Can you really like someone without ever seeing how they look like?

So online thing basically.
I don't think I can.
I can develop crushes but nothing more than that maybe.
I would need to hear their voice and see how they actually are.

For example, my sister is really cheerful and funny in person but when I am talking to her through text messages, she sounds completely opposite.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that chatting online, maybe with someone you met here, talking privately, and getting to know who they are, and liking them, as who they are, is the best way to see if you are really hung up on looks, rather than the person, like some want to believe!!
    I wan to believe that looks are secondary to who she is, and how we share interests, and like each other. Of the three I have met, and chatted with, two decided looks were more important. The third, well, the jury is still out, on that one. . .
    I think a lot of people are too restricted in what they are looking for! They seem to want a certain body type, or forget it!!
    But if you like someone, her personality, the way you chat, and share interests, why does it matter so much?
    Nobody is perfect, and I am more than happy with a woman that I like, but she is a little chubby, a little 'Muffin top' or small breasts! I think it is more about how you feel, as 'companions' than such simple, little body issues!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Agreed.
    I don't believe in those online things.
    That's just a good way to get to know people from different places, how they live, that's all. It only matters as long as it feeds my curiosity.
    Only texting can do nothing at least there must be video chat to get a little more seriously interested.

What Guys Said 16

• I don't think I can but it happens to the online daters. That is what catfishing is all about.

• It can happen if you talk long enough. Eventually, all their habits will be transferred into the texts. You'll figure it out by the way they speak, the words they use/expressions, etc.

You can easily get feelings just from that. Of course at least some pictures should be traded.

• By falling in love with their personality and heart, people used to fall in love only after a few days of knowing each other, reason being is they were themselves and didn't try to pose as someone their not and there wasn't much society pressure nor messed up views on subjects, yeah there was still messed up things, but back in the medieval times and pioneer days and such things were more simple and relationships usually lasted longer. But it is possible to fall for someone without ever meeting somwone

• yeah I think you can like someone without seeing them because love is blind, sometimes we love with our hearts and not eyes.

• That's why yenno... video chat and voice chat exists. At least a media message :3

• I cannot. Looks r essential

• No lol. Gatta see what they look like.

• maybe

• Kinda. I had a long convo with someone online but it went nowhere in the end.

• Well, I had that with one girl. She accidentally ran into me one day at a Subway, and then preceded to tell me she didn't want anything to do with me anymore literally moments after over text.
    So, no.

• Like? Sure. A crush? Nope. Not for me anyway. I have to see who I'm chatting with.

• i dont think so. people can easily lie to you, or use you over the internet.

• Definitely, but looks play a major part in how we react to another person.

• Yeah, but times come when you really want to see your partner. Pics, Skype these things help a lot.

• No, because she might be black.

• almost yes because her physical appearance is just as important as knowing her personality. if your talking about crushing etc

What Girls Said 4