Getting kicked out of the house in two years. Should I be happy or not?

So my mother got angry at me today for being such a lazy klutz at home and she said that she will "ban" me from entering our house once I reach 18 years old. She told me that the reason for that proposal is that she thinks I will be a full-fledged adult if I get to find my own housing at 18 and if I get to tend for myself at 18: doing laundry, cooking meals, managing time.

Instead of feeling excited, I feel rather lonely. Come on. I would not let go of the house I am situated in for about 16 years!

Do you think I should be happy or not?

• Yes, you should!
  • No, you should not!
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• kids should leave the house on their own terms, when they are ready. not pushed out. parents are stupid when they do that pushing thing, and it should be against the law, and it would be the first law id make if i was president.

• I will vote you for president!!! The youth-- and the future-- needs you!

• yes they do, and thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your mom is being a bit unreasonable. Are you helping out with chores and stuff right now? Maybe she is just frustrated. Sometimes parents get upset if they feel their kids aren't doing enough.

I would try to help out where you can. If you can get a job and make a little money, help pay some bills. Show them you are responsible.

I don't know how people can just kick their kids out as soon as they hit 18, but I do know it does happen.

What Guys Said 7

• Better get your act together or you may have to live in a homeless shelter or something or sleep on the streets and fend for yourself. It's a cruel and miserable world out there if you aren't independent and responsible, and being able to take care of your own. Right now it's still comfortable and easy, but when reality kicks in you'll realize things are going to be really discomfortable and difficult.

• I will have to learn that the hard way. :(
      Thank you for your input

• I'm not going to tell you how you "should" feel. You feel whatever you do feel.

• it is kind of sad, but im sure you will learn a lot of good lessons from that hard time

• It's a good opportunity to learn independence

• in this economy? thats terrible. you need to talk to her about it.

• I think you should be terrified. It's not easy managing the world alone, especially at 18.

• You can just move in with me op

What Girls Said 3

• That's not really nice of your mom to say :// I was out of my parents home at 18 because I study abroad but I wasn't kicked out.

• People say its a great opportunity to learn independence and other bs but u gonna be broke af

• If she's not bluffing, I hope you have a job rn so you could be saving up.