Americans, if I went to your country, and you saw me giving 0% tip, what would you do to me?

Be honest. I'm absolutely against this tipping culture, anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing. Tipping isn't mandatory in Finland. It's more of a thing people do to be polite if they feel like it, or if the server has been extra good. Especially at more high-end restaurants, where the service usually is extraordinary. Still, it's not really something people get their panties in a twist over.

• ^ because waiters and waitresses actually get a decent pay here so it's not like they're living off of the tips they get.

• Isn't that because waiters and waitresses get shit wages, so the tips they get are basically like their wages?

• I think it's enough for you to live. Neither high nor low. But you know Americans are notorious for spending their money like candies. That's why it seems to be "too little" for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be really confused! I stay in Australia, and no one expects or pays tips here. I think tipping is exclusively an American thing.

• Australians are right, they pay just what they see on the bill.

• Yeah, I know! I think the minimum wage in America is too low for people to sustain themselves on wages alone, hence the tipping culture is rampant!

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 4

• We'll depends on the type of service you receive. Don't be lame.

• I would demand you be exiled you degenerate! 😂😂 in all reality I would just think its rude, maybe talk about it for a bit, then move on

• Ur very brave to do that. I wouldn't do anything. If u go back to that restaurant again not sure what would happen.

• lol, never knew americans care so much about tipping

• They do A LOT. They throw away their money like toilet paper.

• well if they have that much to spend it's ok XD I never tip, I'm a student I have better things to do with my money

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's pretty unethical. Even if you're against it, servers working in the U. S. often get earn their living primarily by tips.

You end up hurting the victims of the practice rather than the employers who avoid paying their staff properly.

You're also probably going to be hated by those working at the restaurant. They're going to often remember you, and not in a good way.

Basically I'd think you're a cheap-skate. I wouldn't do anything, I'd just feel bad for whoever was serving you. I also don't agree with tipping culture but making an individual stand here does nothing but deprive an innocent person of their earnings.

• You don't understand why it's even there. You want for there to be NO tips at all? Fine, then that means waiters would have bigger salaries. But how would the restaurants afford to pay them? Oh right, raise the price of the already expensive food. Do you want to pay even more for the food than you already do?
    No, you don't. If you wanted to eat, go to the store or the buffet and eat. But if you go the restaurant, you are signing up for the experience of the dining culture - an experience that also includes tipping. Either deal with it or just don't go to restaurants.

• I don't care. It's your money. However, the waiter or waitress on the other hand might be pretty mad

• You're not obligated to tip. I know I don't.

• Do TO you? Uhh make a comment but not anything to u lol

• lol I am not sure if i understand your question