Who's more shallow, men or women?

• Women
  • Men
  • Equal
  • answers

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to literally copy and paste the same thing that I wrote in a recent post asking which gender is more of a hypocrite but replace the word "hypocrite" with "shallow":

" I just love how guys say women are more likely to be (shallow) and women say guys are more likely to be (shallow) XD this just shows how human nature is more likely to blame others (or a group that one doesn't belong in) for faults that they themselves might be guilty of."

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea.

All I can say is that I'm still waiting on "plus-sized" male models and women who say they're so incredibly handsome from just their photograph.

When it comes to "beauty standards" they actually seem harsher on men to me, but that could be coming from males as well and not just females. It's like a very short guy without a six-pack and much muscle definition of any sort is generally not going to end up shirtless on a billboard.

With girls there are still a lot of strict beauty standards when it comes to the media, but quite a variety of shapes and sizes are considered beautiful there.

On the flip side those guys without a six-pack might actually do reasonably well with women anyway if they possess some alternate qualities of attraction like confidence, power, leadership, social skills, humor, good job, etc. Women don't seem to have nearly as many backdoor options if they're lacking in looks.

• I think society places harsher standards on men when it comes to what would qualify for them to be considered "handsome, studly, hot". But men don't need to be considered widely "handsome, studly, hot" to attract women.

I think society places looser standards on women when it comes to what counts as "beautiful, sexy, hot" but often women will need to possess some of those qualities to attract men.

• After I came to understand what it was, no problemo.

• Agreed, neither the dad bod/plus-size and severly underweight are good ideals.
      I think it is more related to genetics than anything. I have a classmate who is very muscular because she has played basketball almost all her life and she is in Romania's national basketball team and she still has cellulite.
      And if you have a sudden grow spurt (or just gained weight too fast), you more than likely will develop some stretch marks which will be there forever, no matter what.
      This is why I think finding these type of flaws deal-breakers is stupid.

What Girls Said 10

• Women in jewelry, makeup, clothing, men in women, cars and technology...

• Women voted men
    Men voted women soo...

• Shallowness is a personal trait and not a gendered one so...

• Depends on the person

• Both can be equally shallow

• Equal

• Both are, even various levels of shallow.

• Men, it's obvious

• I think men are.

• Regardless of the gender, unattractive people tend to have higher standard which is why they remain single. They expect their partner to look certain way but would never want to put effort to look as good as their partner. Defense mechanism?

What Guys Said 9

• Both are shallow in their own ways, but not equally. Women are shallow when it comes to men's status and wealth, men are shallow when it comes to disregarding women's personality over looks and etc.

Shallow, but not in the same ways.

• Well depending on what part of world you live in the level of shallowness differs.

In western society like UK or US women demand a partner to be 6ft tall, jacked, six pack pretty boy, make over 50k to 6 figured salary, own a nice car, be a bad boy or a loud obnoxious twat and have top notch seduction skills.

Men only want a woman who takes care of her self...

• pfttttt at the gender wars, how fucking cringe.

Equal...

• Women forsure. At least when it comes to casual sex. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

• Obviously women when it coma to sex.

• EQUAL!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! Equal!

• Men-looks
    Women-everything else

• Don't know, I've never stuck my penis in a guy.

• Obviously men