At what age does the physical appearance of a person become less important in being attracted to someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Always to me, I want to be married early to mid twenties and she's got to be very attractive or cute like 7-8 range looks wise, cute face and slim skinny build are musts. Yeah wrinkles will happen but I'll still love her and of course a woman will gain some weight however I really can't stand fat, or even chubby in girls so I plan to make sure I have a girl who loves to run with me. I run miles most every other day, I think everyone should. So I simply will never let looks stop mattering. Doesn't make me shallow makes me honest. You respect your partner more if they look the part you want, period.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might in the forties and up, but I am not so sure. I'm not pretty at all, and guys my own age have never been attracted to me. I was hoping that would change as I got older, but I will be 30 in a month and guys my age still aren't attracted to me. Guys in their 40s have told me I am attractive though. Now, I don't know if it's because they want someone ten years younger, or if they are sincere. I'm honestly thinking it's my age that makes me attractive to them, and not me. They want a young girl otherwise why aren't they going for women their age? Anyway, I just go for guys in their 40's.

• You don't know you aren't good looking, it is just your opinion. It could be coincidental ie guys in their 40s or you may be mature for your age and they may be attracted to a mature 30 year old

• No, people tell me all the time I am ugly. I would never have thought otherwise until people kept telling me. In my opinion, I am average looking with pretty eyes. A lot of girls tell me I look like a man with boobs and long hair...

• don't listen to them probably just jealous

What Guys Said 19

• I'd say it's more gender than age based, guys need to get a stiffy. Girls are generally more forgiving in terms of physical appearance.

• i think late 20's

• Never mattered

• Hopefully ASAP hahaha

• Don't put yourself down! :)

• Haha, I'll try but I'm just realistic. I'm probably better to talk to than to look at :)

• That's your subjective view, doesn't mean it is a fact, anyway most prefer personality to looks

• 21 for females men get better looking with time

• I'm not convinced it every will. My perception of "looking good" will always change but being attracted to the women will always be important.

• The wall usually hits women hard around age 30. Men tend to age like wine, while women age like milk.

• Depends on the person.

• At age 37. Science!!

• 25 and up, most guys are balding and or getting fat by this point. I've been balding since I was 21

• When they get to about 30, they stop giving a shit about looking good for their beta chump.

For me, it's whenever age related blindness kicks in.

• When you're not stupid anymore

• Always, I will have to like a girl to be with her, but I do like all kinds of girls, so...

• I wanna say never, if my life is any evidence.

• in your 60s. most people look awful by then anyways.

• when a person matures and stops putting so much stock into superficial things..

people mature differently

• The moment people realize they no longer have the pulling power they once had is when they change their stance on this issue.

I notice women in their thirties who aren't tied down with children become increasingly more desperate.

• I've noticed this too! :)

• Yes it's very common and that's why the mantra "play the field while you're young and settle down later on" stems from.

If a majority of older people still had the same pulling power at 35 like they did when they were 21 then I doubt we'd see so many marriages and so many long-term relationships.

• Lol girls pretend to prefer personality but they are actually ones who have more standards in looks than men

• Never, unless you're really lonely.

What Girls Said 2

• I feel like after you've dealt with enough ass holes that's when you start looking for the nice guy and personality comes before looks this happened for me in my early 20s

• Probably around 30 though I know some guys who are my age and already look crappy as hell so it depends on the individual a lot.

• Oh sorry I think I kinda got the question wrong, I still think it depends a lot on the individual. Personally I think looks will always matter to an extent but my standards might change.