Who here still has a land line?

I still use a home phone.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I have the equivalent of a land line. I use Ooma. It has a free level so I could be using it for free, but I pay about $100 a year for extra services. So for my $100 a year I get free long distance, many call blocking options, email notification of voice mails, and many other extras. Plus if I move, I just take to phone with me. No charges for changing location.
    It is a VOIP so it just attaches to the internet connection.

What Girls Said 7

• No, I don't use a home phone. My parents do.

• i have one but use both it and my phone

• I don't use it anymore.

• I miss those but gets annoying after a while

• Yes but only because the cell service is pretty much nonexistent where I live.

• I do because it is part of our alarm system

• My parents do. I don't really live anywhere permanently enough to get one.

What Guys Said 12

• We have one, as it's cheaper for people to call us on it, than call our mobiles. Also, in the UK, you have to pay line rental to get broadband, so you might as well stick a phone on it as well. No extra charges. The only exception is with Virgin Cable, which doesn't use Openreach copper wires.

• I still do but we're about to get rid of it.

• Technically no because all the phones are wireless in my house so if the power goes out they would not be functioning. Actual landlines are hooked up different and work during outages. Cell phone for the win, I don't plan on having a house phone, I find the ring and being bothered annoying, if you don't have my cell # don't bother calling my house cause I don't want to talk to you

• My parents still do. I did up until about 2-3 years ago. It tends to be a lot more expensive up here in Canada for phones (any kind) so I thought "why am I paying (a lot) for 2 phones? Why not just use my cell for everything?" So now I do.

• I do... but I'm old. ;)

• Yup. We really only use it when the power goes out, though.

• Yes but mostly because it came with the TV and internet package.

• it's tough to beat the voice quality of an actual landline to landline connection...

• I pay for one since it made for a cheaper internet package but never hooked up a phone.

• Yep still do

• My office desk...

• No. Which number do you give out the most? Cell I'm sure.
    When I had one only bill collectors called for the previous owner of that number.