How to tell someone you are pregnant?

hi
well i will start by saying i am 6 weeks pregnant but i have not told the father yet as i do not know how to tell him.

so people how would you tell the father if you had an unplanned pregnancy any ideas

Most Helpful Girl

• If you freeze up and can't do it, then how do you two normally talk about things?
    And over dinner, somewhere private definitely is best and just straight to the point. If you don't know him well, prepare for him to lash out and blame you, but it's half his fault - know that. If you do know him, then just know that he has a right to know. And it's best you do it sooner than later.
    But if you find you really can't just "say it", then perhaps write it down for yourself, prepare a script, and practice, or even read it to him if you have to.

• we have been together for 3 years and when we have issues we write it down on the issues pad we have in the bedroom so we know what we have to work on but i think telling him in person is best with this type of news

• thank you very much

• Thank you <3

What Guys Said 10

• Over dinner "I'm pregnant will you please pass the potatoes?"

• Fart and a it was the baby 😂

• How do you think he will take it? Why have you not just told him already?

• i am scared he will not want the baby and leave me to raise the baby on my own

• Congratulations! Glad to hear it!

• awwww thank you now the hard part starts having the baby lol

• first congratulations
    second is he the father be sure
    third tell him when he is happy not angry or tired

• first thank you very much and second i am 100% he is the father he is the only guy i have done it with and we have been together for 3 years and third i do not know how to tell him as i do not know if he will even want the baby

• lol i will think about it but no promises ok

• hhhh thanks

• In person and talk about it over dinner or lunch or whatever

• Simple, tell him you are pregnant.

• Haha just walk past him like in that commercial and say, "I'm pregnant" and keep walking :-)

• You should go to Planned Parenthood.

• punch yourself but stop at the last second

raise a single eyebrow

• Get him a world's best Dad mug

What Girls Said 12

• Just be straightforward. "I'm pregnant."

• but i am not very good at talking about things like this i would probably freeze up and just not say anything

• erm thanks i think

• Get a large box, fill it with pink and blue balloons, and write "I love you (insert his name here)" on the box. Have him open it and watch for his reaction. I hope it's one of excitement.

• i hope so too but this is an unplanned baby so i am very scared of telling him

• First congratulations
    Second, if you have been together for 3 years, and are living together, you are practically married. The paperwork doesn't change much.. so having a baby sooner or later is part of the equation...
    Just tell him, if he cares the least about you, he will be supportive..
    Good luck :)

• i hope so but it is the reaction i am scared about the most and the possibility he may not want the baby

• i know yay and thank you for being understanding and helping me

• You are welcome :)

• I don't understand all the rude and unempathetic, and "jokes" in the comments. Guys/gals that isn't funny she's asking for help about something.

You should decide in advance when you're going to tell your boyfriend, where you're going to tell him, and what you're going to say. Please just communicate with him. I wish you the best. And congratulations! 💜💜

• thank you very much and i did notice rude and unempathetic, comments but i just focused on the nice ones trying to help like you are and the reason i have not told him yet is i am scared of his reaction and that he may not want the baby

• Yeah Id love to hear how it goes.

• well he asked me about the pad an hour ago and i just told him and lets say i did not get the reaction i was expecting

• ssy you think you're pregnant and you're about to take a test. Then text him back 10 minutes later and say you are lol

• Just be like hey baby we're having a baby.
    There's no way to put it that will make him take it less hard. And you never know, maybe he'll be happy?

• i hope he is happy as we have been together 3 years and i love him i am just scared he may not want the baby

• That's great! Wish you all the luck on starting a family.

• aww thank you very much

• Lol I have to have sex to get pregnant... perks of being a virgin!!!😆 On a serious note I would just sit my mom down and let her know what happened.

• lol but i am asking how to tell the father of the baby i am pregnant not my mother

• Great! Don't worry babies are always great news!

• i know yay

• "Hey I'm pregnant, it's yours" *give time to process* done!

• but i am a shy person and i do not think i could be able to just come out and say it to him

• Congratulations

• aww thank you now we just need to figure out how to tell our family's lol

• Hey... Im pregnant and you're my baby daddy.

• but i do not know what to say or if he even wants kids yet

• Please just listen.

• ok i am all ears

• Lol you answered your own question

• how did i answer my own question

• I think you should make it a special announcement rather than just bring it up casually if that's what you were planning on doing. Make it big, its probably your first child? It should be special for the whole family

• what do you mean probably my first child i know it is my first child and this pregnancy is unplanned so i do not think he will be happy about it

• Find a time to talk to him in person.

• that may be a bit hard as we are not talking at the moment

• Oh, okay. Then perfect, lol. Just talk to him, no matter what may be the issue, this is more important. It might not be easy, but it's necessary.

• but i do not know what to say and i do not know if he will even want the baby