Are you afraid of heights?

Are you afraid of heights?
Yesterday I was traveling to Wisconsin so that I can zip line there. News flash: I am terrified of heights. No really, like the throwing up and fainting kind. So I went zip lining so that I can get rid of my fear, but yet after doing so, I am still afraid of heights, maybe its the thought of pain if I fall (like I would be smashed tomatoes). Next off, I am sky diving with my best friend and I don't want to run from it but at the same time I do.
For those who are not afraid of heights, how do you do it? Any tips are welcome :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be, remember having this fear when I was a kid, overcame this later on after rappelling and it was gone completely. It might be present but it would go away quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, I'd really want to try bungee jump sometime. I saw people doing that at a music festival this Summer, and it looked amazing. I think you should keep doing things that are a bit out of your comfort zone, as long as you're not extremely uncomfortable with it of course :) If you challenge yourself and your fears, you will probably get over them at some point.

What Guys Said 22

• Yessss I do. I don't know just gotta get on the ladder and do shit. I still have it.
    Most deaths of heights are from less than 10 feet I believe aka a ladder lol

• No. I actually like heights xD

• So, how do you do it? Were ypu ever fearful of heights? If so, how id you get rid off it?

• Throwing shade at an innocent 16 year old, *gasp* lol 😜

I went zip lining in Tennessee around 3 years ago though, I'm ready for the adventure woot woot

• @Littlett25 *looks around* Are you talking to me? Lol
      I would never do that lol. But you sure sound like good company to travel with :)

• No, I'm not. If you're scared, why do it? If I fall off, then I'm going to die instantaneously once I hit the ground 93.827% of the time. So if that's the case, what's the point in being scared? It won't hurt long enough for me to feel it. YODO!

• Did you read the description box? I do it to get rid off the fear of heights.

But your mentally is the same. I rather die than survive and feel pain lol

• I skipped over the "not really" part and read the "like throwing up and fainting" part 😅

• yes i am, very afraid of heights, sometimes my head starts spinning when im standing at a height and see down

• Lol same!!! That happened to me. I felt like throwing up when I was all the way up top

• im not really scared of heights but i have a healthy fear about it. i think thats good so won't do stupid things. also i like having a fear and then doing it anyway, that makes it more awesome.

• yes I am x_x

• I dont know but uncomfortable anyway.

• Not really,

• So is that a yes not really or a no not really?

• Thats a no unless its really extreme, like a several story drop with no guard rails while really close to the edge

• I am good with heights - Just keep going for it, don't let it stop you - Sky diving is epic - Freefalling before chute opens is amazing

• I'm really , makes me dizzy

• You cannot help it. That fear cannot be conquered. It is something natural.

• Can you manage standing on a 6 feet tall stool in the middle of a room without holding on to anything?

• Neither can I. As much as I try. So it is not the fear of dying. Its just the fear of falling.

• HELL NO, sky diving , planes, wing suit's pure adrenaline

• Have you done all that?

• Dude!!! That's fucking awesome!!! One day I will do those things

Plus, I see your pic, are you part of anonymous?

• I am a hacker, i don't show my face nor do i let anyone see it. Yes Anonymous

I wear cycling sun glasses everywhere i go, i like keep it on the DL

• That second picture is scary tho.

• I'm afraid of tall women.

• If I'm more than like 4' off the ground I freak out.

• Nope I love heights

• yeap big time, more like fear of falling than heights

• God I'm jealous

• I'm pretty sure a fear of heights is more intelligence than anything haha, if I'm walking around on my roof or something or on scaffolding a lot I get used to it and it's not a huge deal. Certain things like that bridge, one missed step/trip on a platform you can very easily have any sort of minor stumble, goodluck have fun on the way down haha.

• No cuz I'm not a pussy.

• yes and that makes me afraid of myself because im a height myself!

• I was tell I went on a aitidepressent/aintiexiaity drug then I was fine with them

What Girls Said 17

• Yes.

I know how it happened as a child and what caused it.

- I get extremely dizzy and start panicking if I'm up high. (I'd say anything above about 6 feet from below my feet level).

I CAN get through it, but the amount of energy it takes to overcome it, leaves me pretty exhausted.

• I'm not afraid of heights as long as I'm securely strapped into something, like a zipline or a rollercoaster or something. If I'm like at somewhere really high and I'm looking over a ledge or something though that makes me so scared. But I just enjoy what's happening and know that I'm not going to fall because I'm securely strapped in so there's nothing to be scared about. :)

• I'm only scared of heights if there's actually a possibility of me falling. If I'm safe behind a fence or if I have sturdy gear that'll keep me from falling (such as when zip lining) then I'm not scared. A bit nervous maybe, like my feet and hands will tingle a bit. But there's no point in feeling scared if I'm safe.
    Sky diving is different though since I actually have to rely on another person for my safety, and somehow that feels more unsafe than trusting a fence or some gear.

• So you went sky diving before? Does that feel worse than a roller coaster?

• No, this is just how I feel about it. I think roller coasters are a piece of cake, so of course sky diving will be worse since you're essentially falling.

• Oh god. Now I'm more scared lol

• I am afraid of heights. I have to close my eyes and tightly hold on when on a roller coaster

• I'm not afraid of heights but there are things that are just plain stupid. Making out on a train track right next to the ledge is an example.

• I'm so afraid of heights but I also love facing my fear with it. I love the adrenaline rush of it all. I think my actual fear is that I could fall from that height and get hurt, so that's what actually makes me scared. I'd love to go skydiving and bungee jumping, and many other things that deal with heights.

• Nope, not really. However, zip lining would still be freaky, haha.

• Yeah I'm kinda afraid of heights but I'd still find rooftops just for killer shots

• Yeah I do get scared. I start to feel as if everything is falling face forward / spins and so on

• Terrified

• Nope I'm not, and how are you liking Wisconsin (it's where I'm from)?

• It was epic!! Definitely goinf back next year.

But I'm home already (Chicago).
      Oh really, so where did you move to?

• So did you like chicago? I would've ride on a sagway to tour the city.

by the way have you tried our infamous deep dish pizza? Soooo delish

• My family did a double decker bus tour, we walked around, saw the bean (cloud), tried the pizza. It was fun, I don't really remember all the stuff we did though.

• nope I love big heights

• Kinda but not so much. I have been in some REALLY high places.

• Nope I used to bungee jump at the fair

• No I love them

• some people will always be afraid of heights, spiders and many other things. I've tried everything to overcome my fear (phobia) of heights and nothing works. my legs are still shaking whenever I look downstairs, through the window and so on. I just have the feeling that I will fall down and probably break all my bones or eventually die.

• Nope