Does Abercrombie only hire hot people?

i was thinking of applying for an interview there... But I don't want to embarrass myself if everyone's going to be good looking. I'm alright facially, but kinda short and average weight. Should I even bother applying?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's how it has been for a LONG time, but due to public pressure that policy may not be in effect anymore, so go ahead and apply there!

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of retail companies weigh looks heavily when it comes to the hiring of employees. You have to fit a certain 'look' that they want their brand to follow. For some places that means you have to wear specific makeup, clothes, hair styled a certain way.

The best thing to do is put your best foot forward. Check out the store beforehand. See if you can casually talk to some employees there. Find out what it's like to work there and what types of stuff they look for. If it's a chain, go to a few of their stores. Check out what they are wearing, how their hair is styled. Pick a trendy, yet appropriate for an interview outfit. Practice interview questions and just be prepared. That's the best you can do.

It doesn't matter if you are skinny, overweight or average weight. I've seen all types of people working in stores. Sure, some stores are particularly picky. But most will be happy to find someone who is going to be a good employee.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 16

• I think they overlook height if you're exceptionally pretty (I've seen some REALLY hot shorties in there) but i doubt they compromise on weight, especially the US "average" which is what 165lbs?

• Haha well I live in the Uk, but yeah I've never seen anyone not skinny work there

• Oh wow, they've only got one store here up the west end i think? So your're facing a huge number of very attractive competition for a job there.

I'd try Michael Kors (best looking women i've seen in a shop period) but more stores to chance it with.

• nah, i dont think so. just look at their CEO, ugly as fuck.
    https://i.imgur.com/vkx9Nfe.jpg

• I have heard that rumour but I have no idea if this is true or not. I would apply anyway if they think that way it is their loss because they lose many good potential job applicants by doing this.

• Yeah thanks, I'll apply anyway and see what's happens... I'm just apprehensive of them laughing at me or something

• Abercrombie will hire anyone. It's Fitch who hates ugly people.

• That was the case in the past but ceased to be a year ago:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7135880

• Maybe that's the 'official' policy, but I still go in there and only see good looking people.

• I think they do, since Abercerombie and Fitch are preppy garbage so you have to look good.

I'm not applying for anything like that.

• Yes so apply and then Sue them for emotional damages, claim depression or suicidal thoughts cause of the trauma they can't prove it's not true

• They only hire attractive people in higher end retail like that.

• Nope. They tend to hire skinny girls though...

• When I go there all their female employees are skinny, tall and pretty

• Well like I said they tend to hire skinny girls. I've never been in the store, but I have met a number of skinny girls that worked there in college. Most of them were not that good looking... but they were skinny...

• most likely

• I smashed a girl that worked there. She wasn't that hot

• Was she working in the stockroom then

• It's not that I'm underconfident and more that I'm realistic. I'm average looking and the girls there are way above average

• Message me a picture of yourself. I'll give you honest feedback

• Abercrombie? The f*ck is that? See I work for a higher end retail called Ted Baker.

• Don't even bother.

• I dunno. At this point it could just be one guy who said that on a bunch of forums. Cheaper.

• i think it's worth trying

• Nope don't bother applying with that attitude guuuuurl!!!

After you look into the mirror!!! Say I'm hot AF, I can totally work at Abercrombie, they'd be lucky to have me.

Then you can apply!!!

An no they do not btw!

• They don't discriminate based on looks? Pretty sure they do

• i guess kinda!! But if you actually add to there store sales in some form based off your resume... I'm sure you're good lol.

But yeah, I guess you're right! It's usually pretty attractive in there.

• The thing is they don't even ask for your CV nor do they care about job experience... I'm pretty sure it's just looks

What Girls Said 8

• Tbh I never found the people working for Abercrombie in general we're all straight out hot & stunners. A friend of mine is modelling for them though and he's really handsome, but then again he's modelling not standing at the counter lol

• hmmm. Well, i worked at Abercombie in college for a year. I dont think im particularly hot and I didn't find the people I worked with hot. I think they just needed people to tolerate the horrible ass cologne and perfume they used to " lure" people in the store. Plus they hire clicks as well.

• They want people who fit their image. If you think Abercrombies image is hot, then yes they only hire hot people.

• Yes I doubt any girl weighs more than 120 lbs and any guy doesn't have a six pack.

• You have to be fairly attractive. Don't they usually approach you though, at least that's what I've heard.

• I think you can be approached, but it's not necessary to go in for an interview

• You won't know until you try

• Yeah, I have seen their employees. Everyone looks good.

• Of course