Did Jesus ever live?

Or is it a foolish myth?

watch ;

Dont insult your brain , I expect logical answer not "yeah i believe"

Most Helpful Girl

• Prior stance to watching the video is the same as my stance after watching the video.
    I'm aware that the consensus among historians is that Jesus probably existed. But I've viewed the supposed evidence for his existence and it is pretty flimsy. The excerpts by Tacitus, Pliny the Younger and Josephus do not have much validity considering that they lived long after the death of the supposed historical Jesus and are kind of biased in nature.
    The Romans were also pretty good record keepers, yet there are little to no records of this person who threatened Roman rule in Jerusalem at that point in time.

However, I'm willing to change my view in the event that new evidence is presented.

What Girls Said 15

• I believe he did.

• I believe in the fact that he existed *as a person*, but I don't believe that he is the son of God.

• Yes Jesus exist and yes he walked the earth. He has been to many places as stated in the Bible and in ancient history as well. There have been many ancient artwork, tablets, and artifacts that have stated this for a long time. The problem with people is that they expect evidence of everything about God. When in fact God already knew about us and the future generation eons ago. That's why he stated that man says in his heart: "There is no God..."

However I do not listen to everything they claim on the media. I do not believe anything they say, because all of it is scripted and the scholars knows he has and still existed. They are lying. These people sold themselves out and it is a battle for people's minds. They know exactly what they are doing, and are nothing more then mind controlled puppets. That is all I am going to say.

• Its not a foolish myth. People are free to believe in whatever they want to. It may not be a fact, but it is faith.

• Hard to tell a good 2000 years AD but I believe he did exist. Whether he was actually the son of 'God' or just a hippie on weed is debatable though.

• Was there even weed back then 😂

• But jesus was there even if it's not relgiously we have him in historic books

• @Omar5881 Jesus is not someone mentioned in historical records.

• Well, I am a Christian and I believe in everything in Heaven. One little video isn't going to surpass me from believing in Jesus. I believe that video information is false.

• Lol how do you know what if your belief is false? You cannot easily call some claims "false" if you are not able to confute

• It isn't false. True, but I disagree to watch these ridiculous videos on saying that. It's just what I believe in and I'm not changing it.

• I believe he did.

• Yes i believe he did, regardless of what everyone says. No one was able to prove that the bible was wrong. No one is able to say wise things like how Jesus did.

• before showing how ignorant you are at least i wish you watched the fucking video

• Well, the Romans, Jews, ethiopians and even egyptians have writtings of him. So its safe to say he did.

• as a atheist I agree with the video. We will never know unless he ever you know

"Shows himself to us again."

*shrugs*

• He exists, he was a classmate of mine, he was called "Chucho."

• He did exist, whether he is our savior or not is debated

• I believe that he did in fact live on this earth.

• You should watch the movie God Is Not Dead 2, it would answer your doubts with scientific facts (:

• Scientifict facts are clear to say new testament is bullshit before giving advice to me why didn't you watch the video?

• yes he did

What Guys Said 19

• Yoshua was a common name back then in Israel and there were many rabbis preaching. Thus we can be pretty sure there were many rabbis named Yoshua 2000 years ago.
    Did any one of them do what the Bible describes? Only the Bible speaks about him.
    A few contemporary writers wrote a few words about a sect named 'Chrestians' or so.
    Not one of them mentions Jesus. He's only mentioned generations later.
    Some manuscripts have been altered to add his name.

• Not sure whether there was such an individual. Of course his name wouldn't of actually been 'Jesus' since there is no 'J' in Hebrew or Latin. Which were the languages of the time. His name would of been Yeshua. The letter 'J' is a modern letter.
    Also the 'Jesus' story isn't original. Horus and Mythra have the exact same story, and they're far older religions..., the story has been copied many times.

So did such a person exist? Maybe.
    Was he a god? Extremely improbable. (Not likely).

• Uh yeah there's historical evidence to prove his existence, in addition to that most if not all historians religious and none religious alike accept his existence. You can research and find old letters referencing him as well as accounts of his crucifixion among other things like his deeds.

Was he a real flesh and blood person: Yes

Is he the son of God: for me yes he is, I believe he is but you and others may not and that's fine to.

Also it's not a silly myth, people are free to believe in whatever they want to believe in. There's a actual religion that worships the force and Jedi called the church of the force lol while it may be rather silly they can believe in it if they want to. Just like people can believe the one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater is real if they want to.

• Your update... It's your fault for how you phrased your question. They gave an answer that fits perfectly for the question you asked.

Virtually all actual historians accept there was a man named Jesus who was a prophet that started a cult. I don't consider David Fitzgerald a historian. He's just an author who's super hardcore atheist. Plus there are documents and letters that weren't written to long after Jesus' death that reference him. i. e. Mara-Bar's letter that references three guys being crucified with one being claimed as the wise king of the jews.

So at the very least he's that and at the most he's the son of God. But he did exist.

• Which historians do they accept that Jesus like in the new testament did live? In talmud it is not clear there were many Jesus (yeshua) in the whole jewish history.

• I don't believe so, although many mythicist claims are just as flawed as the historicists claims I do not believe that they meet the minimum claims necessary for historicity.
    I believe Jesus started off as a celestial being only revealed by special revelation (or hallucination) after which time he was later historicized like so many other dying and rising savior gods in the region.

• Yes. In fact, He never died.

• I believe that he's still alive as-well

• So clear who is idiot , to be happy rejecting the truth but accepting the lie ahahaha

• To reject a truth so obvious, you must sit upon strove of evidence I've yet to consider. Please enlighten me.

• So basically your here to shit on other peoples beliefs...
    Congrats... here's a cookie...
    s2.quickmeme.com/.../...fbbb40f6728abbb01aa4db.jpg
    People will believe what they want to believe and I can respect that. But you can't prove that he doesn't exist either... and don't fucking say you can because you'd be lying... I want tangible proof not fucking wikipedia page theories.

People trying to shit on others beliefs... fucking low man and want to use the word 'logic' in this discussion without giving proof yourself lol. People these days. Sincerely a non-christian that doesn't like pompous bull shit.

• I don't know there weren't any well kept historical records at the time.
    Jesus could be just an imaginary character based on someone else and his "magical" actions being misinterpreted and over-exaggerated in order to deify him.
    If he did exist I do not believe that he was the son of God but perhaps a prophet, like Moses before him.

• Considering the bible tells us that adam and eve were the first humans ever... and since we know pretty much that its not true

Id say if one thing is fake, its all fake. The book of god can't have even one thing that could be challenged, let alone actually disprove

• as a jew, im led to believe that he did, but that he was not what the christians/catholics believe he was. I'm however, agnostic, so I question the existence of god, which in course, makes me question the idea of christ living as well. I guess you could say im a bit of a walking paradox then. there's no point in asking questions like this though, since noone will ever know, so why ask?

• My personal opinion is Jesus Christ was a person. He did exist. Was he the son of God? No.

• yes he did exist..

you dont have to believe the bible to think so; his life is documented outside of the bible as well

• Of course he did. he'll return one day.

• Yup, He's real.

• Prove salah el din , prove ceaser , prove cleopatra, etc there is historical proofs OP

• I have read that there are quite a few historical accounts of him, from ancient Rome and elsewhere.

• He did and he'll shall return.

• It is a fact that he lived.

• Yes. I've seen him.