminist you'll find yourself in the same sort of position as someone who calls themselves a Nazi, and says "Yes Hitler was a bad guy, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the tenets of social nationalism."

Calling yourself a feminist puts you in the same group as a lot of really sucky people.

Today, if you want to be for equal rights, there are other organisations which do not have the same tarnished reputation as feminists. I would suggest you join one of them. And learn about Egalitarianism, Equalism, Humanism, and even Motherism. There are options out there.

• If someone beat you in the face with a club would you still like them?

• How many women have beaten you lol?

• Yes I do, why are you being condenscending?

• I'm not. You just don't seem to understand what I was saying, is all.

• What is there to love about it? If you really look at it, feminism doesn't do anything in 2016 other than complain about dumb shit like the air conditioning is sexist. Lol what has feminism achieved in the last 5 years? Ooh I know manspreading. lmao

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 12

• What men may dislike is not so much feminism (which any self respecting person, man or woman should fight for) but feminazis - who try to get their feminism points across while vocalizing hate and their own biases towards men.

• Men don't usually hate normal feminists, they hate the creepy looking radical ones who want female supremacy.

• Because they focus the extremists and think every feminist is like that.

• Not all the men hate feminism.

• because the recent wave of feminism is pure evil. however, sargon explains it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQQyxkPNaow

• Only men who want to dominate hate them because they don't like equality between sexes.

• ^ This is exactly why men dislike the 21st century feminist. If I disagree with your point of view you automatically label me a misogynist. With a response like that, it is clearly no longer about equality. You are promoting an us-verse-them mindset, which does nothing to strengthen support for what true feminism is about.

• because some feminists are too extreme.

• Can Feminism be blamed for those bad apples?

• thats just what I think. I'm a feminist too, and I totally can't blame some women to be extreme feminists. Some of them got enough reasons, and history shows that it often needs some extreme feminists. there is a reason why these extrem feminists exist. Without a group of extrem feminists, there would still be no voting right for women.

• I'm watching a video

• I think they are afraid to accept women as their equals and in some cases their superiors. We are all people with our own day of abilities. In most cases it shouldn't matter but it's society

• I'm a female and I hate the nazi new age feminism.

• because they dont understand What it really is

• Oh boy, you just opened up a can of worms with that question..