Do you consider yourself more logical or more emotional (see description)?

Obviously, we are all a bit of both but what I'm asking here is what tends to drive your behaviours, decisions, opinions and attitudes more.

Are you more driven by your emotions or by logical thinking?

Do you tend to react quickly or form opinions based on your emotional responses or based on a deliberate thought process?

Personally, I lean more toward logical, because I tend to push aside the initial emotional response and consider pros and cons and different outcomes.

• Logical
  • Emotional

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to shooting for an OBJECTIVE "best" outcome -- e. g., making business decisions, where the ultimate goals are short-term profit and long-term networking -- I'm generally more on the "rational" side.

But...
    When it comes to *making myself happy*, I am absolutely emotion-driven.
    I learned this the hard way, more or less -- the few times I tried to "reason out" what would give me the greatest pleasure/happiness/fulfillment, I ended up unhappy and wishing I'd chosen other options.
    Whereas going with my gut has pretty much paid consistent dividends in life.

The research bears this out, by the way: Intuitive/"gut" ("affective") decision-making is VASTLY superior to rational/reasoned ("deliberative") decision-making, at least when it comes to choices that have any significant degree of complexity.
    This article mentions a few key pieces of that research:
    www.wired.com/.../

What Guys Said 18

• I'm more emotional, and that's something I really HATE about myself. Of course, I prioritise logic over emotions when it matters the most, but my emotions are way higher than what I would prefer.

• Humans are emotionally driven creatures more so than we are logically driven. This is apparent in Harvey Harlow's experiments. How did Harlow go about constructing his science of love? He separated infant monkeys from their mothers a few hours after birth, then arranged for the young animals to be “raised” by two kinds of surrogate monkey mother machines, both equipped to dispense milk. One mother was made out of bare wire mesh. The other was a wire mother covered with soft terry cloth. Harlow’s first observation was that monkeys who had a choice of mothers spent far more time clinging to the terry cloth surrogates, even when their physical nourishment came from bottles mounted on the bare wire mothers. This suggested that infant love was no simple response to the satisfaction of physiological needs. Attachment was not primarily about hunger or thirst. It could not be reduced to nursing.

This is also visible when we buy things. Take buying a new car for instance. We'll want the new car and than come up with reasons as to why we should buy it. The emotional decision is made first, than we back it up with logic.

• Logical. I score 95%+ on psychopathy scales which simply means that I have calloused unemotional traits (don't really feel emotions like others) and that I am relatively highly impulsive.

• Logical. The only time I let my emotions lead is when it comes to family or just people that I really really care about, the rest is completely logical.

I think we have a problem today where we put emotions and feelings before logic.

• definitely more logical

• Definitely logical, although i'm not as emotionally vacant as blue anon 18-24

• My initial response is already based on logic, so even if I follow it, it's not purely emotional just because it was a first thought.

But, I think it varies, and depends on the days. Some days I'm more emotional than others

• Emotions must be tested by logic.

• I don't have a vagina or ovaries so I'm definitely more logical.

• Logical!!

• Emotionally driven some of the time.

• Logical, all 0s and 1s :D

• Very logically driven

• Was yr recent car purchase "logically driven"?

• @redeyemindtricks Yeah it was. I crunched the numbers and had anticipated the outcome of two different possible scenarios. Each of which would benefit me financially given the circumstances and situation I have.

• Hm yeah, I guess you drive for a rideshare service (I hope you're pinching off clients and negotiating with them yrself after the first time, btw) so there might be more rationality than normal there.

Do read the link in my opinion, though. If you make the mistake of trying to choose yr life partner too "rationally", you just may make yrself miserable as fuck.

• I am pure fucking logic. And it's ironic that the minority of women think that they are emotional. They are probably the most logical ones.

• Both

• I find it amusing 60% of the girls say logical, knowing it's statistically very unlikely.

• definitely more logical.. I've learned a really hard lesson.. the lesson is to use my brain to think, not my heart or my penis

What Girls Said 19

• Depends on the situation, if it's a life or death situation then I'm logical and work fast to fix/save.

If it's nothing serious and I do an automatic reaction to it, then it tends to be more emotional.

• I often get caught up in my emotions but sometimes I try to catch myself, step back and think more logically. In retrospect I wish it worked more often than it does.

• Logical. Like when my friends bitch i can't handle it. When people talk a lot i can't handle it. Like get straight to the point stop going around in circles. I also realize emotions can be helpful but illogical most of time so i dont make decisions based off a feeling. But that being said im female so im emotional wether i like it or not.

• i am a damn emotional person >:( >:(

• In some cases I'm more logical and in other cases I'm more emotional. It just depends on the situation.

• Logical

• There was a time when I was emotional, for last some years I changed my self after efforts and now more logical.

• decision making always involves emotions. That's just how the human brain functions lol

• Very emotional

• Definitely more emotional but I wish I was more logical!

• more logical but emotional when needed

• I'm both and it depends on the situation.

• Both, my emotions are largely unmoving though. Desires generally make my decisions.

• Logic makes sense in most situations, but I use emotions in situations when i need it.

• Logical. Emotions make people do stupid things.

• I'm more emotional.

• Im a mixture of both. I take everything into consideration.

• Emotional.
    Unless someone is hurt or freaking out and I need to calm them down, That's when I go logical.
    I also make logical decisions when it comes to money.

• Emotional. I am infp personality